Paulson vs CPC colors (1 Viewer)

JeepologyOffroad

Royal Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
This may be a man lands on moon comparison, but I hadn't seen anything like this so I'll let the photos speak for themselves.

Any requests feel free to send them.

TMR9uBg.jpg

Z8O3HnI.jpg

nK7Yv6l.jpg

JMF6ejU.jpg

Lh9WLpf.jpg

wLB1mh1.jpg

WbUNhfy.jpg

RqiIBc7.jpg

iNfGnmv.jpg

Do you know how old your CPC set is? I think that the newer ones have a brighter formula. Those dg CPC colors do not look at all like the set that I had.

I am new around here and got really excited about the possibilities of an awesome custom CPC set. But now after owning a second hand set and several sample sets and comparing them alongside various Paulsons I am no longer excited by CPCs because of the blandness of the colors, particularly the weighted colors. I am a fan of bright and bold colors and would prefer that over the weight added by the brass flakes which I think dilute the already somewhat conservative colors. So I had to learn how to mill and murder so that I could eventually get to something really cool, custom, and colorful.

I have no doubts CPC colors combos can still be great. Many members have shown that. Lots of the DG colors really are vibrant and bright... but once you start moving a similar Paulson chip near it you can almost see the CPC fade before your eyes like magic.

That said I'll probably buy DG pink, DG green, light green, and butterscotch chips. They still are awesome. The DG peacock and charcoal look great too.

I have no doubts CPC colors combos can still be great. Many members have shown that. Lots of the DG colors really are vibrant and bright... but once you start moving a similar Paulson chip near it you can almost see the CPC fade before your eyes like magic.

That said I'll probably buy DG pink, DG green, light green, and butterscotch chips. They still are awesome. The DG peacock and charcoal look great too.
+1 for peacock. Definitely my favourite CPC colour
IMG_20190713_173641.jpg

This may be a man lands on moon comparison, but I hadn't seen anything like this so I'll let the photos speak for themselves.

Any requests feel free to send them.

TMR9uBg.jpg

Z8O3HnI.jpg

nK7Yv6l.jpg

JMF6ejU.jpg

Lh9WLpf.jpg

wLB1mh1.jpg

WbUNhfy.jpg

RqiIBc7.jpg

iNfGnmv.jpg
Those dg CPC colors do not look at all like the set that I had.
@JeepologyOffroad: I suspect the lighting used for your pics is the reason. Try taking pictures with more natural lighting if you don't have any better lighting inside your home.

They definitely look just like that next to Paulsons. There is good lighting there. A white background would probably help. I’ll try outdoors tomorrow, but I’d wager results will be similar. Paulson blaze will probably crack my camera lens but I’ll give it a go

They definitely look just like that next to Paulsons. There is good lighting there. A white background would probably help. I’ll try outdoors tomorrow, but I’d wager results will be similar. Paulson blaze will probably crack my camera lens but I’ll give it a go
I'm not questioning how they look next to Paulsons as they definitely don't compare... but your CPC DG's still seem a bit drab in your pics. Here's DG Tiger in natural lighting:

20190503_200510.jpg

The dg tiger I was very unimpressed with. It doesn’t look like your pic at all. Maybe this batch wasn’t as vibrant? I expected to like the tiger

Good post. I was super close to pulling the trigger on a CPC set until I saw some side by side comparison pictures... too bad... I think on the general media page there's some good side by side pictures of the atlantic clubs right next to the paulson top hat and cane's

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom