• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine PSA: Barrington table $149 at Walmart ($169 if you want the lighted version) (1 Viewer)

Picked up the $149 version and is COVERED in fiberglass fibers to the point that it isn’t even useable in its current state. Gonna try vacuuming and wiping it down but I’m disappointed to say the least. Anyone else experienced this and any tips to get it to a playable condition?
Strange! Where do you think the fiber glass fibers come from?

Picked up the $149 version and is COVERED in fiberglass fibers to the point that it isn’t even useable in its current state. Gonna try vacuuming and wiping it down but I’m disappointed to say the least. Anyone else experienced this and any tips to get it to a playable condition?

That is odd. I'm going to inspect mine today to check it out.

I did buy the $149 table, changed my mind and ordered the LED version. It was really easy to return. I was able to select any weekday for Fedex to pick it up.

So maybe try vaccuming it. Though i'd be concerned about damaging the felt. If you can't clean it pretty easily, could consider returning it and getting another.

I had a couple areas that had a small amount of reflective fibers, but I didnt notice them being fiberglass, and they brushed off.
On mine, there wasnt enough to be a problem. Sorry to hear you had more. I would start a return or exchange, FedEx will pick it up on a day of your choosing.

I had a couple areas that had a small amount of reflective fibers, but I didnt notice them being fiberglass, and they brushed off.
On mine, there wasnt enough to be a problem. Sorry to hear you had more. I would start a return or exchange, FedEx will pick it up on a day of your
Strange! Where do you think the fiber glass fibers come from?
I don’t know it had to be either manufacturing or storage. I also could be wrong in calling it fiberglass but my arms, hands, face, neck and eyes were on fire just from unpacking the table. Every time I handle it same problem now my basement is a mess.

Unboxed mine today. Seems really nice for the price! Looking forward to trying it out at my next game. I'm going to order the Hengme bag. Probably get the battery packs and the dimmer.

PXL_20231216_213425261.MP.jpg

I had a few fibers or whatever they were on my two tables but I was able to vacuum them up with a brush attachment on my vacuum. We got to break both tables in tonight for our Christmas tournament. Everyone enjoyed the upgrades compared to the older style tables!

Really wish these were available outside of the U.S.A. Seems like they make for a perfect second table.

I wonder what re-shipping to Europe on these would run?

I don’t have a regular game at my house or a dedicated space for a table.
I’m not going to be shamed into thinking this isn’t a great deal for my purposes. You do you.

I'm just being a sarcastic asshole, kinda on-brand for me. I agree it IS a great deal, especially for those with irregular games or on a budget. I'm actually surprised they're so affordable.

This reminds me of the meme about poker players spending $320 running a bluff but $2.99 for a soda, hell no!

Chippers be spending 10 grand on their Paulson sets but then buy a $149 table from WalMart
They’re really nice tables. Comparable with anything I’d say priced up to $5-$600 easily.

I got one of the $99 tables from Wayfair so I wasn’t planning on getting another one. I took it my brothers for a game and he really liked it. So now I ordered 1 for him for his birthday.

Hopefully I can get one of his sons to pick it up though, for a “portable table” it is pretty damn heavy!

This reminds me of the meme about poker players spending $320 running a bluff but $2.99 for a soda, hell no!

Chippers be spending 10 grand on their Paulson sets but then buy a $149 table from WalMart
$2000 saved on a table is $2000 to spend on chips...

I have the rectangle PCF topper so that sucks to hear lol
Even if you had the oval one, I doubt it would be a perfect fit. The Toppers that @rjdev7 is having made are getting rave reviews. Just check the thread. They're thinner than the PCF mats, so not so good on a hard surface, but perfect for a Barrington or a Triton, or any other folding table. And way easier than doing a re-felt. Plus you eliminate the seam when you put on a topper.

It looks like the tables also come with a 90 day warranty from the manufacturer as well. It may be another option.

View attachment 1238013

Wouldn't waste your time. Mine came defective when ordered from Amazon. She left a voice message to a ticket I opened and said, "Sorry because the arm rail is defective and it's not a part we can send out for you to install yourself, just request a refund from Amazon and send it back. I've gone ahead and closed your ticket." Terrible service. Don't bother. Just tell Walmart to take it back and get another one, if still available.

For me it was really about being able to store it. I have a decent storage space in the basement, but nowhere near enough room for a permanent table. Something I can fold in half and carry downstairs and fit in a closet is ideal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom