Poker at the D (5 Viewers)

I have been playing real well lately. I have yet to win with these Parks & Rec chips so they have been on thin ice. If they do not perform well for me tonight they could be hitting the classifieds soon.

29739562-5658-43C2-B80A-17A2AA275D88.jpeg

I have been playing real well lately. I have yet to win with these Parks & Rec chips so they have been on thin ice. If they do not perform well for me tonight they could be hitting the classifieds soon.

View attachment 411643
Bad juju in them chips! I'll take them and destroy them in a sacred Wamepoke ritual.

Add On Proof
I took the advice of several and did not change the spot pattern, just the inlay to two different sides.
This add on will be mixed in @ about 20% of the originals so the two sided inlays will be the minority, but just something a little different.

52897.png

Luckily my next game is still a few weeks away and things may be a little calmer by then. At the same time, the CDC announced this morning (last night?) that 100% of coronavirus carriers are unaware that they have it for the first 4 days while they are contagious.

Socially responsible vs total degening. It's not a "F'it" level call.

Luckily my next game is still a few weeks away and things may be a little calmer by then. At the same time, the CDC announced this morning (last night?) that 100% of coronavirus carriers are unaware that they have it for the first 4 days while they are contagious.

Socially responsible vs total degening. It's not a "F'it" level call.

The "F'it" is a bit of comedy to lighten things up
Me, nor the majority of my participants, believe we are putting ourselves or society as a whole at risk by a gathering of a small group of ~20 people for a few hours. For the couple that do not want to attend, they 100% have that option.

Personally for me? I can't believe the crazy hysteria. Every day is a new level of craziness I couldn't have even imagined. I won't turn this Poker at the D thread into a political debate with my own opinions. I'll just keep it simple and say I'm not in the majority agreeing with the necessity of what is happening currently in our world.

Def not political. I just spent the last 24 hours working in emergency healthcare, so it is very much on my mind now.

I think it would be much easier to quarantine all the sick/elderly for 4 weeks, and have mandatory giant social gatherings for the first 2 weeks. Then everyone will have the antibodies they need, and life can continue as normal.

In the meantime, I can't wait to hear if your attendance was lower. I just came back from a friends gaming/50th birthday party in Chicago. Lots of people sitting around a couple tables, laughing, having fun for 3 straight days. High 5's were shared, bowls of snacks passed. I understand that there were just 2 cancellations. I suspect my next game will have the same concerns, but then again, people have very short attention spans.

Def not political. I just spent the last 24 hours working in emergency healthcare, so it is very much on my mind now.

I think it would be much easier to quarantine all the sick/elderly for 4 weeks, and have mandatory giant social gatherings for the first 2 weeks. Then everyone will have the antibodies they need, and life can continue as normal.

In the meantime, I can't wait to hear if your attendance was lower. I just came back from a friends gaming/50th birthday party in Chicago. Lots of people sitting around a couple tables, laughing, having fun for 3 straight days. High 5's were shared, bowls of snacks passed. I understand that there were just 2 cancellations. I suspect my next game will have the same concerns, but then again, people have very short attention spans.

Official count was over 5000 yesterday on the slopes here. Mostly from Texas and Oklahoma

948B7CA6-B603-4CF8-8528-96C977D30D6A.png

I suggested something like this earlier, and the majority of replies thought it was impossible to quarantine 2 million people and get them food and supplies they need, yet it was perfectly feasible for them to not only assume 300 million people could be quarantined easier, but they are actually demanding it. Go figure.

Only 55 people on my flight back from Chicago to Nashville. 99 empty seats. To be fair, the flight continued to Orlando where Disney World is closed, so numbers were unexpectedly low. There were zero "pass-thrus" to Orlando.

Just curios, did you change anything about the way things were set up or how you played? I see people were still sitting close to each other. Did people still shake hands, etc?

I have not changed anything. Don't know what I would change. I'm not a public establishment.
(My wife already does a good job of sanitizing the restrooms because she things men are gross human beings anyways :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: )
Our WSOP game on Friday is only 1 table of 10.
I have had 1 gentleman in his 70's tell me he will not be playing in any games this weekend and a few others say "add me to the list" because everything else is closed.
We'll see how much more of the world burns down after this week and decide if we play again next week.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom