Pets (2 Viewers)

Someone just had her 2nd birthday..
BE2392E9-C9B7-4AAB-A5FE-BA45B949FA32.jpeg

My wife found us a new rescue out of Mississippi, she arrives tomorrow in Brattleboro VT and we have to make the trek from the NH coast. We currently have 2 older rescue girls, Belle, my love- an Australian cattle dog cross. She’s the smartest dog I’ve ever been lucky enough to be friends with, she’s 12 or 13 who knows with a rescue. We also inherited my father in laws rescue Sophie, she’s an 11 year old beagle. She loves us, but holy shit I’ll never have another beagle, the howl- drives me nuts. She’s a good girl, a bit on the stupid side though…
Our new girl is an 8 week old dachshund King Charles spaniel mix. Been told she’s super mellow and tiny. We will see tomorrow evening, she’s scheduled to be there between 6 &7 pm.
Will post some Live Photos once we are home.

We named her Deandra, sweet Dee- after our favorite show Always Sunny in Philadelphia
1D0F9773-A0FC-43BF-A08C-3CF9352796A4.png

So sorry to hear. The countless years of joy you brought each other can never be replaced. Again, its never easy but sorry for your loss.

Saying goodnight to our sweet prince Dexter in a couple hours. Ultrasound he went for today shows his liver is 80% cancer. It's never enough time.

320263789_862533238506910_888172862365897045_n.jpg
So sorry.

Good boy, Dexter. Rest in peace.

Saying goodnight to our sweet prince Dexter in a couple hours. Ultrasound he went for today shows his liver is 80% cancer. It's never enough time.

320263789_862533238506910_888172862365897045_n.jpg
I am truly sorry. Wishing you peace and comfort.

We had to put out wonderful Toby down a few months ago, and we’ve finally found the strength to get another pup. Going to be a rescue this time. I’d say about 80% of them in this area are pit bulls/pit bull mixes. Any advice on adopting or not adopting one? I never realized how many municipalities have breed-specific laws until I started researching.

We had to put out wonderful Toby down a few months ago, and we’ve finally found the strength to get another pup. Going to be a rescue this time. I’d say about 80% of them in this area are pit bulls/pit bull mixes. Any advice on adopting or not adopting one? I never realized how many municipalities have breed-specific laws until I started researching.
I got a pit bull pup as a gift (a friend had a male and a female, got neither fixed, and didn't want pups. FREE DOG!). Contrary to public beliefs, a pit bull is just like any other dog. They are a direct reflection of their owner. If the owner is mean, so is the dog. If the owner is loving and mellow, so is the dog. Don't buy the stereotype. Pit bulls are awesome, loving creatures.

The one thing to remember with put bulls is that they are actually EXTREMELY INTELLIGENT. That also makes them kind of stubborn. They want to make you happy, and they know darn well how to do it (whether they are right or wrong is irrelevant, because THEY KNOW). If you can get past that, they are wonderful.

Also, be prepared. Inflation can't raise the monthly grocery bill as much as a pit bull. THEY EAT. A LOT.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom