Pets (2 Viewers)

anyone have experience with husky mixes?

Had a shepherd husky. Loved the snow, outstanding fighter, ate his doghouse, strong white teeth. Named Derek after Derek Sanderson cause he looked like him. Was a good loyal dog. That is all.

Welcomed a Great Dane puppy (Zelda) into our home this weekend to help celebrate @Mrs. Bentax's last week of chemo (y) :thumbsup:

zelda1.jpg

zelda2.jpg

IMG_4829.JPG

Last edited:
Some of you may remember Bailey from her co-starring role in @Don Clay' Lucky Gambler Thread. It looks like she will be heading to the great kennel in the sky. Bailey has been a great family member for the last 17 years. Recently she started growing a tumor in her neck and in her stomach. The one in her stomach has grown very rapidly and is affecting her now. Yesterday when I got home she was laying in the corner whining. She could not stand so we helped her outside. She cannot physically stand up and is in pain today. It looks like it is time to let her rest. We are planning an in-home euthanasia which hurts me even to say that. I did not think it would affect me but I am writing this now with a tears in my eyes.
Sometimes we take them for granted and then they are gone. Hug your today!

IMG_1909[1].JPG
IMG_1911[1].JPG

Some of you may remember Bailey from her co-starring role in @Don Clay' Lucky Gambler Thread. It looks like she will be heading to the great kennel in the sky. Bailey has been a great family member for the last 17 years. Recently she started growing a tumor in her neck and in her stomach. The one in her stomach has grown very rapidly and is affecting her now. Yesterday when I got home she was laying in the corner whining. She could not stand so we helped her outside. She cannot physically stand up and is in pain today. It looks like it is time to let her rest. We are planning an in-home euthanasia which hurts me even to say that. I did not think it would affect me but I am writing this now with a tears in my eyes.

View attachment 96833 View attachment 96835

It breaks my heart to hear that David... And a share a tear with you, my brother... She was lucky to have spend her life by your side... Be strong my friend...

View attachment 96833 View attachment 96835
David, I am so sorry to hear that. My condolences to you and your family. She looks like a wonderful pup.

They say that euthanasia is the last act of love you can do for a beloved, suffering pet. My wife and I chose to do it in-home and we do not regret the decision to have a very private experience.

It breaks my heart to hear that David... And a share a tear with you, my brother... She was lucky to have spend her life by your side... Be strong my friend...
Thank you my brother!
David, I am so sorry to hear that. My condolences to you and your family. She looks like a wonderful pup.

They say that euthanasia is the last act of love you can do for a beloved, suffering pet. My wife and I chose to do it in-home and we do not regret the decision to have a very private experience.
Trying to plan now. May not be able to until Saturday morning but we will see. If she is in too much pain I told my wife Saturday is unacceptable although that is when all of my grown kids can come home.

Hello David,

I loved Bailey and your photos.

I feel very sad and I'm sorry too.

All my sincere condolences to all your family.

Nico

Sorry to hear about this, David. Losing a four-legged member of the family is always tough, no matter the circumstances. It's hard to let them go, but it's all about quality of life.

Peace and love to you and the family, and most importantly, to Bailey.

Sorry about your loss. It's not an easy decision but think you made the correct one.

Sorry David, I just had to go through this not too long ago and it really fucking hurts, no other way to put it. A tear and a thought your way bud, you'll see him again, we'll all see them all again....I really hope anyway.

And the thing about great Danes is that even though they are going to be too big for your couch some day soon that will not stop them. They are the biggest lap dog around, they will get on your couch still no problem but the surprising thing will be that they will try to get on you while you are on the couch. Lol Lap dogs, im telling you. ;)

My parents and sister had 3 great Danes between them over the last 15 years or so. They've sworn them off now, not because they aren't great dogs because they are some of the best, but because being such big dogs they don't live as long, the heartbreak was getting too much and too often. Incredible dogs though, so loving and loyal.

This thread is so wonderful and so painful at the same time! All of us who have loved their furry family members share in your pain... and joy!

JT

Very good chances this 5-year-old female may be permanently joining our family. Nadra and her owner are long-time clients, but she's been staying with us going on three weeks now.

Her elderly owner is in the hospital, has lost mobility, and looks pretty unlikely to ever being back on her own at this point. She is 82, and will probably be hospitalized for the rest of her life.

Nadra was trained in Bonn as a service dog, and understands German better than I do. She showed up on her first day at daycamp three years ago with a list of commands in German -- translated to English - so we would be able to communicate with her.

She is the only GS with a personality I've ever really liked..... bad hips prematurely ended her service career. She is a very smart, sweet, and obedient girl, and there is no way she ends up in a shelter (or worse). She's already taken claim of Grady's old spot on the couch -- none of our other three dogs has ever laid there, even after he passed.

Welcome to the madhouse, Nadra. Soon to be a 20-leg household again. :)

20170520_212450.jpg

We adopted the bigger one about a year ago from the local shelter and rescued the kitten about a month ago. At first the older one hissed like crazy whenever she saw the kitten but i think theyre getting along just fine now

edit: wtf i cant get the gif to work

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom