Possible Colorado Avalanche inspired CPC set (1 Viewer)

HughDrackman

Two Pair
Reaction score
Besides chipping and teaching, my other passion is the Colorado Avalanche. I don't know if anyone has designed a tribute set to the (reigning, defending, undisputed) Stanley Cup champs, but I thought I'd try my hand at it. I know @slisk250 had some single chips made up recently, but I'm unaware of an entire set.

This was inspired by the history of both the Quebec/Colorado franchise, as well as Colorado hockey in general.

6348a79b-610f-4405-b55b-0a3280332006.png

The fracs were inspired by Colorado's original hockey franchise, the Colorado Rockies! Long before the mediocre baseball team, the Rockies were the state's first NHL team from 1976-1982. In the team's history, they only made the playoffs one time, and were bounced in the first round by Philly.

Rockies logo.png

Next. the $1 design was inspired by the franchise that would eventually move to Colorado, the Quebec Nordiques! After the Avalanche won their first Stanley Cup in 1996, they brought the Cup back to Quebec before any one player got to spend a day with it, as a way to say "thank you" to the city that was their home before relocating.

Nordiques logo 1.jpg

Next, the $5 chip is based on the classic burgundy and blue, the current Colorado Avalanche! With their Stanley Cup win in the 2022 season, the Avalanche have as many world titles as their NFL counterparts, the Denver Broncos. Unlike the Broncos, the Avalanche are built for dynastic success, and will undoubtedly challenge for the cup again this year.

Avalanche logo.png

Finally, the $20/$25 (whatever) chip is based on the greatest trophy in all of sports, the Stanley Cup! Lord Stanley's Cup was first awarded in 1893, and is the oldest continuous trophy in all of professional sports.

Stanley cup.jpg

This is just a silly little design I did for fun. I currently don't have any plans on making a run of them, but how cool would it be to felt these bad boys during the next Stanly Cup playoffs?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom