Question regarding DDLM(Dias de los muertos) chip set up. (2 Viewers)

turtlechip

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and I was planning the following for a 5 player micro stakes game;

100 5c pink
100 or 200 25c blue
75 $1 white
25 $5 red

I had my mind set on custom 5c pink and the rest of the chips with original denominations and I saw this thread with 5c blue and 25c pink. I can't make up my mind on which would look better on the table, but the former will be cheaper.

Also, I read a lot of threads discussing chip count for 8 players and up, but not much for 5-6 players. Do you think that 300 chips are going to be enough?

Thanks in advance!

unnamed.jpg

For my set, I kept the 25c blue (my favorite of the group) and made a yellow 5c.
7965E867-8402-43D7-9D4C-720D5CB1DE87.jpeg

What stakes are you playing? How many buy-ins do you expect each player to spend per night? Add that up and see if you have enough chips to total the bank.
I would probably recommend going with 200 25c anyway. But the great thing about these chips is that a year from now, if your game increases, you could always buy more to suit your needs.

For 5-6 players, you only need 60 nickels. Fill up the rest with quarters, ones, and fives to cover your bank required on your biggest night, and probably double it. You can probably get away with 300 chips if you balance it right.

For my set, I kept the 25c blue (my favorite of the group) and made a yellow 5c.
View attachment 1155285

What stakes are you playing? How many buy-ins do you expect each player to spend per night? Add that up and see if you have enough chips to total the bank.
I would probably recommend going with 200 25c anyway. But the great thing about these chips is that a year from now, if your game increases, you could always buy more to suit your needs.

^^this^^

Yellow or orange for the nickel, I'd be concerned the pink and red chips would be too close in color And may get confused. The fiver is that "status" chip in a micro stakes game, you want to make sure it's obvious when that chip gets tossed in.

Welcome!​

There is a great post about chip color, and break down, you can find the link in my signature, New Members Start here.

For color, Irish points out high contrast is important. The cost wont matter if you don't like the feel of the color / chip.
Personally, I would do Fushia (the 500) as the 5c, blue as the .25, white as the 1, orange (1000) as the $5, and black as the $20

For break down you want to figure out how much in a bank you'll need, best to calculate off of 8 players, So tell us about the game (stakes) you want to play. For instances I run a .25/.5 PLO game, with a max buy in of 80.

.5c chips is a little telling, so 200 x bb = 20 bucks, lets say 20 (buy in) x 8 (players) is 160, and lets say they all rebuy 2 more times, so 160 x 3 = 480.

60 x 5c (3)
200 x .25 (50)
100 x $1 (100)
40 x $5 (200)
10 x $20 (200)

410 chips, that would be a bank of $553 and will cover your player base now and when it grows.

@Machine knows mostly of what he speaks, except for the part about 60 .05 chips. Many players, especially the Louisville posse, like to have lots of the brightly colored fracs stacked in front of them. Sure, you could get by with 60 nickels, he's not lying to you, but, to really make your players happy, 120 nickels is the happy place.

DeusEx runs a great game and those breakdowns work well. I'm starting to align with the $20 chip versus the $25. The math is so much more natural because of our currency standard.

I realize money can be tight and the costs seem large initially, but, you're smart to get the input now instead of ordering something that may cost more in the long run. The above breakdown would cost 350 shipped, adding another 60 nickels adds any 50. You can always go back and order more chips at a later date. That's also a good base for if/when you play a .25/.50 game, though you would need to beef up your $5's at that point as well.

Good luck!

@Machine knows mostly of what he speaks, except for the part about 60 .05 chips. Many players, especially the Louisville posse, like to have lots of the brightly colored fracs stacked in front of them. Sure, you could get by with 60 nickels, he's not lying to you, but, to really make your players happy, 120 nickels is the happy place.

DeusEx runs a great game and those breakdowns work well. I'm starting to align with the $20 chip versus the $25. The math is so much more natural because of our currency standard.

I realize money can be tight and the costs seem large initially, but, you're smart to get the input now instead of ordering something that may cost more in the long run. The above breakdown would cost 350 shipped, adding another 60 nickels adds any 50. You can always go back and order more chips at a later date. That's also a good base for if/when you play a .25/.50 game, though you would need to beef up your $5's at that point as well.

Good luck!
Well I have picked up another rack of frac, I don’t know if they will see the felt but I’m ready for it ;)

Given that a 600 chip set is the standard recommendation for a 10-player starter cash set (100-200-200-100 or 100-200-200-80-20), I think the right mix of 300 chips ~should~ work for five players, but potentially be a bit short for six players.

For a bare-bones 5c-base cash set for six players, I'd go with a minimum of:

60 x 5c
120 x 25c
120 x $1
60 x $5
-------------
360 chips = $453 bank ($75 avg per player)

Of course, more chips is always better. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom