Poker Sophie's Choice (1 Viewer)

TheDuke

Full House
Reaction score
Let's say you were invited to 2 games on the same night. What do you choose?

Game 1. Nice chips. Shitty table. Say custom ASMs or BCCs and a kitchen table.

Game 2. Shitty chips. Nice table. Dice or any slugged chips and a full on custom Chanman table.

Personally, I'd go for game 2. I hate playing on a crappy table. I can tolerate shitty chips if I get to play on a nice table.

Ask two hosts to combine? Game 1 chips on Game 2 table? Not too much to ask is it? :D

In all seriousness, could you offer to bring a nice chip set to Game 2? Win-win!

2 for sure, but if 1 had at least a basic table and not just the kitchen then I’m choosing that one.

Personally,

I love play and feel of a nice table.

I got my first TChan table last year. I even thought my plastics were better just because the playing surface was better...

Then I found PCF and bought way better chips.

Now I've got a waaaayyyy better custom Chanman on the way to felt all these chips.

There is no way I could play on a kitchen table with dice chips at this point...I'm too far gone

Game 1 for me likely. How bad is the table?

Just a pure hypothetical. Just curious to see what people think - especially people who are obsessed with poker chips.

I'm a self professed chip nerd but I'd pick nice equipment (chair, tables) over chips.

I would bring a table top to game#1 or nice chips to game#2

In fact I do this all the time. I don't host any game, but I run them with my equipment at different locations

First off, no one who knows the quality of a Chanman table or is willing to pay the shipped cost of a Chanman table is playing with dice chips. Likewise, no one that has invested dough in a custom set from ASM/BCC is playing on a kitchen table.

That said, and agree with @DerberAlter and I ask to bring my chips to the game with the Chanman table. I'm not carting my tables out (though I've done it before). I'm assuming space is an issue for Mr. Kitchen Table.

Last edited:
First off, no one who knows the quality of a Chanman table or is willing to pay the shipped cost of a Chanman table is playing with dice chips. Likewise, no one that has invested dough in a custom set from ASM/BCC is playing on a kitchen table.

That said, and agree with @DerberAlter and I ask to bring my chips to the game with the Chanman table. I'm not carting my tables out (though I've done it before). I'm assuming space is an issue for Mr. Kitchen Table.

Oh really?

I used to attend a poker league. The host built a man cave over his 4 car garage. He probably spend $30k-$40k on construction costs for this man cave alone. He had 4 custom tables (not Chanman but equivalent). Guess what he used? Plastic super diamonds.

Also, when I first got my Paulson Pharoahs from the original group buy that was the basis for Ten to create Chiptalk, I played on a dining table with friends. Not customs but uber high end for 2006 - before this forum even existed.

Possibilities do exist outside of your own existence.

2, while I like nice chips (why else am I here), I don't actually care so much that I'm above playing with dice or slugged chips. Hell, because of my budget constraints, I have 1600 Claysmiths. I actually like them just fine. Playing poker is the main goal.

EDIT: Posted in wrong thread, please ignore. Nothing to see here.

Last edited:
Honestly, none of them as exposed.

Except if in #2 the chairs also match the quality of the table and therefore I can find some comfort.
I don't care to play with plastic chips if the ergonomics are god, I will not enjoy the any high-end chip if I can't have a comfortable position for the hours of game to come.

Sorry, that was meant as a playful statement. It wasn't meant to be a harsh statement - but re-reading my post it comes across as douchey. Sorry.

I should have used a smiley. ;):)

Apologies as well.

giphy.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom