Should I add denominations? (1 Viewer)

JFG

Pair
Reaction score
I purchased a set of 600 custom ASM chips back in 2005. Ideally, I wanted to host tournaments, but the housing crisis put a stop to that. Back then, leaving the denomination off the chips and using a poster to as a value guide seemed like a good idea. T1000 and T1500 were popular starting stacks, but T10000 games were getting popular. It just seemed obvious that having a value guide would give me the most flexibility with games. However, nobody remembered the value of each chip, so I was always answering the question, “what’s the chocolate one worth again?” It got to the point where players were betting colors, “I raise you 2 grays!”

My set was not complete. I had always wanted to add to my ASMs so that I could host larger games. Recently, I put in an order to CPC for 500 more chips, adding to the colors I already had and adding three more.

My question is do you think it would be odd to add the denominations to the inlays for all the new chips, leaving me a mixed set? The inlays would be similar but different enough to notice. Or, should I just keep the inlay the same and continue to use a poster with the values?

Attachments

• EB3E9DD8-E36B-4FC7-AD74-C99F27B94761.jpeg
    EB3E9DD8-E36B-4FC7-AD74-C99F27B94761.jpeg
    24 KB · Views: 76
  • E70417B4-67F5-477A-A163-F5E3A36F5FE8.jpeg
    E70417B4-67F5-477A-A163-F5E3A36F5FE8.jpeg
    46.6 KB · Views: 79
Exactly the reason why I am NOT a fan of non denominated chips. Years of dice chips in home games (or slightly better but basically the same) soo often "how much is this worth"

Personally I would go with @Rhodeman77 idea, but either way yes on denoms for the new chips, even if it is mixed. ASM inlays are not very difficult to remove and Gears quality for relabels is amazing. I know it sounds scary but maybe worth trying a couple. Of course this.also means an added expense to the existing set... interesting situation. Hope it all works out.

Reactions: JFG
It's unfortunate your players have the memory span of a squirrel. On a side note, I hope they are NOT Squirrels

;)

I'm a minority here but I actually liked your solid set as it was.

It's unfortunate your players have the memory span of a squirrel. On a side note, I hope they are NOT Squirrels

;)

I'm a minority here but I actually liked your solid set as it was.
All my new chips will have the new labels and I’m going to label only some of my solids.

No squirrels, so far I’ve only had one go missing. But the memory, yeah…

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom