Tourney Ruling question (home game MTT) (1 Viewer)

This does not constitute a fold. If I could count on one hand how many times I have watched somebody hold their cards when the action was on them, I would have a lot of fingers on that hand.
9bbed62557e5461745712e96e4aa42b4.jpg

I don't quite agree with this, if the BB put his cards out of the dealer's view and that caused the dealer to reasonably believe the BB no longer had a hand, I think there's a case the BB's hand is dead. I've been playing so long that it's unthinkable anyone would take their cards below the table, but figured it was worth asking.

So dealer error, he just saw cards missing and assumed they'd been tossed without actually seeing them tossed.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. In the BB shoes I would want an understanding that if I decide to call whatever the host rules before the run-out will be binding and not reconsidered. Though I suppose if I am going to fold anyway, maybe it doesn't matter as much, but I really don't have a problem with trying to feel out the host on this situation, even if I am going to fold.

I would also like to congratulate the PCF community for refraining from the usual call for violence toward the dealer, which will now undoubtedly change now that I have planted the seed.

Dedicated dealers are clearly the problem here.

It's all arbitrary as to what BB did and why he did it. The important part is that you continue with play correctly and everybody who is still in the hand continues to have their options allowed. Killing hands and declaring misdeals happens way too frequently in home games.
What I meant was if he called or folded, not whether he actually caused the mistake the dealer made. Sorry about that mixup. I am assuming he did not act out of line and the dealer messed up....therefore the ruling in question is based on how to correct the dealer's mistake.

Holding cards in one's hand happens constantly.....mostly by horrible players that don't know any better. Please don't tap the glass in this case.

In my home game, taking cards out of the virtual vertical cylinder of the felt is a fold, we are not playing basketball, you can't jump out of bounds to catch your cards....
Although I agree with this in principal, it is very difficult to enforce in a home game, especially when you are dealing circus games that may have as many as 6 cards. It is quite common in our game for players to pick up their hand to look at it as it is very difficult to spread 4 to 6 cards and keep them protected. Just not worth upsetting players by trying to enforce this rule. I have mentioned it a few times and got a lot of push back.

yers by trying to enforce this rule. I have mentio
Correct, I'm ok with taking card in hands above the armrest, and if there is someone taking cards below the table that's on them if there is any issue with the dealer.
I think that dude killed my father!
Is your name Inigo Montoya ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom