PCF Car Pr0n - Cool cars you have / had / want! (3 Viewers)

Papigo-14-1202x800.jpg

:D

I've never understood, wouldn't it have been quicker and simpler just to make a straight line?
Probably, with a truckload of more money (that has never been there), and probably raping the landscape. Still the gradients woulnd't really be acceptable, especially for a road that freezes 3 months out of 12.

And there would be no proving ground for true drivers and true cars (as opposed to 2-ton floating living rooms) :)

Probably, with a truckload of more money (that has never been there), and probably raping the landscape. Still the gradients woulnd't really be acceptable, especially for a road that freezes 3 months out of 12.

And there would be no proving ground for true drivers and true cars (as opposed to 2-ton floating living rooms) :)
Is this like the mountain top they drifted on on 2 fast 2 furious?

To my knowledge it has never been included as a "special stage" in a tarmac rally race.
Probably because it's quite busy with mountain tourism all year-round and because it leads to "nowhere"*, so the whole column of race cars would have to U-turn in the end and drive back to the start, to find a route to another special stage.

For amateur "spirited" driving it's still not ideal, 'cause it's pretty narrow and doesn't offer enough visibility most of the time. You can never be sure that the road is "all yours".

* Nowhere is the village of Papingo
Papingo.jpg

@lateapex and @mattross1313 isn't your left foot itching you for the brake (in 4WD rally race replicas like the Evo), upon seeing such a road? :)
(for outsiders: their right foot is supposed to be on the gas pedal anyway):LOL: :laugh:

@lateapex: I 've only done the Timmelsjoch (Passo del Rombo) when it comes to alpine pass roads, between Austria and Italy
Timmelsjoch_04.jpg

@lateapex and @mattross1313 isn't your left foot itching you for the brake (in 4WD rally race replicas like the Evo), upon seeing such a road? :)
(for outsiders: their right foot is supposed to be on the gas pedal anyway):LOL: :laugh:

@lateapex: I 've only done the Timmelsjoch (Passo del Rombo) when it comes to alpine pass roads, between Austria and Italy
View attachment 504991
With the Evo given 4WD, the back would never step out so won’t get any help turning in, maybe with an E30 M3 or E30 325 or supercharged Miata ;)
Nice pass, great visibility through the corners so you can punch it more.

With the Evo given 4WD, the back would never step out so won’t get any help turning in, maybe with an E30 M3 or E30 325 or supercharged Miata ;)
I obviously haven't driven an Evo, but I thought that was the only way to make the tail step out, while doing so in a powerful RWD is a lot easier, if you want it to.
You 'd never want to do that in a 911 though; it already has lots of grip, but when the latter runs out, it's much harder to control the car sideways, because of its very short wheelbase.
What you generally do in a 911 is not to finish braking before the turn-in, but rather continue braking degressively into the turn (the only vehicle in the world to allow or even demand this nowadays, being back-heavy).
That should make the tail just slightly open its course and should align the front to the next straight, by the apex.

....What you generally do in a 911 is not to finish braking before the turn-in, but rather continue braking degressively into the turn (the only vehicle in the world to allow or even demand this nowadays, being back-heavy)....

That's called trail-braking. And you can induce that rear-heavy behavior in many cars by early application of the throttle. :cool

I obviously haven't driven an Evo, but I thought that was the only way to make the tail step out, while doing so in a powerful RWD is a lot easier, if you want it to.
You 'd never want to do that in a 911 though; it already has lots of grip, but when the latter runs out, it's much harder to control the car sideways, because of its very short wheelbase.
What you generally do in a 911 is not to finish braking before the turn-in, but rather continue braking degressively into the turn (the only vehicle in the world to allow or even demand this nowadays, being back-heavy).
That should make the tail just slightly open its course and should align the front to the next straight, by the apex.
Yes 4WD also pushes into corners similar to FWD. though have not driven more modern ones with computers actively managing each of the wheels depending on speed and the steering input you are giving.

OK, if I could have anything? 1966 AC Cobra 427 (Shelby)
The ultimate bad boy machine
View attachment 504822
Unfortunately it's just a pipe dream.
Only 260 427 AC Cobras were built as street models, powered by either a 425-hp 427 V8 or a 360-hp 428 Police Interceptor unit.
If you could find one at auction you would need at least $1,000,000 to raise your hand
Saw one sell at auction recently for $960,000. Just saved you a few bucks.;)

:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
That's a great looking ribbon of asphalt! The only MR2 would love a spirited drive up there! (I say up, as the brakes weren't the best on my old one and doubt they would make it half way down!).

Another similar one would be Stelvio Pass in Italy. A fave of Clarkson and the boys for Top Gear features. And Alfa Romeo just named one of their car models Stelvio too!
View attachment 504989
Yessir! The Selvio is a wonderful road! It is however a cautious drive due to many cyclists, walkers and some odd looking roller-skis o_O
Your pic above was our route back down off the mountain - the hairpins at the top were pretty wild to drive. As Hammond said during their Top Gear film, if you fall off there you have time to ring your insurance company on the way down :nailbite: Our ascent on the other side of the peak was spectacular!

IMG_4443.JPG

Also this pic always make me chuckle. This was the sat nav as we approached from the far reaches of the picture above.

IMG_4420.JPG

Got cold near the top too!!
IMG_4434.JPG

OK, if I could have anything? 1966 AC Cobra 427 (Shelby)
The ultimate bad boy machine
View attachment 504822
Unfortunately it's just a pipe dream.
Only 260 427 AC Cobras were built as street models, powered by either a 425-hp 427 V8 or a 360-hp 428 Police Interceptor unit.
If you could find one at auction you would need at least $1,000,000 to raise your hand
The one pictured is a Superformance reproduction. Maybe not an original, but awesome nonetheless, and the savings of $900,000 can go towards some spare supercars.

The one pictured is a Superformance reproduction. Maybe not an original, but awesome nonetheless, and the savings of $900,000 can go towards some spare supercars.
Agreed. As much as I lusted over Cobras as a kid, some of the repros are much nicer vehicles.... and available at a much lower cost.

I really enjoyed looking through this thread and seeing everyone’s cars. Clearly Changster approaches cars like he does chips lol

Here’s the car I drove for 10 years. Other than tires, oil and a new water pump the car was extremely reliable and fun to drive
A3DCC6B9-95A0-442E-A932-8965A29C438B.jpeg

this is the car I bought a while back.
6F32D5A7-2EAE-4C21-939E-49BED9913CFF.jpeg

Hey Folks,

I'm a huge petrolhead (or I believe gearhead is a more popular term in the US).
There must be some cool cars you have out there, let's see some pics! Been out to the US a few times and there was always heaps of cool cars cruising around.

My wife & I used to run a local Japanese Car Club, so have had our share of fast motors, I'll try and dig through the archives and look for old pictures - Supra's, Evo's, Zed's, MR2's etc.

Here are my most recent 2 Nissan's. Sadly the Nismo had to go to fund our new dining room :(

View attachment 482014View attachment 482015
Well hey, took me a long time to find this thread. Love the Z cars! Let me see if I can get my son @alecnetwoodworks to post up some pics of his 280Z that he has owned since high school. I haven't owned a Z yet, but I have had a 89 Supra (n/a) a 69 Mercury Cougar (351W) a Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V and an Audi A5. My love for cars started off with this beauty, a 72 Firebird purchased my junior year in HS, 1975. You can tell this pic was taken in the 70s by that rockin' hair style I'm sporting!

72 Firebird.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom