PCF Cigars (9 Viewers)

CraigT78

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
PCF has a wiskey thread, a beer thread, a movie thread, and a food thread. So how about a cigar thread? So I ask you PCF, what are you smoking?

A Dirty Rat after a long morning of yard work.
FB_IMG_1471197518871.jpg

rps20160814_124035_403.jpg
I had this new Davidoff in West Palm Beach Florida while visiting my Uncle. Never had one before and it was a $20 stick. Was somewhat disappointed in it though. It kept going out and I had to re-light it more then I wanted to. Just didn't think a $20 should be that way. I would not buy it again for the price.

View attachment 52387 I had this new Davidoff in West Palm Beach Florida while visiting my Uncle. Never had one before and it was a $20 stick. Was somewhat disappointed in it though. It kept going out and I had to re-light it more then I wanted to. Just didn't think a $20 should be that way. I would not buy it again for the price.
I don't know how often you smoke cigars Kyle, but if you had to frequently relight it, it was likely "wet". Most cigar shops keep their humidity higher than 70% rh. A cigar is best smoked below 70%. I personally keep mine at 69% for storage and dry box a few a week to smoke. I've found that most cigars right out of a shop are not as good as they are with a few weeks rest in my humidor.

I don't know how often you smoke cigars Kyle, but if you had to frequently relight it, it was likely "wet". Most cigar shops keep their humidity higher than 70% rh. A cigar is best smoked below 70%. I personally keep mine at 69% for storage and dry box a few a week to smoke. I've found that most cigars right out of a shop are not as good as they are with a few weeks rest in my humidor.

I keep my cigars the same in my humidor also. I smoke 1-3 a week during the summer time.

Yeah this cigar was smoked the same day I bought it at the shop. It seemed fine to me or nothing out of the ordinary when I bought it.

I never had a Davidoff before and I figured I would treat myself. Plus in Florida it is very humid to begin with. I bought one for my Uncle also and he was having the same problem. He smokes 2-3 cigars a day.

View attachment 52387 I had this new Davidoff in West Palm Beach Florida while visiting my Uncle. Never had one before and it was a $20 stick. Was somewhat disappointed in it though. It kept going out and I had to re-light it more then I wanted to. Just didn't think a $20 should be that way. I would not buy it again for the price.
I had the same experience with an Opus X of couple of years ago in Destin.

I use to try a bunch of different mail order stogies between 3-5 yrs ago when smoked almost daily, and now I only get smoke about 3-4x a month so I mainly just stick drew estates liga series, No 9's and T 52's mainly. I have had the Nubs in several different varieties and they are a darn good smoke for the money. however I do keep some diesels on hand for a yard smoke.

if I'm feelin for something a little different I'll have a Natural Dirt, or something along those lines too......not very often though

I'll see if I can find some pics

My father in law has tried to get me into cigars on several occasions.

The closest I came to enjoying a cigar was a Montescristo Sublimes 2008 Ltd edition

montecristo-sublime-b.jpg

I just don't 'get' cigar smoking. I don't have the palette to appreciate them. Maybe because I was a cigarette smoker for so long!

elJefeInchIn.jpg

Smoke these a lot. $8/stick - 2 hr smoke. Perfect size for watching a movie.

I smoke a lot and like to change it up. My staples also include: AJ Fernandez - New World $5/stick, San Lotano Habano $10/stick (solid- ovals are even better, but cost a little more), Enclave $7 and anything made by Don Pepin.

I find great deals online to supplement my cigar shop buys. Just got 25 each of these for $120, which would cost $430 in the shop.

perdomo-habano-maduro-1b.jpg
601-steel-web.jpg

If anybody wants this deal (you can order fewer, but you get $30 off when you hit $145) send me a PM.

elJefeInchIn.jpg

Smoke these a lot. $8/stick - 2 hr smoke. Perfect size for watching a movie.

I smoke a lot and like to change it up. My staples also include: AJ Fernandez - New World $5/stick, San Lotano Habano $10/stick (solid- ovals are even better, but cost a little more), Enclave $7 and anything made by Don Pepin.

I find great deals online to supplement my cigar shop buys. Just got 25 each of these for $120, which would cost $430 in the shop.

perdomo-habano-maduro-1b.jpg
601-steel-web.jpg

If anybody wants this deal (you can order fewer, but you get $30 off when you hit $145) send me a PM.
Perdomo makes a damn good cigar for the money

Might have to try that 601...... I use to order their Maduro blue label by the box before they took almost a 100% jump in price about 3 yrs ago

I had the same experience with an Opus X of couple of years ago in Destin.

I use to try a bunch of different mail order stogies between 3-5 yrs ago when smoked almost daily, and now I only get smoke about 3-4x a month so I mainly just stick drew estates liga series, No 9's and T 52's mainly. I have had the Nubs in several different varieties and they are a darn good smoke for the money. however I do keep some diesels on hand for a yard smoke.

if I'm feelin for something a little different I'll have a Natural Dirt, or something along those lines too......not very often though

I'll see if I can find some pics
I'd be pissed to get a bad Opus X. I have a handful that I am aging in the wineador now. The Liga 9 is probably one of my favorite smokes, I am half way through a box I picked up late last year. Another one I really enjoy is the La Historia by EP Carillo.

Lately it has been the Enclave, Acme, Oliva and I have 4 Fuente Anejos left (my favorite).

I haven't smoked a cigar in at least five years but I was always partial to the ACID brand. Wouldn't mind picking up another one of these days.
When playing cards I prefer to chew on the thin Acids that come in a metal tin. I've smoked a couple regular sticks before & they're not bad, but I prefer others for smoking.

Two cigar questions for y'all...

1) If looking for a just a nice, smooth smoke, what's you're go-to stick? Nothing harsh, nothing crazy...just nice n' smooth n' easy.

2) The first time I went to Vegas after I turned 21 I hit a $60 "jackpot" on a nickle machine in Bally's, then went right to the cigar shop, got my self a vanilla cigar, and plopped myself down in the Keno lounge with that & a pina colada thinking I just hit it big (in truth, I've never played the slots again). Since then I've always enjoyed vanilla cigars. Many folks shun the flavored cigars, but if you had to recommend one, what would be your favorite vanilla-flavored stick?

Too hot outside, so I came to the cigar shop to work. They have Ashton VSGs here.

You still havent played the game at the cigar shop?.....good people...and their cash game is going strong...2 tables every weekend....I miss that game. for the tourneys at the cigar shop they use 98 JBs...and for the cashgame...they bought my high roller set (i've tried countless times to buy them back...)

I used to smoke about 2-3 cigars a day...cut down to about 1-2/year now. I like Headley Grange, Tatuaje, and when i have money Ashton VSGs and anniversarys

You still havent played the game at the cigar shop?.....good people...and their cash game is going strong...2 tables every weekend....I miss that game. for the tourneys at the cigar shop they use 98 JBs...and for the cashgame...they bought my high roller set (i've tried countless times to buy them back...)

I used to smoke about 2-3 cigars a day...cut down to about 1-2/year now. I like Headley Grange, Tatuaje, and when i have money Ashton VSGs and anniversarys

I'm at a different shop (selection not so great). Couple of dudes at that other shop who come in every day are just too much for me. One is so loud, there's no way to work.

I'm hosting here and there at this other shop, playing Sat actually.

I didn't know about the cash games on the weekend though. Is it juicy? What are the blinds and buy in?

Two cigar questions for y'all...

1) If looking for a just a nice, smooth smoke, what's you're go-to stick? Nothing harsh, nothing crazy...just nice n' smooth n' easy.

2) The first time I went to Vegas after I turned 21 I hit a $60 "jackpot" on a nickle machine in Bally's, then went right to the cigar shop, got my self a vanilla cigar, and plopped myself down in the Keno lounge with that & a pina colada thinking I just hit it big (in truth, I've never played the slots again). Since then I've always enjoyed vanilla cigars. Many folks shun the flavored cigars, but if you had to recommend one, what would be your favorite vanilla-flavored stick?

1) Drew Estate Undercrown Shade is my current non harsh, non crazy go to smoke. It's perfect for a Saturday morning on the porch with a cup of coffee. It's a more mild bodied smoke that still has some complexity to it.

2) Check out CAO flavors. They have a Bella Vanilla flavor, as well as a Moontrance flavor that was more on the Vanilla side. I don't like many flavored cigars, but the CAO line is good enough to suffer through.

1) Drew Estate Undercrown Shade is my current non harsh, non crazy go to smoke. It's perfect for a Saturday morning on the porch with a cup of coffee. It's a more mild bodied smoke that still has some complexity to it.
That sounds about right. I haven't found a Drew Estate stick that I've disliked yet, so I'll give this one a go sometime. Thanks!

I'm at a different shop (selection not so great). Couple of dudes at that other shop who come in every day are just too much for me. One is so loud, there's no way to work.

I'm hosting here and there at this other shop, playing Sat actually.

I didn't know about the cash games on the weekend though. Is it juicy? What are the blinds and buy in?

Which shop you at?..

before i moved..the cash game was still 0.25/0.50 blinds..and total pot for the night would be around $1200

i heard now its the same blinds, but pot for the night is around $2000...they started having to use the $20s denom chips...

the people that are loud at the cigar shop are regulars there every day..they dont usually play cards though...but the game is really fun...i became really good friends with most of them and there's such a crazy range of characters there..Buisiness executives, doctors, preachers, gay antique dealer, OMCs, potheads, ages 18-80......its more social and fun than anything else. you dont go there to play and just grind it out with headphones on...you go and chill with some cool people, talk sports, smoke some stoges..drink some scotch...and just hang out....for me..thats the kind of game i'm looking for

Hell yeah! Look at what I received today from @CraigT78 . Just awesome.

I purchased his sample sets and he threw in these awesome cigars for me to enjoy!

Very cool of him to do this and unexpected but I do appreciate them all very much and will be properly stored in my humidor. These will also be smoked when the time is right.

Thank you again Craig!

Below you will see the following cigars.
The two white bands are Cuban cigars.

A Liga Privada a by Drew Estate

A New World by A J Fernandez

A Fuente which is one of my favorite cigars to smoke!(y) :thumbsup:

rps20160816_135624_701.jpg

Which shop you at?..

before i moved..the cash game was still 0.25/0.50 blinds..and total pot for the night would be around $1200

i heard now its the same blinds, but pot for the night is around $2000...they started having to use the $20s denom chips...

the people that are loud at the cigar shop are regulars there every day..they dont usually play cards though...but the game is really fun...i became really good friends with most of them and there's such a crazy range of characters there..Buisiness executives, doctors, preachers, gay antique dealer, OMCs, potheads, ages 18-80......its more social and fun than anything else. you dont go there to play and just grind it out with headphones on...you go and chill with some cool people, talk sports, smoke some stoges..drink some scotch...and just hang out....for me..thats the kind of game i'm looking for
This sounds like the place to be. My kind of place. Awesome!(y) :thumbsup:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom