PCF Cigars (5 Viewers)

Surprising they cost so much for no effect, I'll have to try, any recommendations for a first timer

Well there is nicotine. You get that head rush similar to a cigarette... some would call it dizziness.

Take it slow. Too much and you will be sick. I have overdone it and turned green. Not fun.

Surprising they cost so much for no effect, I'll have to try, any recommendations for a first timer
Arturo Fuente 858 Natural or Macanudo Estate Reserve or Perdomo 10th Anniversary Champagne

For anyone interested I am selling a Cohiba humidor

20180509_175150.jpg 20180509_175250.jpg 20180509_175348.jpg

I will also include a matching Cohiba cigar cutter. Both are brand new and never used.

220 USD plus shipping.

I would much prefer to sell here to a member than on eBay. Also open to trade for a rack of something cool

Perry

what do people think about Cubans vs. Nicaragua and other cigars out there? As a Canadian Cubans are readily available but on the expensive side. I kind of feel like there is undue hype around Cubans.

I understand this is all subjective but interested to hear what others feel/think.

I think they are overrated also based on price and hype. I do like them but I like cigars and there aren't many I do not like.

I think they are overrated also based on price and hype. I do like them but I like cigars and there aren't many I do not like.

to clarify...I have smoked Cubans and I like them. I am wondering if they are significantly better than other house cigars or cigars from other countries.

My feeling is that they are all similar but that could also be cause I am a noob and don't taste the difference.

what do people think about Cubans vs. Nicaragua and other cigars out there? As a Canadian Cubans are readily available but on the expensive side. I kind of feel like there is undue hype around Cubans.

I understand this is all subjective but interested to hear what others feel/think.

to clarify...I have smoked Cubans and I like them. I am wondering if they are significantly better than other house cigars or cigars from other countries.

My feeling is that they are all similar but that could also be cause I am a noob and don't taste the difference.

I find that Cubans have a unique spice to them that I’ve not found in non-Cubans. I believe there are more mild-medium blends on the Cuban side than from other offerings. I like a stronger cigar so I tend to choose non Cuban cigars more often. I do have a good number of Cubans and they do age very well. At the first end of the day - smoke what you like and like what you smoke.

Well there is nicotine. You get that head rush similar to a cigarette... some would call it dizziness.

Take it slow. Too much and you will be sick. I have overdone it and turned green. Not fun.

As Lemon has suggested - do not, under any circumstance, smoke a cigar on an empty stomach. You’ll get what I call ‘bubble gut’ and it will totally ruin your experience. Pick a smaller cigar first as the nicotine could really hit you (or not). Take the time to slowly puff - once a minute or two and slowly exhale. Relax and enjoy!

I do not think the Cubans are that much better then other cigars from other countries. I have had a few $150 Cuban cigars that were given to me, liked them but I don't see myself buying them on a regular basis based on the high price. I too could be a noob on the higher cost Cubans just because I do not smoke them much based on availability and cost.

I do not think the Cubans are that much better then other cigars from other countries. I have had a few $150 Cuban cigars that were given to me, liked them but I don't see myself buying them on a regular basis based on the high price. I too could be a noob on the higher cost Cubans just because I do not smoke them much based on availability and cost.
I’ll take an Opus X or Estate Sun Grown over any similar priced Cuban. No question.

On the flip side - there are a lot of Cubans I really enjoy. Partagas Series D #4 is a sub $10 stick that I very much like. I also like some of the regional offerings and try to pick up a box when I travel. It helps me ‘go back’ when I choose to smoke an Italian regional or one from France.

Cubans also have a lot of smaller offerings - small ring gauge and quicker smokes. Also the unavailability in the US gives them a little more allure. IMO.

It’s also good to point out - there are more fake Cubans sold than there are real ones. If you’re on vacation anywhere in Mexico, the Caribbean or similar destinations - you’re buying fake sticks if you aren’t shopping at a LCDH. Buyer beware.

As Lemon has suggested - do not, under any circumstance, smoke a cigar on an empty stomach. You’ll get what I call ‘bubble gut’ and it will totally ruin your experience. Pick a smaller cigar first as the nicotine could really hit you (or not). Take the time to slowly puff - once a minute or two and slowly exhale. Relax and enjoy!

That's good advice. I never really like cigars until a few years ago when I got dragged to a shop. The shop owner picked out a mild cigar for me and I really enjoyed it. I believe it was an Avo Classic. Then I just kept talking to him and let him know what I liked and what I didn't and he kept making recommendations whenever I went in. I prefer a medium to full cigar now (especially with a maduro wrapper), but I built up to that.

I think the other factor was being older and willing to spend a little bit of money instead of just buying the cheapest thing in the store

That's good advice. I never really like cigars until a few years ago when I got dragged to a shop. The shop owner picked out a mild cigar for me and I really enjoyed it. I believe it was an Avo Classic. Then I just kept talking to him and let him know what I liked and what I didn't and he kept making recommendations whenever I went in. I prefer a medium to full cigar now (especially with a maduro wrapper), but I built up to that.

I think the other factor was being older and willing to spend a little bit of money instead of just buying the cheapest thing in the store

Yeah it is the same with wine. Most of my friends don't like wine but that is because every time they buy wine or go to some low brow party the host buys Naked Grape or some other super cheap wine.

In the US you can still buy good wine for 10-15 however in Canada you really need to spend 20-25 to get a decent bottle. The sad thing is we have some amazing wine here in BC that IMHO rivals anywhere else in the world.

@AceFour Hey, I see Apex Cigar Lounge closes at 10pm tonight. Do they typically stay open later than that on a Sat night? I have to pick up my daughter in New Hill at midnight after she finishes her shift. I might head that way and have some smokes.

A nice Zino Platinum Double Grande this nice morning. Had this in my humidor for the last 6 years or so. Great cigar.
rps20180617_091406_589.jpg

rps20180617_102407_288.jpg

Down to the nub. Excellent!

Last edited:
@AceFour Hey, I see Apex Cigar Lounge closes at 10pm tonight. Do they typically stay open later than that on a Sat night? I have to pick up my daughter in New Hill at midnight after she finishes her shift. I might head that way and have some smokes.

ahhh man, sorry I just saw this message. They do tend to close at 10pm but you can always hang out on the front or back porch after they close up. Many do. The super late night is Thursday night due to the poker tournament. Usually doesn't close up until midnight.

ahhh man, sorry I just saw this message. They do tend to close at 10pm but you can always hang out on the front or back porch after they close up. Many do. The super late night is Thursday night due to the poker tournament. Usually doesn't close up until midnight.

No worries. Turned out I didn't get to leave early enough to get there. I'll keep in mind for next time.

A Rocky Patel Fifteenth Anniversary Cigar on my deck. Getting ready for tonight's game outside.
Pretty nice.
rps20180623_111608_727.jpg

noob question: are all rocky patel cigars pretty good?

I get overwhelmed by so many options ...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom