Cash Game Recruiting higher stakes players (1 Viewer)

Supposed to have 8 players for tomorrow nights game. Weather has been pretty bad dumping some decent snow in the area along with single digit temps and gusting wind. It is supposed to continue through tonight.

Hopefully by tomorrow it calms down and there aren’t any last minute cancellations.

I ordered breaded chicken cutlets, cavatelli, veggies, salad & fresh baked bread for dinner.

I was gonna dig out the PCA's that I know I have here at the office and make a wise-ass post about forgetting to cash everything out, then I remembered that *you* sent me the PCA's... Duh.

With PCA's being available on the open market, chip security would at least cross my mind. I'd round out that custom set ASAP.

Last edited:
Awesome stuff here, @Rhodeman77.

I'll be out for sure when the PCF meet-up is announced.

It will happen eventually!!! Have to build up to it with the wife. Right now she can handle a single night of getting the kids to bed by herself (barely). Asking for a whole weekend of the house being over run with poker players would be a death sentence!

I would like to do an all day game for everyone within a few hours drive first. Similar to what @detroitdad does.

I was gonna dig out the PCA's that I know I have here at the office and make a wise-ass post about forgetting to cash everything out, then I remembered that *you* sent me the PCA's... Duh.

With PCA's being available on the open market, chip security would at leas cross my mind. I'd round out that custom set ASAP.

Yea, it is a high priority. Of course they are way more secure than the chips the regular host uses. And yes, those are $500 chips in the left that he was so happy to tell us he bought from Amazon!

8C285143-DBA4-4EB4-8A85-5C35B56BA7DA.jpeg

I know exactly how many chips I have and we keep track of each players buy-in amount so we know exactly how much money should be on the table. But it is a concern.

Supposed to have 8 players for tomorrow nights game. Weather has been pretty bad dumping some decent snow in the area along with single digit temps and gusting wind. It is supposed to continue through tonight.

For the cold weather uneducated; is that a good or bad thing for the game attendance?

As @WedgeRock said it bad for the game. Drive times get longer. Possible parking bans on the streets too. Though my driveway has plenty of room for 8 cars.

If people are at the game and it gets bad that is different, then they all stay until I kick them out!!!

Last edited:
I spent 2 two hours clearing the driveway and walkway to the basement last night only to wake up having it all completely covered again. :(

Thankfully the snow is supposed to be done for a few days. I somehow have to give out how to pick up the food, clear the driveway and walkway again in the 1-1/2 hours from when I get home until the game starts. All while my wife complains that she is a “single parent” since I won’t be able to help with the kids.

And I’ll be doing this all on 2 hours of sleep because our 3 year old took a 3 hour nap from 5 to 8 and was then up most of the night. o_O

5 Hour Energy will be my friend today!!!

Poker and little kids are a tough mix if you want to do both well.

I’m sure tomorrow I’ll be posting about some crazy hand I totally misplayed in a $1k pot.

We are playing 7 handed. I lost $300 on the second hand with QQ. Then made back the very next hand when I turned s set vs top 2.

Have made some big hand side in Hold’em while missing everything in PLO.

CF7D63A6-5650-4CFF-BBD0-EAA34C4E982D.jpeg

We are playing 7 handed. I lost $300 on the second hand with QQ. Then made back the very next hand when I turned s set vs top 2.

Have made some big hand side in Hold’em while missing everything in PLO.

View attachment 139874
That looks like something like 1500. I’d say plo didn’t hurt too bad.

That looks like something like 1500. I’d say plo didn’t hurt too bad.

I had it up to $2k at one point. Had AA vs QQ vs QQ vs 87 suited for $130 preflop. Flop was rags and the everyone folded to my $300 flop bet. :D

But then in PLO I flop top two pair with nut flush draw, bomb the flop and turn. River comes an A giving me an even better 2 pair and get bet into by the caller of my bets. I think there is nothing he can have that beats me as all the draws missed and he would have raised a set earlier.

I call and he caught a one outer for a set of Aces!!! :eek:

He had a weaker flush draw to go with the Aces.

$400 gone.

There should really be a puke emoji for hands like this!

Dunno about Canada, but here in the USA it's a pretty natural calculation to get a hundo out of five twenty dollar bills.

Yeah I dunno I could be wrong. We have 20s up here too lol.

Dunno about Canada, but here in the USA it's a pretty natural calculation to get a hundo out of five twenty dollar bills.

Not only that, but 1's and 5's get put into stacks of five when counting out a bet, cashing out, etc. Makes sense for the 20's to also get put into stacks of five unlike 25's which go into stacks of four.

Not only that, but 1's and 5's get put into stacks of five when counting out a bet, cashing out, etc. Makes sense for the 20's to also get put into stacks of five unlike 25's which go into stacks of four.

That's why you need to stack up 20 X $25's and make $500 stacks.

That's why you need to stack up 20 X $25's and make $500 stacks.

4 stacks of five or 5 stacks of four?

Because 4 stacks of five is weird counting by $125 per stack. And if you say 5 stacks of 4, then you are back to the original problem (1's and 5's are both counted in stacks of five).

For the first time since before I became a dad (5 years now) I will be hosting a game in back-to-back weeks!

The negotiations took a few days with my wife; she is getting three days of sleeping in while I’m off the week of Christmas.

Hopefully I’ll be posting more pics of big stacks of PCA $5’s and $25’s in front of me.

I already have 8 players confirmed with players texting me if they can get in the game. The game is taking off faster than I thought it would!!!

4 stacks of five or 5 stacks of four?

Because 4 stacks of five is weird counting by $125 per stack. And if you say 5 stacks of 4, then you are back to the original problem (1's and 5's are both counted in stacks of five).
I was just meaning we stack them up in barrels for a final count. but I see what you are saying.

For the first time since before I became a dad (5 years now) I will be hosting a game in back-to-back weeks!

The negotiations took a few days with my wife; she is getting three days of sleeping in while I’m off the week of Christmas.

Hopefully I’ll be posting more pics of big stacks of PCA $5’s and $25’s in front of me.

I already have 8 players confirmed with players texting me if they can get in the game. The game is taking off faster than I thought it would!!!

Don't jinx it.

I know that struggle. It's helped me to move my monthly game out into the garage. Right now I'm pretty happy with once a month hosting and once a month playing at another game... Plus the occasional cash game hosting maybe once a month.

I'd love to have a weekly game... Hopefully once the youngest 2 get a little older. For now I'm take what I can get!

I know that struggle. It's helped me to move my monthly game out into the garage. Right now I'm pretty happy with once a month hosting and once a month playing at another game... Plus the occasional cash game hosting maybe once a month.

I'd love to have a weekly game... Hopefully once the youngest 2 get a little older. For now I'm take what I can get!

We moved last year and one of the requirements was for the basement to have its own entrance. It is pretty much an 1100 SF apartment.

Understandably my wife doesn’t want a bunch people she doesn’t know having access to where our kids are. We have a lock on the basement door as well just for extra piece of mind.

Since moving in I have been having a game about once a month and playing at other games once a week for the past few months.

We moved last year and one of the requirements was for the basement to have its own entrance. It is pretty much an 1100 SF apartment.

Understandably my wife doesn’t want a bunch people she doesn’t know having access to where our kids are. We have a lock on the basement door as well just for extra piece of mind.

Since moving in I have been having a game about once a month and playing at other games once a week for the past few months.

Sounds like a nice setup. Glad to hear of successful wife negotiations and an even more successful ongoing game. Good luck!

Me thinks the fish you've wrangled into this game will leave soon if you keep this run up...

These guys are egomaniacs. They can’t admit that I am a better player than them. They caulk it up to getting lucky or run good.

My Stack was never at risk. I played the cards I was dealt and maximized my value with my made hands and got away from the hands I knew I was beat on.

The biggest pot I lost was when I 3 bet preflop with KKJJ double suited to $400.

2 callers, 1 is effectively all in the other has $800 and I cover. Flop comes Q64 with 2 hearts, $800 Stack jams and I make a tank fold. Turn is an A and I feel much better about my fold. River is a heart and I feel even better.

Short Stack made Aces up to take the main pot.

I was actually good on the flop and would have won the side pot vs the $800 Stack.

He had a small wrap straight draw with 578, no hearts.

I got his money later though :D

Interesting dynamic when successful people play poker. People who are successful lawyers or business people (fill in the blank) play poker they think they are good.

I mean honestly most people think they are better than they actually are. But when you have rich people that are good at their jobs they naturally have more ego and just assume they will be good.

I have a rich friend who always plays in Vegas and gets trashed by the pros. He just can't figure out that he isn't that good at poker. He is a self employed smart guy who is great at business.

Poker requires a unique skill set and years of practice. In addition to be really good you nee to study the game away from the table which most rich business types have no interest of doing.

long story short enjoy your manies bro.

Well done. I see keys behind your stack. Just out of curiosity, house/cars play in your game? I know PLO games can sometimes get a little nutty :p

Probably back to the Uber job when the game broke...

;)

Actually, probably bank box keys and keys to the main floor of the house (I think @Rhodeman77 said the poker room has a separate entrance).

Probably back to the Uber job when the game broke...

;)

Actually, probably bank box keys and keys to the main floor of the house (I think @Rhodeman77 said the poker room has a separate entrance).

@WedgeRock nailed it on both accounts. Keys to the storage room and it’s contents. Though I use a keypad lock to get back into the main house I keep the spare key in case the battery ever goes dead.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom