PCF Member Appreciation Thread - Share Positive Stories and Give Thanks Here (5 Viewers)

@RainmanTrail was going to be in my next post doakwolf, good call.

I have been in threads where a few people have argued with him and I think have gotten the complete wrong impression of him. Rainman is a very cool dude, and the people I know up here in the Seattle area who have worked with and known Trail would say nothing but the same, very well respected reputation as far as a poker player and all around good guy. He's definitely an asset to this community, and if you look at his collection he has been growing you can plainly see he's got the poker chip love and also very good taste, throw in I think I read where he said he's a believer in chip karma and you got yourself a winner! ;) Just another guy/girl that is on this board that if you needed help and they could help you they absolutely would, a good member for sure.

Oh, and I feel like I also have to say thanks to @Tommy for the site, it could be said in ever post but this is a well ran board that we all use for a very reasonable price, thanks for all the hardwork.

So many people have been helped me out here and been super generous. I'll name some in whatever order but fear I'm inevitably leaving some out.

@Tommy for building it. It made me come.

@jbutler for being such a supportive friend. He's not always an asshat. Always there to talk chips, poker, Top Gun, or life and picks me up with a smartass remark or thoughtful comment.

@links_slayer for being one of the kindest and most inspirational people I've met. When my beloved niece had cancer and I was struggling with it, he and I bonded and he supported me at a time when he was going through hell himself. And I hear he can hit a golf ball.

@H|Q for being my all around pal, harvesting massive quantities of Flamingo spotted birds, and being a guide on the path to degeneracy.

@bergs for sponsoring copious amounts of beer at DCS, being one of the funniest guys I've ever met and donked off thousands of dollars with at Foxwoods, and killed the Crown & Gingers. Oh, and drunk walkabout from DCS. We'll always have the Dunkin drive-thru.

@Leonard for sponsoring copious amounts of beer at DCS, and being so considerate and a great guy. Just keep your phone in your pocket.

@guinness for teaching me how to laugh at myself... and everyone else. You're one of a kind.

@Chicken Rob for putting up with truly degen friends and constantly binking me on the river in SOHE. You thot I'd forgotten? ;)

@ssanel54 for trading me the Cajun Cup set. ooops, was that right?

@GrumpyCatMalaka for being a beer guru and touring my fair city.

@gopherblue for taking the heat off my Jenn the Dealer problem.

@Mr Tree for being a fellow chip design fanatic.

@JFCJ for the baller Mapes gifts and amazing chips.

@Redbelly for all the sweet redbelly hook-ups. Hey, that sounded wrong.

@k9dr for the many free sample chips and meat-up generosity. He's the meat-up king!

@Ben for making me think I built my tables too low.

@Chippy McChiperson for building big pots for me. :)

@Toby for the amazing Black Cat sample set and chip insights. Someday we'll share a wee dram.

@DrStrange for all the great strat threads.

@Jeff for running over the 50c Argosy chips game at DCS and being one of my guests who speaks below 105 decibels.

@abby99 for her keen chip and poker insight and hosting a drunken Amen Corner in her home.

@BGinGA for nurturing me on CT and helping me learn the ropes.

@Johnny5 for being Chuck Norris. Such amazing talent and professionalism, we'd be lost without you.

@jimb for being The Man. Have enjoyed our past brief phone conversations, always an education!

@David Spragg for resurrecting the hopes of custom clay addicts worldwide!

@TheChipRoom for spoiling us with all the epic sales.

@everyone

I admire and appreciate every one of you chip freak degenerates. Well, almost. I mean, close enough anyway.

Thank you all for making this hobby a little more fun.

@Tommy - if you build it, they will come
@jbutler - for making me laugh until I cry
@guinness - see above
@BGinGA - being a cool bro, knowledgeable and always willing to help out
@Puggy - Because you are a very difficult person not to love
@Toby @jbutler @tommythecat - for making the "what are you listening to" thread BAD ASS.

No one mentioned me, so see the what are you listening to thread...........

I always wanted to do a custom TRKing set but missed out before Dennis closed shop.
Thanks to @David O and @RagsPoker for getting me into a nice TRK set at a great price.
Also to @Gear for taking on the project and helping me out with the art.

Fabulous chip pron to come….

Looking forward to seeing the finished product.....should be a great custom set!

Thanks @Poker Zombie

Basically he is my on call chef if I have any questions. I've been experimenting a lot with cooking and him and I have a running conversation threat that is about 30 replies deep. If that isn't enough we text food questions/pics/comments on a regular basis.

Thanks bud. I owe you a beer :)

@links_slayer = boss.

Thanks, bud. Awesome gesture. You almost made me cry. :cool:

20160707_135800.jpg

I stumbled across PCF a couple of months back. Im so glad I did. You guys have been great and this community is awesome.

There are many people I need to thank but two folks in particular that really stand out that helped me from the get go - @BGinGA for all the tourney structure info and @CdnBeerLover for all the chip denom/breakdown info (and your very helpful spreadsheet). You guys were helluva patient with all my questions and helped me towards procuring my first 1000+ piece chip set. A big thanks guys!!!!

Now, who is the go to person to help with the "sickness" that's growing inside me??? I keep wanting more chips even though I dont need them. I need to call my ISP and block PCF. The sickness is strong within me........ Do not go to the dark side.......

@David O kept a sharp eye out for me and let me know when a nice set of Tropicana's hit the market. It was on a busy Friday and I might not have logged in for hours if not for his emergency alert.

Now I'll not be drooling over his set. I can drool on my own chips.

DrStrange
Thanks, I am glad you picked them up!
And yes with all that drool it took me hours to get them cleaned after the time we used them at your game. Just kidding. Lol.

Congrats Dr. I saw you "needed" another set!

David

Quick shout out to @chipjoker. I was recently seeking some used Las Vegas blue $1 chips in a classified. Shawn happened to be going to Vegas and was quick to offer his services. In addition to being able to find them in good condition, though, the packaging he used for entirely replaceable, live, used chips was phenomenal, and probably in the top five packing jobs I've ever seen.

Frankly, it was better than I've packaged chips well more valuable than these, and that's mildly embarrassing to admit.

I greatly appreciate a good packing job; I appreciate it even more when the chips aren't rare or overly expensive but you do it anyway.

Thanks, mate!

Just wanted to give a big thank you to @lnlver. Bob made some amazing pedestal spacers for my Gangster Squad table build. They worked perfectly and they look great!

I really appreciate it!
I had the pleasure of meeting Inlver at WCB. Really pleasant guy and a great bartender!

Another one for @RainmanTrail , I meant to post this a while ago and I forgot.

I got a package in the mail from Travis and not only did it include a free sample set that I wanted to pay for but it also had a deck of cards that have sentimental value to me and a cool extra that is going in my Denver Broncos room.

Travis is a good dude, anybody that deals with him in chip related transactions, or anything really, will have nothing but a positive experience.

Thanks again bud!!

A hundred karma points to @courage for surprising me with a set of earbuds. One of our frequent text/email topics is the quality of our current set of headphones and he tried to pitch a set to me a while back that I thought looked like cheap Chinese sweatshop garbage, but he was insistent. When I didn't bend to his whim and order them he proved me wrong by sending me a pair and making me eat my words.

So the lesson is to disagree with @courage about headphones and he'll send you a set just so you'll have to admit you were wrong :)

Here's the pair btw. They sounds pretty fantastic - much better than $22 earbuds have any right to sound - and I haven't had any of the problems with the cord mentioned in a couple of the reviews. Gotta buy a case for them, though, since they come naked.

A hundred karma points to @courage for surprising me with a set of earbuds. One of our frequent text/email topics is the quality of our current set of headphones and he tried to pitch a set to me a while back that I thought looked like cheap Chinese sweatshop garbage, but he was insistent. When I didn't bend to his whim and order them he proved me wrong by sending me a pair and making me eat my words.

So the lesson is to disagree with @courage about headphones and he'll send you a set just so you'll have to admit you were wrong :)

Here's the pair btw. They sounds pretty fantastic - much better than $22 earbuds have any right to sound - and I haven't had any of the problems with the cord mentioned in a couple of the reviews. Gotta buy a case for them, though, since they come naked.

Aww, shucks. T'warnt nuttin.

It's worth it just to hear you admit you were wrong. :sneaky:

A small token of thanks for being supportive when I run bad (or at least faking it), uber-friend price on the Cajun Cups, and those dick pics (srsly dude, stop).

May they add a measure of sonic clarity to the crazy music recs you send. (y) :thumbsup:

@David O for running a super tight sample set mail out operation. Ruthless efficiency and ultra fast turnaround. Bravo, sir. Bravo!

Just thought of another one that should e mentioned: @pokermijo

As a new member he saw something he liked (plaques from MSK) and put the idea out there about another design. Since he has came on board he has worked hard on putting together a group buy that has been ran very smoothly and the participants should be receiving their packages very soon. I know it's not technically "over" yet and he may just be mailing out boxes of rocks for fun before he takes all our money...but I highly doubt that. ;) :D

Good job dude, thank you, and welcome to the community!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom