Poker Knights Inlay Question (1 Viewer)

vai777

Reaction score
Got a sample set of these recently and am wondering what the situation with the inlays is. Two of the chips, the $100 and the $25,000 have glossy inlays and the other denoms all have flat / matte inlays. No design change just textural. Anyone else notice this? I assume the flat / matte inlays are the new version??? Thanks in advance.

Not inlays...... they are stickers. Adhesive labels. Cheap, made in China, with very little quality control or concern about consistency from batch to batch or even within the same production run. They'll use what they have at hand. Who's gonna notice (or care) for pennies per chip?

Poker Knights are on the less expensive side of poker chips and things like this happen in this price range (Made in China). If you care about perfection or if non-perfection bothers you, you will most likely need to spend more or get lucky that everything is perfect with inexpensive chips.

I have a set of Monaco Clubs that are the same mold, the same manufacturer, just different label images.
I've noticed this as well. $25 chips are glossy, $5/$1/25c are not.

They are all from the same order so this might be intentional.

I have a set of Showdown Club chips, which are the same as the Poker Knights, just different labels. I got them a few years ago, and they all have glossy labels. Perhaps more recent runs use the matte labels? I noticed recently that they're now part of Claysmith, I don't think they were when I bought them, so perhaps now that Claysmith is producing these they're using a different manufacturer? I'd be interested to hear how the print quality compares with the matte vs. glossy. I've actually been impressed with the quality of the labels on the chips I have. To me they seem superior to a lot of other cheap chips that I've seen, like the silvery labels on China Clays.

I noticed recently that they're now part of Claysmith, I don't think they were when I bought them
The original Poker Knights / Showdown Club / Monaco Club chips were brought to market by pokernstuff.com -- that web site is no longer valid. I'd guess either out of business, or bought out by Brybelly / Trademark / Claysmith.

Thanks for the responses everyone. Got word from Claysmith that the chips will now have ONLY the matte finish "inlays" stickers going forward. I assume the original batches had all glossy inlays (there is a video on youtube)... and that now, depending on the retailer there may be a mix of new / old stock when ordering so you could get a mix and match when it comes to the texture of the inlays / stickers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom