Pot limit pre flop raising rules (1 Viewer)

maloviz

Pair
Reaction score
I thought I understood pot limit raising rules but then I watched this video:

The blinds are $25/$50 and in the very first hand UTG raises to $200. I thought the rule for pot limit was you had to call the previous bet, then you could raise up to the size of the pot. So in this case that would be call $50 (making the pot $125), then you could raise pot totaling $175.

Or more simply 3x the big blind + what was in previous (the small blind) = $175

Other hands in the video also have confusing raises and statements about what is the legal max raise.

Can someone clear this up for me and help me understand the rules to raising in pot limit?

Ah, okay. That makes sense. Thanks both of you. I guess that's the end of this thread lol
We do this in my .25/.50 game, just so the math is less tricky. A pot open is $2. And we round down a quarter or up a quarter (I.E., if the pot is $6.25, we call it $6)

We do this in my .25/.50 game, just so the math is less tricky. A pot open is $2. And we round down a quarter or up a quarter (I.E., if the pot is $6.25, we call it $6)
What do you play? Pot limit pre flop, no limit post? What kind of starting stacks do people usually play with?

Last edited:
What do you play? Pot limit pre flop, no limit post? What kind of starting stacks do people usually play with?
When we play PLO (different variants), it's PL the entire hand. We do $100 max, most buy in for that, but some will buy in for $50 or $60.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom