Show us your HSI frac solution! (1 Viewer)

I committed a small avian genocide for my fracs but I regret nothing

Attachments

• 41466220-6231-46F4-8417-BC5249658970.jpeg
    41466220-6231-46F4-8417-BC5249658970.jpeg
    217.2 KB · Views: 176
They look great? What chip set are you adding these to? Secondary $1s?
Yes, I'm using Secondary $1s and relabeling Primary Snappers as $.50 fracs. I know, $.25 and $.50 fracs. I just like a colorful pot in my cash games.

can anyone put a picture of the HSI 1 SEC next to the 1A Sec
just like to see if the off white is off enough to distinguish them apart in a stack

Some might not mind this inconsistency, but that just isn't going to work for me. I think the easiest solution is to just find some other chip to use. I know the HSI's and especially the $1's are cheap for paulsons, but that 7/8 inlay on a RHC is just wrong....Of course another solution is to mill out that entire area the inlay and that whole flat area outside the inlay. I can't comment on milling as I have not done that yet. I probably will at one point, but so far I haven't had the need. I think it might be tough to get a flat bottom milling bit bigger than 1", but maybe not. The other inlay on the HSI denominations, and on RHC in general, is normally 1 1/16" dia so if you have to mill to 1" and the others are 1 1/16" this might still bother you a bit. Of course, 1" is a whole lot closer to 1 1/16 than 7/8" is.

Another solution, as mentioned, is that you can just label right over what is there. The end result of this is not as good and may or may not cause wobbly stacks and or spinners. To each to their own, but I have done both and to me it is worth it to murder it and do the full inlay replacement.

The benefit of doing this is you can go back to what it originally was. After a full inlay replacement, there is no going back.
O an over label o
Some might not mind this inconsistency, but that just isn't going to work for me. I think the easiest solution is to just find some other chip to use. I know the HSI's and especially the $1's are cheap for paulsons, but that 7/8 inlay on a RHC is just wrong....Of course another solution is to mill out that entire area the inlay and that whole flat area outside the inlay. I can't comment on milling as I have not done that yet. I probably will at one point, but so far I haven't had the need. I think it might be tough to get a flat bottom milling bit bigger than 1", but maybe not. The other inlay on the HSI denominations, and on RHC in general, is normally 1 1/16" dia so if you have to mill to 1" and the others are 1 1/16" this might still bother you a bit. Of course, 1" is a whole lot closer to 1 1/16 than 7/8" is.

Another solution, as mentioned, is that you can just label right over what is there. The end result of this is not as good and may or may not cause wobbly stacks and or spinners. To each to their own, but I have done both and to me it is worth it to murder it and do the full inlay replacement.

The benefit of doing this is you can go back to what it originally was. After a full inlay replacement, there is no going back.
So if you do an over label the chip can still be restored to original at a later date?

So if you do an over label the chip can still be restored to original at a later date?
Yes, all you have to do is just peel off the Gear label. You might have some adhesive residue left over on top of the laminate from the original inlay, but that can easily be removed with some alcohol. Other than that, no issues restoring to original.

I would recommend doing just a few of each and see what you think. No way an overlabel is working for me, but others will disagree.

I’ve also used duct tape to remove gooey adhesive. Smoothed the tape out over the adhesive and peeled it off quick, gets most of it. Then tap the tape a couple times on the adhesive to get the rest.

What makes them hard to murder? Do you just mean that the inlays are really tough to remove? Got any updated pics?

The labels under the plastic are stubborn on mine for some reason. Another member and I were discussing it in a pm and he was laughing that he didnt have to use any nail polish remover, where as nail polish remover was barely working for me.

I have put pualson chips (never tried plastic) in a heating blanket (140deg) then with a $5 hobby knife(exacto) from harbor freight found it easier to remove the labels. cut an x in label and peel

I have 120 aguas murdered so far
400 IOCs
200 LL 1s
80 HSI 25s
20 HSI 100s

The aguas were my first, and I decided to switch to other chips after I had problems. The others were super easy. I'm unsure why these specific ones are a PITA...lol

Hi all,

So, obviously there are a lot of HSI sets around but very few HSI frac chips. Show us your solution! I got some secondary snappers to use as fracs, but I'm not sure about them. I think I'm going to look to trade them for something else to go with my HSI primary set. Preferably light blue. Right now I'm leaning towards some Santa Ysabel $1 chips, but would love to see (or hear) some other suggestions! Post 'em up!
377B4351-6CEF-4316-A46F-D6C8111F4CB3.jpeg

@Outkicked i think they look great, what dont you like about it a chip with white spots next to a chip with base white?

edit: never mind i mis read your post

Was collecting frac candidates at one point because I loved the HSI SEC 5s so much but am going in a different direction. Here are all of them in one place.

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 3.58.30 PM.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom