PCF Cigars (10 Viewers)

noob question: are all rocky patel cigars pretty good?

I get overwhelmed by so many options ...
I am actually not a big fan of them but I do not dislike them. I just had a sampler in my humidor from years past. This 15th Anniversary cigar is decent though.

I like Fuentes as my go to cigar.

Quad Johnson was the store manager of a liquor and fine cigar shop for a number of years before changing careers.

My personal favorite, after taking product knowledge classes and cigar sample meet ups, was anything from the Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 Gold line. Particularly the torpedo.

carlosToranoExodus50YearsHeader.jpg

Last edited:
20180624_143613.jpg
20180624_145258.jpg

Got in a big Punch Puro driving around Mt Rainier with a soccer off day from the tournament. Gorgeous day, high 83, clear Carolina blue skies and really enjoyed the break from the high humidity we've been having in NC.

This is the one I got last December and decided to open the coffin and put a stake in it. Man what a great smoke!

Attachments

• IMG_20180624_161403_440.jpg
    IMG_20180624_161403_440.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 145
View attachment 183416 View attachment 183417

Got in a big Punch Puro driving around Mt Rainier with a soccer off day from the tournament. Gorgeous day, high 83, clear Carolina blue skies and really enjoyed the break from the high humidity we've been having in NC.

I was going to ping you to see if you wanted to play Apex Cigar Lounge tourney tonight since Lucks7Shadow is coming out to play but it look like you are enjoying yourself out west! Have a great trip!

I was going to ping you to see if you wanted to play Apex Cigar Lounge tourney tonight since Lucks7Shadow is coming out to play but it look like you are enjoying yourself out west! Have a great trip!

Yo!...i'll be in town in 2 weeks...i wanna hit up a game. I used to play at Cap City Cigars...did Virgin start their game up?

Yo!...i'll be in town in 2 weeks...i wanna hit up a game. I used to play at Cap City Cigars...did Virgin start their game up?

I have heard Virgin several times was going to start but as far as I know never did. Apex Cigar Lounge is Thursday and starts around 7:30-8:00. Here is picture of last night's final table with Lucks7Shadow!

Attachments

• IMG_20180628_222441_093.jpg
    IMG_20180628_222441_093.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 137
I have heard Virgin several times was going to start but as far as I know never did. Apex Cigar Lounge is Thursday and starts around 7:30-8:00. Here is picture of last night's final table with Lucks7Shadow!

I see some familar faces...can quite recall names....Who owns apex cigar?...its not Hal and its not the vault right? I know Oscar owns Virgin...

Do you guys play at Carl's Cash game?...we were regulars at Capital CIty before they closed

I see some familar faces...can quite recall names....Who owns apex cigar?...its not Hal and its not the vault right? I know Oscar owns Virgin...

Do you guys play at Carl's Cash game?...we were regulars at Capital CIty before they closed

Hal is retired. His cousin Jeff runs ACL. And you are correct that Oscar is Virgin. All separate companies and no connection to Capital/Empire Cigars.

Yes, I think I joined Douchewoods "Carl's Game" after you moved. Many of the same characters play often. Give Carl a shout when you are in town. We either have a game up in North Raleigh or South Wake on weekends. Summer is goofy and isn't so regular with folks doing their summer vacations.

Hal is retired. His cousin Jeff runs ACL. And you are correct that Oscar is Virgin. All separate companies and no connection to Capital/Empire Cigars.

Yes, I think I joined Douchewoods "Carl's Game" after you moved. Many of the same characters play often. Give Carl a shout when you are in town. We either have a game up in North Raleigh or South Wake on weekends. Summer is goofy and isn't so regular with folks doing their summer vacations.

so you came after i moved?....man that was such a fun game...it was the most random collection of people, but always good times. Do you guys use that BCC High Roller Set still?>..Those are my chips i regret selling to Carl. I want those back. Next time you play, tell them Shin said hi

Yep! BCC High Rollers are still playing! I never see those go up for sale except $100s a month or so ago. Great chips. I will let him know.

Tat M80 while I dick around with my kegarator to convert it to game brew taps

20180706_230012.jpg

Not profitable but a fun night and exciting action.

Attachments

• 20180707_194207.jpg
    20180707_194207.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 142
Needed this after a long weekend of buying a car for my triplets birthday.

37206069_10211955595537823_8650117645141540864_n.jpg

My first cigar ever was an opus x. I used to smoke nat Sherman cigarettes and I was looking into cigars. A customer at the tobacco shop said “try this” and handed me an opus x from his humidor he brought. I smoked it on an empty stomach and it was rich and spicy and full bodied, but I didn’t get the bubble guts. That was in 2001. I loved opus x’s from then but I heard as they became more popular they started using different/cheaper filler and binder. People say they aren’t as good as pre-2006. I haven’t had one since. Are they still as good as they used to be?

My first cigar ever was an opus x. I used to smoke nat Sherman cigarettes and I was looking into cigars. A customer at the tobacco shop said “try this” and handed me an opus x from his humidor he brought. I smoked it on an empty stomach and it was rich and spicy and full bodied, but I didn’t get the bubble guts. That was in 2001. I loved opus x’s from then but I heard as they became more popular they started using different/cheaper filler and binder. People say they aren’t as good as pre-2006. I haven’t had one since. Are they still as good as they used to be?

I believe they were better since around that time. My buddy had been aging these for 3 years. It was very good, but didn't seem as strong. Cigars have changed quite a bit since then. Lots of better stuff today that's less expensive, IMO.

My 1st cigar was a Cuban. Way too strong for me then, but I shared it with a lovely lady.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom