Post mockups for fun/science? (14 Viewers)

I really like those styles . . . next set is hybrid or straight ceramic. If I do ceramic I may reach out!

I really like those styles . . . next set is hybrid or straight ceramic. If I do ceramic I may reach out!
Potential 43mm Hybrids design (the 5000 is either 8A14 or 8D18). Text surrounding the center decal is placeholder for WM. Maybe Tommy might pick this up?ss
Edit: Colour corrections on 1 and 100.
W/ 5000 8A14
43mmariadesigna.png

W/ 5000 8D18
43mmariadesignb.png

Last edited:
W/ 5000 8D18

If you were going with hybrids, I'd stick with the actual 814 spots on the flags. The only reason why I was going to do 8D18 is because CPC doesn't offer 8V spots for the $100. Didn't want to use the same spot twice.

I bets that $500 would look awesome too. Not the correct spots on the $10 and $1000. Easy fix I'm sure. The white spot on the $100 is actually almond. Off white would be better than bright white if not doing the almond.

If you were going with hybrids, I'd stick with the actual 814 spots on the flags. The only reason why I was going to do 8D18 is because CPC doesn't offer 8V spots for the $100. Didn't want to use the same spot twice.

I bets that $500 would look awesome too. Not the correct spots on the $10 and $1000. Easy fix I'm sure. The white spot on the $100 is actually almond. Off white would be better than bright white if not doing the almond.
What are the colors used on the actual chips?

4TSA183943.png

Experiment on 4TSA18 edgespot for ceramics. Is there any fixes needed for this?? Above is 39mm, below is 43mm.
Edit: Larger image.

Here 's a tribute to PCA, within CPC means. It may or may not be realised some day. @Nex ! :)
First of all, I don't know if the PCA labels are copyright-protected.
Second, not all edge spots or exact colors offered by Paulson are also offered by CPC.
Third, I don't really know which CPC mold would feel and sound closest to the THC (this issue deserves a thread of its own anyway). You would need at least 10 of each CPC mold type of inlaid chips to judge. I opted here, indicatively, for Jockey mold, although H mold, Horsehead and Cards & Dice might also be serious candidates.
I picked up what I personally liked most among primary and secondary designs. Blue chip would also be labeled (rather than hot-stamped) as Non-Denominated.
Cheers
PCA CPC.png

The hundo definitely needs DG Pink, not the regular pink. Regular pink is way too dark.
Fiver could become a little too dark overall.

Regarding mold, I would definitely throw H mold out of the list of potentials. Throw in the A mold instead.
Cards and dice... has any chip nut ever seriously considered using that one to make a set?

Yeah, I would agree about the undo - just tried to stay loyal to the original (same for the 5er).
Cards and dice: no idea how it feels and sounds - but doesn't look ugly or something to me.

Those are awesome! Definitely need the base colors to be those of the characters: Dorothy, The Tin Man, Cowardly Lion, etc.

That's a nice idea - love it!

Hmmm, now which green is the Wicked Witch of the West?

Also playing around tonight...

The Mint Tribute: love the classic look of the mint inlays. Would love to do a custom tribute to this inlay with my own personal touch.
mint tribute.png

Aurora Star Cash Tribute: I just love the AS Cashset. Real ones aside, a CPC version with my own modified labels in the same style could be a fun alternative to spending $5/chip! lol.
as cash tribute.png

WSOP Tribute: Love the 1/4 pie higher denoms from the last few years. Would love a tourney set in this direction... Unsure which 100, 500 and 1000 version I'd prefer...
one drop tribute.png

Alas, so many options to play with...

I don't really know which CPC mold would feel and sound closest to the THC
Toss-up between diamond-square and jockey. Sound/feel is probably closer with diamond-square, but jockey has the edge with visual appearance similarity.

Other CPC molds with concentric ring (which helps define the similar THC look and feel characteristics) are B-mold, horsehead, A-mold, and circle-square.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom