Pets (14 Viewers)

20220503_154013.jpg

The Grey fellla is currently in surgery to remove his spleen. Took him to the vet this afternoon since he had a lot of labored breathing after running around this morning. After x rays, ultrasound and blood tests, he's anemic due his spleen bleeding. Doc says if it was caused by trauma or a benign mass, we could have another couple years with him. if its malignant we could have another couple months with him.

The doc did say that his heart, lungs and liver were clear so he's a good candidate to make it through the surgery. It happened so fast that I didn't get to say goodbye to him before he went back, so I hope he does.

Come on Dex.

View attachment 1067045

The Grey fellla is currently in surgery to remove his spleen. Took him to the vet this afternoon since he had a lot of labored breathing after running around this morning. After x rays, ultrasound and blood tests, he's anemic due his spleen bleeding. Doc says if it was caused by trauma or a benign mass, we could have another couple years with him. if its malignant we could have another couple months with him.

The doc did say that his heart, lungs and liver were clear so he's a good candidate to make it through the surgery. It happened so fast that I didn't get to say goodbye to him before he went back, so I hope he does.

Come on Dex.
Dex made it through surgery, but sadly the anemia was too much for him to recover. He passed in the ER about 1:10AM. I was with him all day and the whole family got to come in and see him in the ER. He picked up his head, definitely knew everybody was there. About 11:30, the doc told me that is was just a waiting game and there was nothing I could do, that she would call me if things took a turn for the worse and I could get back in. I petted him for a while, cried for a while. He was staring into my eyes the whole time. She called about 12:40 telling me that he was labored breathing and blood pressure dropping. I was at the traffic light in front of the ER when I got the call he passed. The Doc and three tecs were there so he wasn't alone, but I should have been there.

Thats going to stick with me for a bit, but I know I gave him a great life. He was there for every day of my three boys lives, now he's not. This is tough man.

All I ask is that you guys hug your pets today. Maybe an extra treat or two. extend the ear scratching session. Its worth it.

Dex made it through surgery, but sadly the anemia was too much for him to recover. He passed in the ER about 1:10AM. I was with him all day and the whole family got to come in and see him in the ER. He picked up his head, definitely knew everybody was there. About 11:30, the doc told me that is was just a waiting game and there was nothing I could do, that she would call me if things took a turn for the worse and I could get back in. I petted him for a cried for a while. He was staring into my eyes the whole time. She called about 12:40. I was at the traffic light in front of the ER when I got the call he passed. The Doc and three tecs were there so he wasn't alone, but I should have been there.

Thats going to stick with me for a bit, but I know I gave him a great life. He was there for every day of my three boys lives, now he's not. This is tough man.

All I ask is that you guys hug your pets today. Maybe an extra treat or two. extend the ear scratching session. Its worth it.
My heart breaks for you. I’m so sorry for your loss. Hang in there and remember the good times with Dex.

Dex made it through surgery, but sadly the anemia was too much for him to recover. He passed in the ER about 1:10AM. I was with him all day and the whole family got to come in and see him in the ER. He picked up his head, definitely knew everybody was there. About 11:30, the doc told me that is was just a waiting game and there was nothing I could do, that she would call me if things took a turn for the worse and I could get back in. I petted him for a while, cried for a while. He was staring into my eyes the whole time. She called about 12:40 telling me that he was labored breathing and blood pressure dropping. I was at the traffic light in front of the ER when I got the call he passed. The Doc and three tecs were there so he wasn't alone, but I should have been there.

So sorry to hear that my friend. Our thoughts are with you and the family

I think our new girl is a pyromaniac- only dog that lies on the hearth. She just sits and stares into the fire for minutes. We are concerned that she may be seeing demons in the fire that may be telling her to kill us. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 1068429View attachment 1068431
We know what those demons are telling her

"eat all the food in the fridge ....... eat all the food in the fridge"

Well, my most favorite and beloved boy passed away suddenly and traumatically last August at only 11 years old. We don’t know why. Here’s one of my favorite pictures of Goodson:

FA7A6DB6-0B0A-49BC-A846-296B31852097.jpeg

It has taken me until now to be ready to rescue a new family member. Meet Moojie:

1C7F66D5-FA78-494E-86A9-EB2D9B920FF6.jpeg

Moojie is a 4 month old Pointer/Hound mix that was abandoned with his two litter mates. Left to starve until someone brought them to a rescue in the sticks on the west coast of Florida. So far he is a happy, lucky boy and we love him!

JT

I remember being told when we first got Lambeau - “don’t let him on the bed” and “he’s not allowed on the furniture”. Sure, whatever.

View attachment 1130622View attachment 1130623
My better half tried the same with me. She said she didn’t want any dog hair on the couches for when visitors came over. I told her I didn’t give a damn what any guests thought, and if they didn’t like it, they need not come over.

Beautiful pooch!

My better half tried the same with me. She said she didn’t want any dog hair on the couches for when visitors came over. I told her I didn’t give a damn what any guests thought, and if they didn’t like it, they need not come over.

Beautiful pooch!
Yeah I’m constantly covered in dog hair it seems. I’ve got lint rollers stationed everywhere, yet can never seem to find one. He’s not even the big shedder, she is:

E7ED1D8A-6317-48D7-9E82-0EE872832BEB.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom