Juxtaposed home game setups - what's the most interesting you've seen? (1 Viewer)

ngmcs8203

Flush
Reaction score
My buddy just texted me a pic of a home game where the host appears to have a sweet man cave, nice custom table with a customized felt, comfy looking chairs, nice selection of whisky... Bicycle paper cards and a mixed set of dice chips, WPT sluggos and Michelob ultra branded chips. I told him as a nice gesture for the host, if he gets invited back to bring him a setup of WSOP cards from spinettis or some Copags.

Ha! I love that. Be careful bringing your own cards if its a very soft game, dont want to be accused of cheating, and make sure its brand new and you can open the plastic in front of them. Otherwise this sounds great, guy is a blank slate with discerning taste.

My buddy just texted me a pic of a home game where the host appears to have a sweet man cave, nice custom table with a customized felt, comfy looking chairs, nice selection of whisky... Bicycle paper cards and a mixed set of dice chips, WPT sluggos and Michelob ultra branded chips. I told him as a nice gesture for the host, if he gets invited back to bring him a setup of WSOP cards from spinettis or some Copags.
If given the choice between great chips and a crummy poker room/dining table or crummy chips and a great room and table, I'd choose the second. But why. not both! The room is the harder part. The chip are an easy fix...as long as the host stays away from PCF that is! If your friend has nice chips, maybe he could offer to bring them one night.

You say the host has a customized felt...does it have a custom logo or name? Sounds like a matching Tina set would be a major upgrade!

One way of gently nudging is bringing a few nice chips to use as card cappers. Sometimes this is an icebreaker when people ask about them and you can explain your thoughts on custom chip sets.

If given the choice between great chips and a crummy poker room/dining table or crummy chips and a great room and table, I'd choose the second. But why. not both! The room is the harder part. The chip are an easy fix...as long as the host stays away from PCF that is! If your friend has nice chips, maybe he could offer to bring them one night.

You say the host has a customized felt...does it have a custom logo or name? Sounds like a matching Tina set would be a major upgrade!
It’s got his last name on it.

One way of gently nudging is bringing a few nice chips to use as card cappers. Sometimes this is an icebreaker when people ask about them and you can explain your thoughts on custom chip sets.
Great idea. Excellent Ice breaker without being too over the top.

Love the idea, but I've never been a fan of Copags... the smell after a while damn near knocks me over and there always seems to be a lot of "top card float"

Love the idea, but I've never been a fan of Copags... the smell after a while damn near knocks me over and there always seems to be a lot of "top card float"
So I'm not the only one! Had a deck for 2 years and smell never wore off. I would get headaches. No one in my family or friends could smell it. Gave it away eventually. I bought a new deck recently just to test if things have changed. Nope! I can't do it.

So I'm not the only one! Had a deck for 2 years and smell never wore off. I would get headaches. No one in my family or friends could smell it. Gave it away eventually. I bought a new deck recently just to test if things have changed. Nope! I can't do it.
Nope... I'll never own another deck of Copags for this very reason

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom