Quality clear 1k cage w/ liftable lid + sides? (2 Viewers)

Larold

Pair
Reaction score
I am interested in clear 1k birdcage-style poker chip cases to help display my collection. They will not be transported out of the house. They -will- be frequently (couple times a month) carried across a large room or even up a flight of stairs to a different part of the house and back. They will be holding 8-10 Justin racks (the hex-shaped racks with covers) holding 100 39mm Tinas.

The main thing I want to avoid, if at all possible, is where you have to physically reach down into the case to pull the racks out one or two at a time. I tend to nick and scrape up my knuckles doing this. Do any of the 1k clear chip cases have a design where you can unlock and lift the lid, which comprises both the top and all four sides of the case? I'd love to be able to effective get the lid (top + sides) completely out of the way, take the racks I need, then drop the lid back over the remaining racks.

Surprisingly - couldn't find anything on youtube demo'ing clear racks. (I'm mostly blind, so maybe I missed it in search.) Bonus if the case isn't notorious for opening and spilling if not held carefully / a precise way. Thanks!

I don't get it. Aren't most clear 1k birdcage-style chip carrier exactly as you described? Search for "poker chip carrier" on Amazon and you'll find a variety of styles from countless of brands.

I'm going to have to agree with @ArielVer18 I think what you described is what most of the bird cages are. If you are specifying the need for a lock, that may be a different story.

If lifting the lid includes lifting all four sides simultaneously w/ the pull of the handle, why have I seen complaints about the birdcages that it's hard to reach in and grab the last few racks then? You shouldn't be doing any reaching if all four sides have been lifted as I'm envisioning / desiring.

The handle is attached to the bottom panel that supports the chips.

The four sides are attached to each other. When you have the sides on, it is carried by the black handle. Removing the clear sides just requires minimal grip on two sides to remove.

The stability of the racks inside is a matter of how well your chips fit in them. Some chips fit 20 to a barrel more snuggly than others. Not all racks have the exact same dimensions.

Bonus Points: in exchange for all this in-depth wisdom, you must use the word “Snuggly” today.

gum GIF

The handle is attached to the bottom panel that supports the chips.

The four sides are attached to each other. When you have the sides on, it is carried by the black handle. Removing the clear sides just requires minimal grip on two sides to remove.

The stability of the racks inside is a matter of how well your chips fit in them. Some chips fit 20 to a barrel more snuggly than others. Not all racks have the exact same dimensions.

Bonus Points: in exchange for all this in-depth wisdom, you must use the word “Snuggly” today.

gum GIF
This is EXACTLY what I needed to know - thanks. Bet your ass I'll use the word Snuggly today. :)

If lifting the lid includes lifting all four sides simultaneously w/ the pull of the handle, why have I seen complaints about the birdcages that it's hard to reach in and grab the last few racks then? You shouldn't be doing any reaching if all four sides have been lifted as I'm envisioning / desiring.
Sounds like you’re talking about the Versa birdcage style case. It isn’t really a birdcage and it isn’t see-through.

Sincere thanks. I am legally blind so it's exceptionally difficult for me to find precisely what I'm looking for via traditional search methods.

It turns out that what I needed to know is if picture 3 is how birdcage cases operate. They do, so now I just need to pick a durable one, clear, cost-effecitve, that can hold 10 Justin hex-racks. Thanks for the reference above. I seem to recall Yuanhe are good durability for the price?

Sounds like you’re talking about the Versa birdcage style case. It isn’t really a birdcage and it isn’t see-through.
See the third picture down in chippitydoodah 's post above. That is two of the primary features I was looking for - transparency and ability, when lifting the lid, to effectively have the sides lifted as well. What I do believe is the discrepancy with my original post is that I was under the impression the handle is what always pulls the 5-sided (top + 4 sides) lid; this is not the case. (pun intended).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom