Poker Chips you regret selling (10 Viewers)

Started reading this thread... I'm thinking about selling some chip sets I have, but very much have a fear, once sold... I'll never be able to get them back (unless a very high price is paid) :/

Started reading this thread... I'm thinking about selling some chip sets I have, but very much have a fear, once sold... I'll never be able to get them back (unless a very high price is paid) :/

This may have been the case not too long ago but chip market has definitely softened up quite a bit. I’d venture to say that you’d be able to get them back for nearly what you sold them for if not exactly. Really depends on who you sell them to and if they’d be willing to honor FROR at cost.

Le Paulson Noir’s both because I love the design and also they were my first new Paulsons bought directly from Sidepot.

They are also harder to find now than boat chips.
I regret not buying them when they were available...
And my Stralka heads up set...

I’ve come to a realization. I don’t buy crappy chips; most of the chips I’ve bought have been fantastic, top shelf chips. Also, I don’t keep very many sets - I’m not a vault guy. So when I buy an amazing set, I tend to sell an amazing set. And the realization is that I shouldn’t be regretting the chips I’ve sold; I should be celebrating that they were mine for a time.

Last edited:
I bought a set of 1,000 world top hat and cane chips (I think the breakdown was something silly ranging from 1-5,000) "used" from Amazon Warehouse in 2014 or so for around $400. The box had just been opened up but all the chips, racks and birdcage were there. I think I sold them on CT for a little bit more to fund a big Apache Pharaoh China chip set lol.

Bought this in 2006ish for $50. I sold in 2020 for $182.50.
Only regret was I didn’t hold out a bit longer. One reportedly sold a year later for $600. :wow:
789E24AC-0E4D-4215-94CF-0E39C3F79FE0.jpeg

I will start you off. Regretted buying my Nevada Jack set. Slippery as could be. Couldn't stack for anything
Nevada Jack skulls? If so, where’d you get them?
The reason I ask is there have been plenty of counterfeits of these made…the ones from BRPro/ABC I found to be neither slippery or unable to stack.

Nevada Jack skulls? If so, where’d you get them?
The reason I ask is there have been plenty of counterfeits of these made…the ones from BRPro/ABC I found to be neither slippery or unable to stack.
I got them around 7 years ago. Don't remember where. But it was a reputable seller. Guess I'm just a clay chip guy.

Missing my 600 cash game set of hotstampes from ASM. Sold to buy my 1200 custom inlays. I will never sell another poker chip the rest of my days!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom