Small blind bounty? (1 Viewer)

Dugthefish

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
I see this on some of the poker streams lately where they have chips stacked on the button. I'm told it's a bounty if the small blind wins the pot. I believe each dealer places a chip (1 sb?), and as the button moved around the stack grows until someone wins a hand from the small blind. Can someone confirm this is correct?

I want to implement this at my cash game, for the sole purpose of getting a dealer button into play. I have a couple of players who just refuse to pass the puck because "it's unneeded in a self dealt game". Which is 100% true, but I have a growing collection of dealer buttons I'd like to put into play lol

Yes this is exactly how we do this at our 25c/50c cash game. Sometimes we will put .50c on the button just to juice it up a bit. I think I saw this on a Brad Owen meet up game some time ago and thought it was neat. The largest amount accumulated was around $16.00. There were a few re-buys out of the small blinds as they tried "buying it" pre-flop.

We played this a couple times at my place last year. (I don't think it was on the time you came to play though, @Dugthefish ) Calling it the "Small Blind Jackpot." We used a clear plastic cup to collect the chips instead of trying to balance it on the button, so that might defeat your ulterior motive. But it's a lot of fun.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom