Adding bounties to a rebuy tournament. (2 Viewers)

MemphisFats

Two Pair
Reaction score
I normally host a small home game of $20 buy in with a single $20 rebuy or add on.
If I were to make this into a bounty tournament would the bounty only be available when a player is eliminated from the tournament, so after the rebuy/add on? Or would you get a bounty for felting someone in the rebuy portion of the tournament? Or even both? Is there a usual way most people play this?
Thanks
Memphis

I do a $40 bounty tournament w rebuys. 10 to bounty, 30 to prize pool.

Any knockout, they give up their bounty chip.

Rebuys are $40 w a new bounty chip.

No add-ons.

At end of rebuy period, people have a 1 time option of forfeiting their stack, and getting a fresh starting stack and new bounty chip for $40; and their forfeited bounty chip goes back into the prize pool.

I do it differently than some may. I want to keep rebuys low and only allow one-per-person per-game, so if someone gets felted during the rebuy period, they get to keep their OG bounty and rebuy without needing to purchase an additional bounty (as long as they do so immediately), and the person who felted them does not get a "knockout" point.

All of my players know this going into game. A knockout means knocking someone completely out of the tournament.

I can see merits both ways. For me, I want to keep costs low for players. My buy-in is $30+$10 for the bounty, and a rebuys is $20.

If I forced a new bounty, it would be an additional 50% of the buy amount. That math doesn't add up.

I normally host a small home game of $20 buy in with a single $20 rebuy or add on.
If I were to make this into a bounty tournament would the bounty only be available when a player is eliminated from the tournament, so after the rebuy/add on? Or would you get a bounty for felting someone in the rebuy portion of the tournament? Or even both? Is there a usual way most people play this?
Lots of previous discussion on this topic; a search should bring up several threads.

Although some are rather adamant about their personal opinion, a bounty tournament works fine either way -- tied to the player, or tied to the stack.

I use rebuys and bounties ($5). If you get knocked out you lose your bounty, then pay full price for a new stack and bounty ($25). I will also let you surrender your stack for a new one if you're low (typically at the end of the rebuy period), in which case you keep your bounty and I don't charge you for another one ($20).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom