Refurbishing my 15 year old table (my first table) (2 Viewers)

Rodog123

High Hand
Reaction score
Starting the refurbish process of my first ever poker table build, wood is still good no warping, plan to re-felt, add a toke box and chip tray. Just finished removing over what feels like 300 staples. I’m going to apply wood filler sand down and stain the under side. Any advise is much appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 89
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 97
Why go through the trouble of filling, sanding and staining the underside?

Funnily enough I've just finished staining the (sanded last week) underside of the table I'm building - the reason being that people might look :D ... and dark mahogany is so much better than untouched BB plywood.

Can't speak for Rodog123 but he may being doing so for the same reasons as me - I want my table to look the part from whatever angle someone cares to look at it.

Why go through the trouble of filling, sanding and staining the underside?
Just want to make sure the new staples hold, plus plan on staining the underside, strictly for cosmetic reasons.
Funnily enough I've just finished staining the (sanded last week) underside of the table I'm building - the reason being that people might look :D ... and dark mahogany is so much better than untouched BB plywood.

Can't speak for Rodog123 but he may being doing so for the same reasons as me - I want my table to look the part from whatever angle someone cares to look at it.
exactly same reason. Lol.

I’m picking up a Harbor Freight air compressor (3 gallon) and pneumatic staple gun on Friday. Can I get by with a 3 gallon compressor for a staple gun?

Be careful with HF air tools. Not sure about the compressors, but I tried one of their pneumatic guns once. It was leaking air immediately and I brought it back for another. The next one fired 3 crown staples and started hissing.
I knew better, but the deal was so good I had to try...just not worth it, imo.

If you have access to a compressor, it's absolutely worth it to use a pneumatic.. grabbed the arrow pt50 on the cheap and, compared to the manual stapler I later used on another project (making a little insert for my removable tray), it was an absolute dream.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom