PCF Cigars (12 Viewers)

Walking the streets of Paris.
20180313_200119.jpg

Ah yes, Scottie's! I'm usually hanging out down that street at Apex Cigar Lounge. You should swing by on the Thursday and do the tournament sometime.

Hey Aficionados,

I am heading to Vegas in a few weeks from Canada. It is always a hassle travelling with cigars. Are there any recommended shops on or around the strip. My preference would be slightly off strip to avoid getting gouged. I will probably be buying cigars for some of my friends so something modestly priced would be great. Let me know.

-Perry

Hey Aficionados,

I am heading to Vegas in a few weeks from Canada. It is always a hassle travelling with cigars. Are there any recommended shops on or around the strip. My preference would be slightly off strip to avoid getting gouged. I will probably be buying cigars for some of my friends so something modestly priced would be great. Let me know.

-Perry
Following for August when I'm there. I wouldn't mind a nice cigar or two!

Hey Aficionados,

-Perry

Following for August when I'm there. I wouldn't mind a nice cigar or two!

Casa Fuente is the go-to cigar shop/lounge in Vegas. It’s in the shops at Caesar’s. I wouldn’t say you’d be gouged as the prices are similar to what I find in local shops, but it’s vegas and the place is amazing. They have a lot of hard to find Fuente and Ashton sticks, and also a great house cigar (casa Fuente) that would be good for friends. Also recommend the Fuente 8-5-8 for any poker night or a hand out to a non cigar smoker. Cheap enough to throw out after the first 1/3 and good enough that I’ll smoke the whole damn thing. Also get a spicy lover - you won’t be disappointed.

Casa Fuente is the go-to cigar shop/lounge in Vegas. It’s in the shops at Caesar’s. I wouldn’t say you’d be gouged as the prices are similar to what I find in local shops, but it’s vegas and the place is amazing. They have a lot of hard to find Fuente and Ashton sticks, and also a great house cigar (casa Fuente) that would be good for friends. Also recommend the Fuente 8-5-8 for any poker night or a hand out to a non cigar smoker. Cheap enough to throw out after the first 1/3 and good enough that I’ll smoke the whole damn thing. Also get a spicy lover - you won’t be disappointed.

Thanks a bunch Craig...this is exactly what I need... a reasonably priced cigar for non smokers that I can grab a dozen of.

Thanks a bunch Craig...this is exactly what I need... a reasonably priced cigar for non smokers that I can grab a dozen of.
Casa Fuente is my favorite place in Vegas but it does not qualify as cheap. There is an En Fuego up on Sahara if you want a normal cigar shop.

Casa Fuente is my favorite place in Vegas but it does not qualify as cheap. There is an En Fuego up on Sahara if you want a normal cigar shop.

ok thanks. maybe best to stock up there. Maybe just hit CF as an experience.

Went with a classic today for beers by the pool.
20180506_143028.jpg

There is a Cuban coffee named Montecristo, which is supposedly blended specifically to go with Montecristo cigars. Has anyone ever tried the combination?

There is a Cuban coffee named Montecristo, which is supposedly blended specifically to go with Montecristo cigars. Has anyone ever tried the combination?
I have not tried this combo, but I have tried Fuente coffee and I'd recommend it.

I've never smoked a cigar, what's the effect that makes it so desirable?

The experience. For me a cigar is 1.5 hours of pure relaxation. I'm not a daily cigar smoker - maybe 1-2 a week. I smoke alone and I enjoy the flavor nuances. I smoke with friends and I have 'solve the world' conversations. I smoke at poker and I get better cards. Some of my most fond memories involve a cigar.

they taste great. you are not inhaling...just puffing on flavour.

also relaxing and great social experience

So u just suck and blow

well kinda puff. cigarette smokers do a deep inhale bringing some into the lungs.

cigars are just puffed on. a short suck bringing smoke in the mouth then let it out. you can keep it in your mouth as long as you like but generally its let out fast.

just my 2c and how i do it.

well kinda puff. cigarette smokers do a deep inhale bringing some into the lungs.

cigars are just puffed on. a short suck bringing smoke in the mouth then let it out. you can keep it in your mouth as long as you like but generally its let out fast.

just my 2c and how i do it.
Surprising they cost so much for no effect, I'll have to try, any recommendations for a first timer

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom