PCF Car Pr0n - Cool cars you have / had / want! (2 Viewers)

Haven't posted the car that inspired my chip set, a 2009 Stryker Blue Pontic G8 GT. I've had her for 11 years now and has about 32k miles on it. Since then I added another one, Liquid Red, to the garage, which has 75k miles on it and is my DD. Love having massive HP/TQ, but still am able to fit the whole family.

G29_Large_IMG_2229.jpg
Drag Strip No License Plate.jpg
67.JPG
(49).JPG
20150807_220824.jpg

IMAG0206 No Plate.jpg

Last car was a 2007 Wrangler. Got it the year they came out, she was pretty basic but so much fun Finally hit 200K last year and decided it was time.
View attachment 543396

After hunting around a bit for one with low miles, I found this beauty from 2012, the last year before they changed the lines and one of my favorite body styles.
View attachment 543397
I love this car so much and for how big it is (I need a ladder to clean the roof!) it’s a damn rocket. I was going to keep the dog in the back and even made it nice for her. Needless to say those bars are down and she has the whole middle seat these days!
View attachment 543395

And my dream car would be a Defender. Preferably blue, but I won’t discriminate against other options. But something like one of these:View attachment 543401
Always loved that body style too. My buddy owned one and had an insane amount of problems with it which always sadly kept me away from buying one. Sweet rides

Haha love it, looks amazing how much do these go for? Is this the 2020 model?
This is a 2019, exactly the same as the 2020. They start at 80k and go up fast with options. Most of these are in the sedan style, but I liked the coupe better.

I can see why, coupe looks much nicer IMO too, but how is the reliability and such? I've always thought about getting a Benz but hear the reliability is awful, how have you found it?

I can see why, coupe looks much nicer IMO too, but how is the reliability and such? I've always thought about getting a Benz but hear the reliability is awful, how have you found it?
It's not that the high end German cars are unreliable, so much as that they are over engineered to such tight tolerances that they require more maintenance. And because the cars are expensive and the parts are so highly engineered (and also expensive), the mechanics who can work on them can charge a lot more than a Chevy or Ford mechanic. High performance generally comes at a price, especially very refined high performance. Would you expect to drive a Grand Prix or Indy race car for 20,000 miles doing nothing but changing the oil? Same principle.

Most Benz amgs are hand built engines and are known to be some of the most reliable. I had zero problems with the E55 I used to own. I regret selling and am looking for another

I think Mercedes is around the middle of the pack when it comes to reliability. I’ve had no issues so far, but I probably won’t keep it too long after the warranty expires. :LOL: :laugh:

All racing cars are full-time "broken down" in civilian terms; the mechanics are taking care of them every moment of their life.
It's very, very tough to build a sports or very high performance car for civilian use, the latter meaning, inter alia, ridiculously low maintenance (by racing standards).
IMHO, only Porsche has been able to maximise performance for civilian cars while maintaining proverbial reliability.
Ferraris can be a nightmare maintenance-wise.
Mercedes has had serious quality control issues in the past, resulting in the firing of all people in managerial posts; the issues have now supposedly been fixed.

Looking to get a new/newer car some time next year and for the first time in my life I have the money to get something that isn't just 'this is how I get to work and back home from work', but nothing in the market really speaks to me.

Hoping to find some inspiration in this thread.

It's not that the high end German cars are unreliable, so much as that they are over engineered to such tight tolerances that they require more maintenance. And because the cars are expensive and the parts are so highly engineered (and also expensive), the mechanics who can work on them can charge a lot more than a Chevy or Ford mechanic. High performance generally comes at a price, especially very refined high performance. Would you expect to drive a Grand Prix or Indy race car for 20,000 miles doing nothing but changing the oil? Same principle.
Great explanation thanks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom