The $25s never seem to be the workhorse - learned something new! (2 Viewers)

I would say it depends on how your game plays. $25 is the workhorse for me in NLHE and PLO. I would have been better off with less $5 and more $25.

No more than 200 of any denom is needed for a single table. One may think it looks cool, but playing with multiple racks of a work horse denom is unnecessary and inefficient.

Maybe if you're playing 6 max and everyone is buying in short. Too much making change if you have 200 divided among a full table.

Maybe if you're playing 6 max and everyone is buying in short. Too much making change if you have 200 divided among a full table.
Not at all. I know some have a preference to huge stacks and betting by the barrel, but it’s just not necessary .

Not at all. I know some have a preference to huge stacks and betting by the barrel, but it’s just not necessary .
Ok lets assume we play 1/2.
Each player has a on average a barrel of 1s, 5s and half a barrel of 25.

You loose two or three hands in a row. Small pots mostly used your workhorse chips (1s and) 5s.
Now you are down to a tourney starting stack like 8/8/8. Lets face it. Thats just terrible ;)

There's what's necessary and what's optimal for the game. Getting hung up with making change and slowing down the game is not optimal. I like my game moving and so do my players. Thanks @Santa123 for the real number example, stacks like that would annoy my players.

You're also running counter to the typical answer on this forum, always more chips.

@Santa123 @DuckFat
I respectfully disagree.

I mostly aim my critisism towards those who think a set demands 600+ x $5-chips no matter whether they play 25c/50c or $2/5 and preech that to new people getting their first sets.

Most understand that four 25c chips equals a dollar or that five 1-dollar chips equals one 5-dollar chip. But some doesn’t seem to understand that you don’t need a barrel of chips to construct a 100 dollar bet.

There's what's necessary and what's optimal for the game. Getting hung up with making change and slowing down the game is not optimal. I like my game moving and so do my players. Thanks @Santa123 for the real number example, stacks like that would annoy my players.

You're also running counter to the typical answer on this forum, always more chips.
Is change making really that slow? If you have a competent dealer they can quickly make change if you call with a bigger chip, and it's not hard to hand a $25 to the player to your left or right for 5 $5s. You don't have to stop action to do this either, just make change when you're not in a hand.

I feel like change-making in your average cash game is not the 900-pound gorilla of time-wasting that it's made out to be. One serious tank is probably 50x longer than any effort to make change.
This…..Maybe because we play more socially with just friends. We play limit sometimes with a regular cash set and I’ve never had a complaint or even notice slow play for change. And with no limit, I don’t see any issue.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom