Post mockups for fun/science? (15 Viewers)

Somewhat necro-worthy... re: #414 ff.

special-edge-spot.png

This is actually going to happen in a few months!
And it's only a L12 spot *cough*

For some odd reason, I REALLY like the color and spot choices on your yellow:

View attachment 173509

:ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Better don't let @Perthmike find this mockup...

But who am I to jab at this! Just having ordered a set with more than half of the denoms being a close tribute, and another coming up that goes even further :whistle: :whistling:

Imitation, they say, is the highest form of flattery (y) :thumbsup:

Sorry. I get it now. On post 604 you responded to me when I was commenting on the colors of the yellow Seaside chip. Didn't know you were referring to Gabriel's mockup still.

1) Would definitely color-match the fox head to every chip's base color.
2) Inlay design could use some filler for the big white areas to the left and right.
3) You're currently exceeding the safe print area. You will have to shrink the graphics and denom label a bit.
I'll definitely give some more thought on the inlays. Thanks for the tips!

Alright ... after getting the samples here's another try.

Any unsollicited advice is welcome :D

D72C9CB2-8C24-4861-AD33-D0162A91D014 (1).png

Red chip, black chip: spots too similar.

General: Change the settings of the mockup tool so you get a neutral gray background, bright or dark doesn't matter too much. Colored backgrounds skew your color perception, and while it's true the color representation in the mockup tool isn't exactly accurate (hence the need for a color sample set) it still makes it extra hard to get a feel for the overall appearance of the set against a colored background.

The top two spots on your dg arc yellow chip are really close. maybe a retro or imperial blue instead of the orange.

The top two spots on your dg arc yellow chip are really close. maybe a retro or imperial blue instead of the orange.
Thanks for your post. I don't know why but I had really grown attached to having a yellow chip. But I just couldn't get the right color combos to work. I like the spots on the chip but the colors just aren't perfect.

THEN ... I got samples. After shuffling them for a few weeks, I noticed the yellow chips are noticeably more dirty than the others. I know they won't get heavy circulation as my 3-4 yellow samples are now but I still notice more dinge on them than the others.

So I fiddled around a bit and threw caution to the wind.

This is the result. Better? Worse? Status quo?
blue.png

I'm toying with a blurple version but so far I like this best.

Whoops. Sorry if I was not clear. The DG Arc Yellow was fine for the base color of the chip. I just meant change the orange spot to retro or imperial blue. :D

Whoops. Sorry if I was not clear. The DG Arc Yellow was fine for the base color of the chip. I just meant change the orange spot to retro or imperial blue. :D
Yes I know. I tried both suggestions and I just didn't like them. Also tried other colors.

I'm still on the fence. If cost wasn't an issue I'd get them both but I've got to make a decision once I get the artwork back from J5

First time I ever really screwed around with the chip designer, not that I will ever buy a full set of customs. I could see losing hours in there.
index.png

We'll talk again in a year.

Oh, I've been around CT/PCF casually for 10 years now. Maybe we can talk in 2-4 years, but I don't foresee it. Much more likely to partake in a group buy vs create my own, though I have to say looking at my first one, I could see myself enjoying a game of .25/.5 or .5/1 with those chips, the colors just look nice hah

Lol lets put it this way. IF this ever happened it would be sitting at #4 on my priority list behind Paymaster (already paid for), a HP hot stamp set, and a boatload of $2s for limit.
All that happened.....

All that happened.....
I don’t have anything that I have the passion for right now. As far as the Hitching Post goes I don’t have anything unique to do chip wise. You’ve seen how hard a time I have had just mocking the S@P V commemorative. Unless someone pulls a time machine out and I can get a custom TRK, BCC, or Paulson set made I’m not sure where I would go. I feel like I’ve done what I can with CPC earth tones and spots. I did what I set out to do with the Paymaster set and feel like that book is finished. So unless I get a lightning stroke of an idea I don’t see myself wading into designing a new set any time soon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom