Which frac works the best with HSI secondary chips? (2 Viewers)

Given what is shown, which frac combination looks the best with the HSI $1 -$100 secondary chips?

• Paris & Choctaw

• Paris & Horseshoe Cinci

• Rivers & Horseshoe Cinci

• Rivers & Choctaw

• Starburst & Choctaw

• Starbutst & Horseshoe Cinci

• Original HSI 25-cent & Horseshoe Cinci

• Original HSI 25-cent & Choctaw

• NONE OF THE ABOVE

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bacon Dad

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Hey chippers.
I am looking at different 25 and 50-cent fracs for an HSI secondary cash set.

Now before some of you crap your pants... NO! I WILL NOT HAVE THE 25-CENT AND 50-CENT CHIP ON THE TABLE AT THE SAME TIME!!

I am putting together a set of HSI secondary chips that can work for $0.25/$0.25 stakes and $0.50/$1.00 stakes.
I know 25+25=50 and could use just two 25-cent chips for the $0.50 stakes, but where's the fun in that when you could have a 50-cent chip too? But with the larger stakes and higher denominations, I would prefer just one frac on the table and not two. I think it will streamline chip counting.

Even though they will never be on the table a the same time, I am showing the two fracs sitting side by side in the line up. Maybe it is my OCD, but I think it is important that the two fracs work together. But I have concerns of having a gold hot stamp between two chips with HSI labels. I do however like two gold hot stamps side by side. I am also concerned with the spot patterns and how they work with the HSI spot patterns. At a minimum, I would like the two fracs to have spot patterns that work together.

25-cent chip options:
It is difficult and costly to find the 25-cent frac that was originally made for this set so I am looking at alternatives for the 25-cent chip. My gut is telling me to go blue. I am looking at the following blue chips:
Paris $1 (currently showing a label that @doublebooyah85 is showing on his murdered JC $2 in his current sale - check it out here if you haven't seen it yet. It is an awesome set!)
Rivers Hot Stamp 25-cent (it's a gold hot stamp. So cool!)
Light Blue Starburst (I believe it is Light Blue. Hard to tell for sure, but the color in the picture below looks like it does in my hand.)
HSI 25-cent (hard to find and they come at a premium price.)

50-cent chip options:
Choctaw 50-cent
(It's a gold hot stamp and I love the blaze and tan colors that compliment the HSI secondary chips. Although it does not play with the $5 arc yellow color. Also, it technically reads as a a value of a half cent and not fifty cents. Is this really supposed to be only half a penny?
Horseshoe Cinci $100 I currently have 100x of the Horseshoe Cinci $100 and see this as an opportunity to come up with a nice looking low denom chip. But I have two concerns using this chip. The spot pattern is somewhat aggressive and the pattern doesn't really match the other HSI chips.

You can vote twice.
If you choose the last option (NONE OF THE ABOVE), please provide an alternative option for me to research.

Thank you for your input.

1-HSI.jpg
2-HSI.jpg
3-HSI.jpg
4-HSI.jpg
5-HSI.jpg
6-HSI.jpg
7-HSI.jpg
8-HSI.jpg

When I did my HSI fracs, I used blue THC solids, milled and labeled. As soon as I saw the Paris $1 hit, I wished I had gone that route.

Some people would claim it would be mean to downgrade the General to auxiliary soldier (i.e. the Hundo to half dollar) and I 'm one of them.
Again, in free countries you can do whatever, even urinate on poker chips :)

I voted for the last option.:)

I keep coming back to this. But I think the spot progression is all wrong.

I might just take my avocado 100s and overlabel them as fracs and go with a different 100 like the HSI primary.

1711407351455.jpeg

I finally ended up removing the inalys on the Paris $1, and using Gear labels. I think it works best for your setup as well.

You could always go with a milled THC for your 50c as well. Even though my 5c and 25c are THC and the rest of the set are RHC, I think it works because the inlay/labels are 7/8” with the fracs and $1. At a distance, the inlay size is much more visible than the difference in mold, imo.
IMG_5567.jpeg

I finally ended up removing the inalys on the Paris $1, and using Gear labels. I think it works best for your setup as well.

You could always go with a milled THC for your 50c as well. Even though my 5c and 25c are THC and the rest of the set are RHC, I think it works because the inlay/labels are 7/8” with the fracs and $1. At a distance, the inlay size is much more visible than the difference in mold, imo.
View attachment 1299092
That looks really good together.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom