Post mockups for fun/science?

feldmvn

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hey all... here is my first design Mock Up on the Forum ... let me know what you think. Constructive crit welcome!

"The Fishing Hole" based on some Santa Cruz / Sea life imagery.

FinalFHFB.png

PS I know it would be cleaner to curve the text, my design program does not have that ability so just pretend

Nuhockey

Flush
Reaction score
What are the thoughts on the colors and edge spots for the listed denominations on the FDL Mold chips below? I have the idea already for the inlay and wanted to go with brighter chips.

25€ Cents - Lavender
50€ Cents - Dayglo Arc Yellow
1€ - Blue
5€ - Dayglo Pink
25€ - Dayglo Green
100€ - Dayglo Yellow

MBCASH.png

Reaction score
What are the thoughts on the colors and edge spots for the listed denominations on the FDL Mold chips below? I have the idea already for the inlay and wanted to go with brighter chips.

25€ Cents - Lavender
50€ Cents - Dayglo Arc Yellow
1€ - Blue
5€ - Dayglo Pink
25€ - Dayglo Green
100€ - Dayglo Yellow

View attachment 524560
Colours are fine but I would take dg peacock instead of the blue to better fit in the set of quite bright colours.

PlaidDragon

Flush
Reaction score
just some random chips I mocked up that I thought looked really nice but I haven't been able to fit them in a set yet. If anyone likes any of them feel free to steal them.

View attachment 507075
I almost always like maroon-based chips. Yours is no exception.

My own maroon entry is via a future Rounders set; assume a tourney set with standard Rounders inlays with values from $25 to $25000 on the maroon.

Rounders.png

I know... Rounders... but I don't have a set and I wants it, Precious!

Are my colors on the $25 correct? Doesn't seem right.

Last edited:

Starchy

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Have I completely lost it? Are these total eyesores? I've been looking at the tool for too long to know myself.
Screenshot_20200923-030824~2.png

Beakertwang

Straight Flush
Tourney Director
Reaction score
Have I completely lost it? Are these total eyesores? I've been looking at the tool for too long to know myself.View attachment 538520
Each chip itself is really cool. However, reusing same or similar colors for spots could be problematic due to dirty stacks. I love the idea though.

Someone did an all tri-moon tourney set. Maybe @RainmanTrail?

RainmanTrail

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Each chip itself is really cool. However, reusing same or similar colors for spots could be problematic due to dirty stacks. I love the idea though.

Someone did an all tri-moon tourney set. Maybe @RainmanTrail?
Ya, I did an all tri-moon set with my Cali Rounders. Took forever to settle on colors. It's really difficult to pull off 4 unique colors across 5 chips with the CPC palette. I compromised on mine by using the dayglow yellow twice, but could have easily used canary for the spot on my T25 (which I refused in principle, just because I hate every other CPC yellow except for the DG, and those two denoms would almost never be in play at the same time anyhow).

Starchy

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I'll keep thinking about it, to be honest I'm not an immense fan of edge spot progression as I understand it.
From what I've seen a set full of quarter pies could work well enough, but I haven't given up on tri-moons yet.

As for dirty stacks, yeah you have a point.

Eriks

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have I completely lost it? Are these total eyesores? I've been looking at the tool for too long to know myself.View attachment 538520
My thoughts:

- I wouldn't repeat as many of the colors on different chips. @RainmanTrail did an awesome job with the colors on his set!
- Individually they look great! Especially love the hundo and the quarter. Not sure they all fit together as a set though.
- DG Saturn sucks in person, I would consider DG yellow for the 5
- I wouldn't progress from shaped inlay to regular and back to shaped.
- Consider using more unweighted colors as spots. The weighted colors can appear too dull in real life.
- Definitely get a color sample set if you haven't already.

Starchy

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Thanks! This all sounds like great advice, I do have a sample on the way, and I'll keep playing with the tool.

Top Bottom