Poker at the D (7 Viewers)

bsdunbar1

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
I love reading the ongoing posts about the many other poker rooms guys run so I figured I would start throwing up our happenings for anyone interested.

I little history of our shenanigans to get things going -
  • We started playing a weekly league on Thursday November 30, 2006 and have played pretty much every Thursday night since.
  • We have a Private Facebook page to keep up with the happenings
  • We started with 10 guys our first season and 4 of the OG's still play every week.
  • I have a GREAT group of guys, many I met for the first time in my basement and several will be life long friends
  • We have played a total of 517 league games and have had 66 different league members over the years. (I keep stats on most everything)
  • We are currently in "Season 30", with 14 different people claiming a crown for a Season Championship
Here is a look at the early days of my poker room. Some of the amenities included;
- Large screen tv, with VCR
- professionally decorated room decor
- Junell inspired tables
- Classic chip case housing the complete stash of exclusive chips with dice on them
- A collection of whatever chairs I had around the house

10658949_535604483240471_6432781762725297984_o.jpg

The first upgrade was to my chips. It was so cool to get some chips with numbers on them.
I still have 2 barrels of the 5k if anyone is looking for any.

YinYanSet.jpg YinYan_5kb.jpg

After the plastic chips I got my first small set of Paulsons. My guys thought I was crazy spending $1 a piece for poker chips. At that time all the home game chips were available, looking back I wish I would have chose the WTHC's lol. I remember picking the Nationals because the numbers were the easiest to read.

National_Setd.jpg

I built different tables over the years but they were all racetrack tables and variations off that first set of Junell plans posted on Home Poker Tourney.

Red Table.JPG IMG_0647.JPG IMG_0646.JPG IMG_0645.JPG 20170212_043010719_iOS.jpg

We bought a plaque after a year or two, when we figured out this might be something we would do for a while. Once we outgrew the original plaque we got one that would last us a bit longer. Our "Seasons" generally last 15 or 20 weeks. Your name on the plaque is held in pretty high regard, more sought after than the $$. I have also had a champions coin made in the past as well as other misc trophies/prizes.

462066_121201451347445_1014914094_o.jpg Season 27.jpg 20171231_191820721_iOS.jpg

We played pretty much the same structure, same routine, same everything for about 8-9 years until I stumbled across PCF. Once I found PCF everything changed. Tables, Chips, Cards, Structures, Prizes, everything. There are a bunch of amazing people on this site sharing the hobby they all love and I have learned so much from so many of them.
This site was the inspiration and the source of invaluable resources for my current upgrades to everything about my poker room, most importantly my tables.

20180312_213559243_iOS.jpg 20170918_011332675_iOS.jpg pic.jpg 20180210_201702779_iOS.jpg 20180211_014815146_iOS.jpg

Our league used to be a closed league, meaning everyone bought in for the season up front and then only the people who bought in for the season could play in the weekly games.
Now our league is a $25 game every week, we take a $5 rake from every entry, every rebuy and every add-on to go to the season end prize pool. We now have a final night "Battle for the Benjamins" to determine our season winners. This makes it possible for anyone to stop and play any time they want, which is easier to attract new players vs saying "sorry you have to wait til next season to play".
As people get out of the tourney we play 1-2 cash until a "1am Hard Stop".
Just recently we are branching out to a few different games. PLO & Pineapple to start.

Sooooo any PCF member in Omaha on a Thursday night stop in and play some poker.

Last edited:
What a great setup! I love the Champion Plaque! Bragging rights to be had for years to come!

Can't believe this thread doesn't have more replies. This is a silly setup. A lot of cool rooms on here and people have some great looking home game shots, but your game is going straight professional. Nicely done...Really cool to see the earlier days, and outstanding job on the current version.

yeah. I am jealous in a good way;) Looks like a great group!

It is cool to see the gear evolve over time.

I live in a rural area so getting a steady game is proving tough.

Love those tables. I hope 10 years from now my game will still be going!! Good luck tonight!

This is so rad! I'm honored to have inspired you to start this! You'll have a blast.

My league will start its 11th season in August. We're still going strong after all these years. If you have any questions or need any assistance, just let me know!

I have been working on a RHC relabel and now have all the family members in the house.
I have always likes the Aria labels, but that relabel and tribute has been done over and over.
My next favorite, with similar simplicity was The D chip from Las Vegas.

D.jpg D2.jpg

Since my last name starts with D my house is sometimes referred to as "The D's" so @Quicksilver-75 worked me up a sweet label for my project.
As soon as I get some labels from @Gear i'll show some pron of the finished product.

Here is the complete line up of chips

20180718_215842094_iOS.jpg

20180718_215730056_iOS.jpg

Received my custom card guards. I had them made for our Season 30 Champion + one for every past Champion in our league. It will be a tradition moving forward for the Season Champion to receive one of these.
Maybe I will have a challenge coin made for those who have won multiple seasons.

20180818_030932707_iOS.jpg

Too bad we aren't closer, we could have a boarder war tourney for the NE vs cu Game on Sept 8.

Yeah, that would definitely be fun! A family friend used his business to host a border war golf tourney at Lake McConaughy. It was a lot of fun!
I was hoping to make the game this year in Lincoln, but my work schedule is not cooperating. Maybe we can try next year, when NU makes the trip to Boulder!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom