Seat calculator (1 Viewer)

celticnoel

Two Pair
Reaction score
Ok, so ive tried the search bar with no joy, looking to calculate how many players can sit around my 7ftx3.5ft table. Ive got a buyer but he wants to seat 9 players i feel this will be a bit of an ask with a 7 footer. I know theres a way to calculate but cant figure it out, any help appreciated cheers.

7 foot by 3.5 foot table.

Each straight away is seven feet total length less 2 half circles with a radius of 1.75 feet = 7 - (2x1.75) = 7 - 3.5 = 3.5. Straight aways are 3.5 feet each, so 7 feet combined.

Now add the circumference of the two half circles at the ends, which is the same as one circle with a diameter of 3.5 feet. The formula for circumference is π x 3.5 = ~11 feet.

So your total perimeter is ~ 18 feet or 216 inches. For 9 players, that's 24 inches of rail space per player, which is more than comfy.

Each straight away is seven feet total length less 2 half circles with a radius of 1.75 feet = 7 - (2x1.75) = 7 - 3.5 = 3.5. Straight aways are 3.5 feet each, so 7 feet combined.

Now add the circumference of the two half circles at the ends, which is the same as one circle with a diameter of 3.5 feet. The formula for circumference is π x 3.5 = ~11 feet.

So your total perimeter is ~ 18 feet or 216 inches. For 9 players, that's 24 inches of rail space per player, which is more than comfy.
Cheers mate much appreciated!

Teach a man to fish! :tup:

20161011_154507000_iOS.gif

The math is simple. Its just remembering the formulas from Geometry in 10th grade.

(Thanks for the assist, Google.)

But... Lets make it easy for the next guy. I guess the formula for figuring out the rail space per player on a standard oval is:

((2x (L-W)) + (π x W))/N

Where:
L = Overall length of table, in inches
W = Overall width of table, in inches
N = Number of players

Last edited:
It is also important to make note of leg placement. A pedistal table is no issue, but a table with legs may interfere with actual player placement.

True,

Also, because of the pie-shaped nature of rounded edges, the people sitting there may have the same 24" of rail space, but they have far less felt in front of them up to the betting line.

Ok, so ive tried the search bar with no joy, looking to calculate how many players can sit around my 7ftx3.5ft table. Ive got a buyer but he wants to seat 9 players i feel this will be a bit of an ask with a 7 footer. I know theres a way to calculate but cant figure it out, any help appreciated cheers.

@WedgeRock nailed it.

My 2-cents... I use 24.5" spacing for "comfy" play. But an 84"x42" table can certainly fit 9 players comfortably. You can even squeeze in a 10th player in a pinch.

Here's my perimeter spreadsheet calculator for standard-oval poker table sizes. Your 7'x3.5' table size is highlighted.

1601474202267.png

PS: We played 10-handed for a few hours on my 84"x44" table last week. We were squeezed in until one player busted out, but it worked. 8-9 players is really what it's meant for...

1601473771662.png

Last edited:
I would (or your client could) like it more round-ish, i.e. 120x200cm or even 122x203cm (48x80in).
Indeed, the table perimeter ideally required per player is 24in (61cm), if American, or 60cm if European:p:LOL: :laugh:

You always find the round perimeter by multiplying the circle's diameter (2X radius) by 3.14.
Then you add the length of the straight part, two times obviously, to find the (oval) table's total perimeter, and divide by the number of players.

I have had 10 players on my 7 foot table before. Depends on the type of chairs that you use and if the players are also linebackers on a football team or not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom