Pretty disgusting runout from a .25/.50 home game (2 Viewers)

sheikh617

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty gross hand last night from my home game. Wanted to put the details out as I thought it was pretty interesting especially from the villains side.

Hero - Pocket 10s ~ $270 stack
Villain - Pocket 9s ~ $190 Stack

Pre flop action was a $4.50 raise with 3 callers. 4 ways to the turn and it came J-9-8. Suits don't matter for this hand and I don't really remember them to be honest. I led the action and wanted to either take the pot down or isolate to one player. I was blocking hands like Q/10 and 10/7 pretty hard and the villain is a tight player so those definitely were not in his range. I led out for $16 and got one caller. Turn card was a 7 so the board was now J-9-8-7 and honestly with pocket 10s I pretty much felt like I had the nuts here. I went with $45 here to setup a shove on the river on any "safe" card. He calls and we go to the river! J-9-8-7.......10.

bruh.JPG

What. The. Fudge. I check in case he has a hand like pocket queens and he quickly checks back for a good old choppy chop. I had a few other tilting rivers this night and got kicked in the nuts pretty hard on some big pots but still cleared a $230 profit. Guess I should be happy *shrugs*.

That’s a little annoying, but a whole lot better than the board pairing.

you were a 3:2 dog after the flop and probably should’ve gotten raised and pushed off your equity if the villain was half decent. You’re a 3.5:1 favorite after the turn, so far from a guaranteed winner :shrug:

Try a few sessions in a row where chops are the best runouts you can hope for when you’re ahead hahahaha

Try a few sessions in a row where chops are the best runouts you can hope for when you’re ahead hahahaha
No thank you, this doesnt sound like fun Haha. But yeah he should have absolutely raised the flop, that's what you get for slow playing a set in a draw heavy board. Also I was weary of the board pairing not a lot made sense aside from A big over pair or a set. I'd have check folded unless the price was too good to fold. I've had a bit of a downswing myself, luckily only at the home game stakes, but still feels gross. I'd just like one session where all my big hands hold and I draw on people a couple times. Help make my poker mentality fresh again.

Pretty sick hand. You started out ahead pre-flop, fell behind post-flop, shot ahead again when you turned the straight and got counterfeited on the river with a chop. Yup, the poker gods were messing with you good. Lol

My emotions were high for sure. Glad I didn't lose money, but I also had a couple tough hands prior where someone flushed me out on the river and another hand where I flopped aces up but the board paired on the river and the other guy also had an A and the board kicker played so we chopped a pretty big pot. Then this happened and I was ready to throw everyone outta my house :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom