Realistic? vs. Unrealistic? expectations? (3 Viewers)

Summary :

Newbie want to have a set with 11 denominations (very common newbie mistake)

Oldies want to help by suggesting that certain denominations is not necessarily and can be omitted to save cost and space

Newbie mentioned the thinking behind having 11 denominations and that it is a newbie set so does it mean it alright to have 11 different denominations?

The debating will go on but really in reality, I doubt anything is gonna change at the end.

If the OP want 11 denominations, I say just let him have it.

If he listen, he listen. If he don’t, it’s not the end of the world.

Tina side just make more money and OP have more chips so still a happy happy ending.

Now, let’s see the chips pictures when it done

Last edited:
They may be newbies but they can still add, right? Nickels work for 5c/10c games as well as for 10c/20c etc

By making an efficient set along the lines of all of the advice given, you free up money within the original budget to get other important poker stuff, for instance:

Nice plastic decks of cards
Custom table toppers
Custom Dealer buttons
Misc fun stuff like seating chips, bomb pot buttons, buy-in chips, show em chips etc

Don't 'limit' yourself to denoms for limit...non denom is the way

View attachment 1271998
Yep. Wifey Longfoot has pointed out, that the current non-denom dice chips have sufficed for many years and, with the inclusion of a cheat sheet at each chair, the majority of players are fine with them. And, that the minority that I'm attempting to consider with denominated chips will still be the ones asking what their betting options are with those denominated chips. She's suggesting I simply add a few new colors (purple, gold, orange) to our egg crate of chips to satisfy any tournament desires I have. And, at 5¢ a chip its hard to argue with her. As she has pointed out, for $50 to china we'll have an additional 1000 chips and a total of 8 non-denominated colors in quantities far exceeding any number of players we've ever hosted or intend to host.

I can't argue that different chips are going to change the quality of play, only the tactile handling experience. I've already ordered the samples. We'll see if Wifey Longfoot reconsiders after she gets to handle something other than a dice chip.

I had my window of opportunity. That window is not yet latched, but, there's damn little gap left under it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom