PCF Cigars (6 Viewers)

I believe they were better since around that time. My buddy had been aging these for 3 years. It was very good, but didn't seem as strong. Cigars have changed quite a bit since then. Lots of better stuff today that's less expensive, IMO.

My 1st cigar was a Cuban. Way too strong for me then, but I shared it with a lovely lady.

One of my current favorites that I used to get from capital cigars was Headley Grange by Crowned Heads. I’m not sure if Oscar at virgin has them but i can’t seem to find them up here. Pick some up and I’ll trade you with some of my Cubans. I smoke medium bodied most of the time. I have some HU Half Coronas for trade.

One of my current favorites that I used to get from capital cigars was Headley Grange by Crowned Heads. I’m not sure if Oscar at virgin has them but i can’t seem to find them up here. Pick some up and I’ll trade you with some of my Cubans. I smoke medium bodied most of the time. I have some HU Half Coronas for trade.
Apex Cigar Lounge carries them and had an event with Crown Heads earlier this year. La Carema Reserva was fantastic.

Some of this week's cigars. I've had a few more with no pictures. Love vacation smoking!
20180725_212735.jpg
20180723_195528.jpg

I’m no Egbert, but aren’t you supposed to remove the labels before smoking?
I remove them once the burn line approaches the label. Others remove before lighting. It matters not, unless the glue from the label is on the cigar, and you risk tearing the wrapper.

@CraigT78 what light, mild cigar are going to bring me to smoke with you in MN? Dude........I'm fucking excited to hang out with you!

General Teams With A.J. Fernandez On Punch Diablo
punch-diablo-2-1600.jpg

A new Punch will debut at next month’s trade show, and it marks several firsts: It will be the first Punch from brand owner General Cigar made outside of Honduras, and it’s being called the strongest cigar ever from that venerable brand, which has been made since the 1960s.
Punch Diablo is being rolled in Nicaragua by A.J. Fernandez, a cigarmaker known for making strong smokes. “When it came time to create the blend for Diablo, we decided that we wanted to make the fullest-bodied Punch to date,” said Ed Lahmann, senior brand manager for Punch.

Punch Diablo Scamp, one of the brand's three sizes, measures 6 1/8 inches by 50 ring gauge.

Fernandez made the cigar from a four-country blend of tobaccos. The wrapper is from Ecuador, a Sumatra-seed leaf General is calling oscuro. Another dark leaf was used for the binder—broadleaf from the Connecticut River Valley outside of Hartford. The filler is a mix of Nicaraguan and Honduran leaves grown from Cuban seed.
General said the cigar would be medium-full to full in body.

Punch Diablo is wrapped in a Sumatra-seed leaf from Ecuador that General is calling oscuro.

The promised power level and the vitola names all match with the Diablo brand name—Diablo is the Spanish word for devil. Punch Diablo comes in three sizes. Scamp measures 6 1/8 inches by 50 ring gauge and has a suggested retail of $7.19; Diabolus is 5 1/4 by 54 and sells for $7.79, and Brute is a 6 1/4 by 60 smoke with an $8.19 price tag.

When I smoked cigars 15 ish years ago I picked them up from the local cigar shop. I would usually grab a random five dollar cigar lol.

I liked everything about the description of #2 except for the repeated references to "hay" There are still notes of nuts, hay, cocoa, coffee, and a bit of spice. Everything else falls into my wheel house.

Apparently I don't have it narrowed down lol.

You know he’s just going to change his mind halfway through the first one and want the second one and then change his mind and want the third one LOL like it’s his mixed set :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom