Source for "Nit" buttons? (1 Viewer)

TheYeti

Pair
Reaction score
I'm wanting to institute the variation of the Stand-Up Game known as the Nit Game (as seen on Hustler Live, et. al.) into my home game and I'm looking for nit buttons. Don't need anything fancy, but would like something close in size to the dealer button (2").

If I could find something roughly the size of a dealer button, but blank and red, that would be ideal. I've done a bit of googling and can't seem to find anything I like. It doesn't seem that any of the usual suspects are making nit buttons...must not be that popular yet.

We play a bomb pot every hour and I thought it might be fun to play a nit game after every bomb pot. Too much?

Attachments

• AC3B098C-43E6-4D0D-9268-AC6F3F9CD410.jpeg
    AC3B098C-43E6-4D0D-9268-AC6F3F9CD410.jpeg
    38.7 KB · Views: 77
I'm wanting to institute the variation of the Stand-Up Game known as the Nit Game (as seen on Hustler Live, et. al.) into my home game and I'm looking for nit buttons. Don't need anything fancy, but would like something close in size to the dealer button (2").

If I could find something roughly the size of a dealer button, but blank and red, that would be ideal. I've done a bit of googling and can't seem to find anything I like. It doesn't seem that any of the usual suspects are making nit buttons...must not be that popular yet.

We play a bomb pot every hour and I thought it might be fun to play a nit game after every bomb pot. Too much?
Do what your players like, I guess. But a nit game every hour seems like a lot to me. You could end up spending more time playing the nit game than not.

Do what your players like, I guess. But a nit game every hour seems like a lot to me. You could end up spending more time playing the nit game than not.

Nit game is maybe once a night. Maybe two times?

2-7 off suit game is something also to add to the mix.

I'm sure you guys are right, one nit game a night is probably plenty. I'm not even sure how long it takes to complete one...could take a while I guess since every player except one has to win a pot. Probably best to just start the nit game at the start of the game and play it once.

We have been playing the 7/2 bounty for years.

Will depend on how much the "nit" pays and how much your 27 bounty is. We play 27o for 5bb and nit for 3bb, usually 9handed. Personally, I don't think losing the "nit" game is that bad, but some people at our table will punt a lot because they don't want to lose.

Will depend on how much the "nit" pays and how much your 27 bounty is. We play 27o for 5bb and nit for 3bb, usually 9handed. Personally, I don't think losing the "nit" game is that bad, but some people at our table will punt a lot because they don't want to lose.

We play .25/.50 NL and our 7/2 bounty pays $2 from every player. I was thinking $2 for the nit game as well, but it would only come from a single player which could be $18 on nights with a full table. Maybe that's too much. I do plan to discuss it with my players beforehand, just looking for buttons right now though. :)

I had a online sign maker create some NIT buttons for me. Fairly expensive, but I enjoy them in all their comic sans awesomeness. That could be an option if you are looking for something quick.

NIT_Buttons.jpg

I been using these as my “nit” button bcos they stand out more when u placed them on top of your stacks

View attachment 1154029
View attachment 1154034
This is a great idea, I can finally put to use all these advent calendar funko marvel characters (that my son no longer plays with to use)!

Only problem now is figuring out where they all are

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom