Inlay size differences among new THC molded chips (1 Viewer)

JMC9389

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I thought I was crazy for thinking that my Paris $1 chips had larger inlays than my inlay removed RPC $5's and $20's. The Paris inlays came in exactly at 7/8 inch with a quick and dirty measurement with a tape measure, while the RPC's came in at just about 3/4 inch. Thought I was crazy, till I got my Tiger Palace sample today and saw this..

20230201_164904.jpg

A pretty decently sized looking discrepancy between the size of the frac inlay and the $5k chip. Just a PSA for anyone with inlay replacement in mind for any recent NAGB chips. Make sure whoever prints the labels measures the inlay to print the labels to fit the inlay exactly, otherwise you may end up having a bad time.

Anyone else come across this phenomenon? Or have I been living under a rock?

Yep. After dealing with them I’ve realized GPI is going full on dgaf mode
Good to know I'm not going insane at least.

I'm sure @Gear and @dickthebaker are aware, but just in case. Matching labels to chips just got a lot more difficult. There's no "one size fits all" label sizing for THC mold any longer.

To some degree, there never was.
I suppose that's the reasoning that you ask for a "target chip" when ordering the labels? That way you can measure the inlay and print accordingly? A labor of love for sure!

I'm also noticing the difference of SCV (frac) and LCV ($5k). Very interesting!
I have to take a closer look now. The 5k specifically has an LCV and an SCV side to it (as do most of if not all my secondary $5's, but YMMV), but I have to check if the inlay size was the same. My recollection was that the inlay on the 5k was smaller on both the SCV and LCV side in comparison to the frac (both sides SCV) pictured in the OP.

Only real reason I even noticed the LCV and SCV was because I think the LCV is a more "perfected" version I guess I can say. It looks nicer to me whereas the SCV looks a little off every time I look at them. LCV is "solid" if that makes sense.

Looks like the recessed area is different, but the inlays are the same size? Time to break out the calipers!

71nY2MEJuyL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The frac looks perfect - the 5k looks like it slipped in the mold or something. The space between the edge and first ridge is almost double on the bottom right compared to the opposite side.

I always found the difference in distance between the outer ring and the edge to be an easier cue to spot.
That's only easy if both are available for visual comparison.
the way I always tell is the size of the space between the hat and cane is larger on the LCV, and a tiny little sliver on the SCV
Agreed, the "triangle" space is much smaller on the SCV mold.

But to me, the easiest way is just viewing the cane itself -- the SCV cane tip slants diagonally all the way down to the hat brim level, while the LCV cane is more horizontal and ends in open air.

I thought I was crazy for thinking that my Paris $1 chips had larger inlays than my inlay removed RPC $5's and $20's. The Paris inlays came in exactly at 7/8 inch with a quick and dirty measurement with a tape measure, while the RPC's came in at just about 3/4 inch. Thought I was crazy, till I got my Tiger Palace sample today and saw this..

View attachment 1071258

A pretty decently sized looking discrepancy between the size of the frac inlay and the $5k chip. Just a PSA for anyone with inlay replacement in mind for any recent NAGB chips. Make sure whoever prints the labels measures the inlay to print the labels to fit the inlay exactly, otherwise you may end up having a bad time.

I literally wish I’d never stumbled across this thread. Some things you just can’t un-see :oops:

does GPI have a QC department?
Is it even QC? While an inlay size difference like this might seem insane to us, it might seem perfectly acceptable to them to substitute in a slightly bigger or smaller inlay for one denom or for a run, for whatever logistical reasons they might have. Because I’m certain that most people would think we’re insane for even noticing, let alone caring.
(And even though we’re the most insane, discerning crowd when it come to this stuff, how many weeks did it take for one of us whackos to notice it?)

View attachment 1071258

This is complete and utter BS! you should sell off all of these sub-par pieces of trash!

I feel bad that you were so taken advantage off, I'm happy to bear the burdon, I'll take em off your hands for 'Tiger' prices ;) because I want to help you out! Thats just how nice of a guy I am!

Is it even QC? While an inlay size difference like this might seem insane to us, it might seem perfectly acceptable to them to substitute in a slightly bigger or smaller inlay for one denom or for a run, for whatever logistical reasons they might have. Because I’m certain that most people would think we’re insane for even noticing, let alone caring.
(And even though we’re the most insane, discerning crowd when it come to this stuff, how many weeks did it take for one of us whackos to notice it?)
"Remember to make it nice and easy when they remove out our compression molded labels"

The label differs due to the velocity of the labelometer and its distance of travel during it axis acceleration. This is caused by the depth variance of each chips hand model being slightly handmade whilst being handy during the hands on process.

All of this is in sequential combination to the color wheels used during the heating of the coolers in the celsius analyzer. It’s a complex method, but ensures proper algorithmic digestion of the tubular discus.

Because Tiger.

The label differs due to the velocity of the labelometer and its distance of travel during it axis acceleration. This is caused by the depth variance of each chips hand model being slightly handmade whilst being handy during the hands on process.

All of this is in sequential combination to the color wheels used during the heating of the coolers in the celsius analyzer. It’s a complex method, but ensures proper algorithmic digestion of the tubular discus.

Because Tiger.
1675710627431.gif

Because Tiger.

You running for a political office?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom