Show us your HSI frac solution! (2 Viewers)

7FC7099C-CD52-4962-8025-AA325CCE6E9D.jpeg

Are the HSI's ok for Over Labeling with laminated labels? or do they have to be murdered first to fit them? I'm hoping that I dont have to mill out the $1's for larger labels and I can just slap a label over them with a new logo.

Are the HSI's ok for Over Labeling with laminated labels? or do they have to be murdered first to fit them? I'm hoping that I dont have to mill out the $1's for larger labels and I can just slap a label over them with a new logo.
You can do whatever you want, but laminated labels from gear without murder are going to cause some issues with spinners & wobbly stacks. You can do unlaminated vinyl and that would work without causing trouble, but they are unlaminated, unprotected and aren't going to look very good.

Murdering is the way to go. I've done roughly 2000 of them and it really isn't all that bad.

You can do whatever you want, but laminated labels from gear without murder are going to cause some issues with spinners & wobbly stacks. You can do unlaminated vinyl and that would work without causing trouble, but they are unlaminated, unprotected and aren't going to look very good.

Murdering is the way to go. I've done roughly 2000 of them and it really isn't all that bad.
Do we have dedicated chip murderers that mill chips here?

I guess I'll be sending 2 racks of HSI 1's, some roulette chips and maybe some flamingos if I cant find Santa Ysabel's. I want the same size labels on all of the chips, So I have to mill at least some of the set. Thank you for the info, I have never re-labeled chips before I I had to ask :)

Do we have dedicated chip murderers that mill chips here?

I guess I'll be sending 2 racks of HSI 1's, some roulette chips and maybe some flamingos if I cant find Santa Ysabel's. I want the same size labels on all of the chips, So I have to mill at least some of the set. Thank you for the info, I have never re-labeled chips before I I had to ask :)
@Josh Kifer is your man for milling. Send him a pm.

I over Labelled my Primary $2.50's with Gear's 25c Labels and they came out super nice

Will prob do the same with Secondary $2.50's

Just can't bring myself to Mill New Inlayed Chips.

I have never been unhappy with any of my Chips with Over Labelling.

Attachments

• 100_6093.JPG
    100_6093.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 198
You dont need to mill them, you can also cut out the inlay.
@Nanook (and many other members) have been doing it with HSIs with an exacto and non-acetone nail polish remover:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/murdered-chip-meaning.69418/post-1404657
on the HSI 1's, the label is smaller than the rest, and I want them to be the same size as the others. I know i can cut labels out and murder them on all inlays (and I will for the 5's,25's, and 100's for sure), but as for the others, I may have to mill those so they have matching sizes.

@Colquhoun Sorry for not being clear and/or if that sounded rude, didn't mean for it to come off that way once I re-read my message. I think I am going to pick up a bunch of the non acetone NPR and Xacto blades while I wait for a chunk of the chips to arrive. I still need to wait to find frac options and for labels to be made for me, but I may as well start now so I have stuff to do until then.

Didn’t take that as rude at all. I know the HSI used that smaller 7/8” inlay on all chips from $2.50 down...a strange choice I admit. I also see that the Horseshoe Baltimore corrected this slightly when they made their chips that followed the HSI. They used THC mold for the lower denoms, which is SO much better looking with the smaller inlays.

Just over Label them, if ya don't like them, then do something else.

on the HSI 1's, the label is smaller than the rest, and I want them to be the same size as the others. I know i can cut labels out and murder them on all inlays (and I will for the 5's,25's, and 100's for sure), but as for the others, I may have to mill those so they have matching sizes.
Some might not mind this inconsistency, but that just isn't going to work for me. I think the easiest solution is to just find some other chip to use. I know the HSI's and especially the $1's are cheap for paulsons, but that 7/8 inlay on a RHC is just wrong....Of course another solution is to mill out that entire area the inlay and that whole flat area outside the inlay. I can't comment on milling as I have not done that yet. I probably will at one point, but so far I haven't had the need. I think it might be tough to get a flat bottom milling bit bigger than 1", but maybe not. The other inlay on the HSI denominations, and on RHC in general, is normally 1 1/16" dia so if you have to mill to 1" and the others are 1 1/16" this might still bother you a bit. Of course, 1" is a whole lot closer to 1 1/16 than 7/8" is.

Another solution, as mentioned, is that you can just label right over what is there. The end result of this is not as good and may or may not cause wobbly stacks and or spinners. To each to their own, but I have done both and to me it is worth it to murder it and do the full inlay replacement.

Just over Label them, if ya don't like them, then do something else.
The benefit of doing this is you can go back to what it originally was. After a full inlay replacement, there is no going back.

I was able to track down several racks of secondary $100s recently, so I will by following this scenario. Currently in the queue for Gear over labels.

Photo credit to @Johnblue

1614017034719.png

So here will be my lineup, I was unsure about it at first but we had a small cash game and I showed some of our players the secondary $100s and they loved the "camo" look to them. Definitely no concern about a dirty stack across the board.

1614017086555.png

I was able to track down several racks of secondary $100s recently, so I will by following this scenario. Currently in the queue for Gear over labels.

View attachment 641640

So here will be my lineup, I was unsure about it at first but we had a small cash game and I showed some of our players the secondary $100s and they loved the "camo" look to them. Definitely no concern about a dirty stack across the board.

View attachment 641642
I love the 100s, its one of my favorite chips with the secondary 500s. Very cool idea to have more of them in play!

@Nanook I am pretty lost on what I want to do for my 1s. I'm unsure if I just sell my racks of HSI ones and get something else or not.

I'm considering milling the ones I have, but based off of your concerns, it may not be worth the effort or risk...shoot.

@Nanook I am pretty lost on what I want to do for my 1s. I'm unsure if I just sell my racks of HSI ones and get something else or not.

I'm considering milling the ones I have, but based off of your concerns, it may not be worth the effort or risk...shoot.
Are you planning on keeping the labels as HSI on all the other denominations? or are you going the custom route and putting a custom label/inlay in there on all denominations? Look at Colquhoun's pic right above your post. The gear labels can look really great! His look less of a mismatch because his 25¢ & 5¢ chips are THC which are meant to have a 7/8" dia inlay. In my opinion, his would not bother me too much. He is mixing THC & RHC molds and that may or may not bother you. PM me if you want, maybe I can help you out

Are you planning on keeping the labels as HSI on all the other denominations? or are you going the custom route and putting a custom label/inlay in there on all denominations? Look at Colquhoun's pic right above your post. The gear labels can look really great! His look less of a mismatch because his 25¢ & 5¢ chips are THC which are meant to have a 7/8" dia inlay. In my opinion, his would not bother me too much. He is mixing THC & RHC molds and that may or may not bother you. PM me if you want, maybe I can help you out

I'm going to be a degenerate and go the custom route. I'll shoot you a pm soni dont clog the thread with my questions

View attachment 641640

View attachment 641642
Thanks! My HSI set is the same with the Sec1a instead. Those 25s are gear over labels, the goal with the avacados was to get as many of the same set as possible, can always remove the gear labels and have the full sec. lineup. Plus both 100s are killer in different ways, I needed them both :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom