Post mockups for fun/science? (8 Viewers)

I think people recommend the new DG Yellow over Saturn as a base color. The latest yellow is pretty bright.
I’ll check that out. Not anywhere close to placing an order. Just spitballing.

CPC colors are great...until you have them side by side with “similar” Paulson colors. View the link below at your own risk...especially the DG tiger vs blaze orange. :eek:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/paulson-vs-cpc-colors.47350/#post-882595
Yeah, I know Paulson colors are more vibrant. Seeing them side by side is pretty crazy, though.

I’ll check that out. Not anywhere close to placing an order. Just spitballing.

Yeah, I know Paulson colors are more vibrant. Seeing them side by side is pretty crazy, though.
It won’t keep me from making another custom CPC set, but certainly a difference when comparing.

Almost there. Might just have all the sites be HARDWELL UNDERGROUND.
HARDWELL UNDERGROUND YELLOW $5 P&T.png
HARDWELL UNDERGROUND RED $5.png

Considering a motswari tourney set, but modelled on the binions inlay. With an animal head instead of Benny binion and called motswari club, rather than horseshoe club.
View attachment 416420
View attachment 416428

I love the chip colors and I love the design. I am working on a set myself with a very simple inlay inlay design from the same era as well. While I generally love the moon spots on the top set I think the simpler spot patterns of the bottom set are better in line with the era of the inlay.

This is my current design that is in production. Had them made as blanks (I have always loved the look of blanks for some reason). Cash and tournament set.
91D55BBE-FB88-405E-A760-0030F5A62F27.jpeg

Now getting an idea of having a cash set made with baseball theme inlays.

The colors and edge spots are all based on The Chicago White Sox team colors throughout history.

Let me know what everyone thinks. I designed 2 different styles.

9D6C0BC5-202C-41FB-82E1-945CBECC59DA.jpeg
D0E04D31-5C6A-4CDE-ADD1-C47A98C18753.jpeg

Now getting an idea of having a cash set made with baseball theme inlays.

The colors and edge spots are all based on The Chicago White Sox team colors throughout history.

Let me know what everyone thinks. I designed 2 different styles.

View attachment 420450View attachment 420453

What if you did set 1 with the red chip from set 2 instead, but keep the other 3 the same?

From years ago—right before BCC shuttered forever. I had lined up the MGK mold and had just decided to bite the bullet and agree to BCC’s 5,000 chip order minimum. Hadn’t fully settled on the colors/edgespots, and the inlay was still to be designed, but then Mike Endy told me he was closing for good.

But, oh...what could’ve been....

4E4394A3-61CA-4874-860F-639F5F970C69.jpeg

From years ago—right before BCC shuttered forever. I had lined up the MGK mold and had just decided to bite the bullet and agree to BCC’s 5,000 chip order minimum. Hadn’t fully settled on the colors/edgespots, and the inlay was still to be designed, but then Mike Endy told me he was closing for good.

View attachment 432685

Wow!

View attachment 432685
This post makes me sad.

What started as fun has me thinking (some days harder than others) possible reality...

Yay or nay on color schemes (more than specific edge spots right now)?

Inlay to be white, or lighter secondary color depending which route I take with the design.

Denom/main color is 5c (pink), 25c (2 yellows), 1 (imperial blue or similar), 5 (butterscotch), 20 (lavender)

chip set.JPG

What started as fun has me thinking (some days harder than others) possible reality...

Yay or nay on color schemes (more than specific edge spots right now)?

Inlay to be white, or lighter secondary color depending which route I take with the design.

Denom/main color is 5c (pink), 25c (2 yellows), 1 (imperial blue or similar), 5 (butterscotch), 20 (lavender)

View attachment 440886

It's your custom set. You may use whatever colour scheme you wish. As long as the denominations are CLEARLY and unambiguously displayed on the inlay.

Question for those with experience: what's the protocol for sharing unfinished inlay designs for the purpose of collecting feedback? I received a first rough draft from J5 for a CPC set and I'd love to grab feedback from the community, especially as my "design-eye" is non-existent. Is that allowed or frowned upon until design job is final and completely paid for? Thanks! :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom