Some new artwork for the poker room (Rounders) (2 Viewers)

JoeBGo

Flush
Reaction score
I found this poster on Etsy and ordered a custom frame from Art to Frame. Added a few chips and the last hand between Mike and Teddy.
IMG_1895.jpeg

I like the idea but the chips are not the ones they used in the movie. They had a bear in the middle of them. Great movie though!

I like the idea but the chips are not the ones they used in the movie. They had a bear in the middle of them. Great movie though!
The 3 on that top row have the bear. In fact, those are the exact same inlays as the film, made by the same manufacturer...the only difference with those from the ones in the film is the mold.

I thoght the general consensus was that Teddy KGB had TT and flopped top set.

I thoght the general consensus was that Teddy KGB had TT and flopped top set.
Well shit….way to blow my artwork up @BGinGA ! What am I gonna do now????!! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

But, seriously? I thought the way he layed down that ace on the river he had pocket AA?

Three things as I recall...

Teddy's speech about the Ace not helping Mike makes more sense in context if he's not holding one (or two) of them himself. He's hoping that Mike's missed flush draw hit top pair on the river meaning he will get paid.

Teddy holding TT means top set on the flop with a pretty confident near-lock on the hand from the get-go (who plays 98 facing a raise pre-flop?). Mike check-calls the whole way.

People who have played the footage in slow-motion seem to think they see a Ten or two go flying when Teddy goes berserk after Mike shows the straight.

Teddy's speech about the Ace not helping Mike makes more sense in context if he's not holding one (or two) of them himself. He's hoping that Mike's missed flush draw hit top pair on the river meaning he will get paid.

Teddy holding TT means top set on the flop with a pretty confident near-lock on the hand from the get-go (who plays 98 facing a raise pre-flop?). Mike check-calls the whole way.

People who have played the footage in slow-motion seem to think they see a Ten or two go flying when Teddy goes berserk after Mike shows the straight.

I’ve been reading theories about it now. With everything from AA, A10 and 1010…I have no idea?
You could argue that he has AA in the beginning of the movie when he felts Mike and he has it again here and loses with them.
A10 or something top pair for the Sidel/Chan replay from him watching the ‘88 World Series with Petra. Talking about how he knows his man well enough to check the nuts down all the way.
1010 for his comment about how that Ace didn’t help Mike
I dunno what to think? My gut goes with AA

You can definitely see a 10 flying in slow motion

But Teddy’s cards never leave the table…the cards that go flying are what’s left of the deck in his hand?
It’s true. When Mike tables his cards, Teddy reaches out to the pot holding the stub in one hand, and nothing in the other. His hole cards are face down in front of him. What he throws in anger is the stub, not his hole cards.

For the life of me, I can’t figure how to share a video here from a specific spot. Fast forward to 5:16

Last edited:
It’s true. When Mike tables his cards, Teddy reaches out to the pot holding the stub in one hand, and nothing in the other. His hole cards are face down in front of him. What he throws in anger is the stub, not his hole cards.

For the life of me, I can’t figure how to share a video here from a specific spot. Fast forward to 5:16
Just rewatched the scene…

The bigger question for me is why is KGB betting 5x pot on the flop?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom