PCF Car Pr0n - Cool cars you have / had / want! (1 Viewer)

Here's a white car that could seduce Larry :)

I got Porsches out of my system back in the 356C days, and confirmed that decision back when I had a Boxster. Plus they're a dime a dozen down here in Florida.

We have one guy in our tennis club whose daily drivers are a Ferrari and two (2!) McLarens. I'm aiming a little lower ... like a purchase price lower than his monthly maintenance budget.:cool

Last edited:
Still, driving a 911 and adapting to its twists and vices is very rewarding. Only vehicle on Earth in which you continue braking (degressively) into a corner.

If that means what we call trail-braking, every competitive driver I know of does it into every tight corner at the end of a straight. If you don't, you're getting on the power too late for maximum exit speed.

If that means what we call trail-braking, every competitive driver I know of does it into every tight corner at the end of a straight. If you don't, you're getting on the power too late for maximum exit speed.
Sure, but having all the mass in the rear allows you to do it much more efficiently.

Post-COVID, we need a meet-up at a track. The short course at LeMans would be nice!

Or my old home track, Hockenheim -- but they've changed it so much I'd have to learn it all over again from scratch.

I bought my 911 GTS as a "dealership car" in Germany, only 4 months old, back in 2011 and 9,500km old.
Perfectly broken-in:
They had forgotten to clear the destinations in the Navigation system: Hockenheimring, Hockenheimring, Hockenheimring:D.

The only downside of that was the front brake discs starting to crack at 30,000km (NOT cheap).

I still drove her on the Nuebrugring Nordschleife and on Spa Francorchamps.

The engine just asked for endless f*ckin, throughout its stay with me, during 9 years.

The smells and sounds of the engine, tyres and the whole car after switching off and cooling off, following a sexy drive on a twisting road, clearly resembled those of a passionate girlfriend, in a break between sex sessions.:)

I bought my 911 GTS as a "dealership car" in Germany, only 4 months old, back in 2011 and 9,500km old.
Perfectly broken-in:
They had forgotten to clear the destinations in the Navigation system: Hockenheimring, Hockenheimring, Hockenheimring:D.....

I still drove her on the Nuebrugring Nordschleife and on Spa Francorchamps.
It's hard to replace a car that has taken you through all that, eh?

I lived about 5km north of Hockenheim in 1967-68, in a town named Schwetzingen. I had my first Alfa then, a 1967 1600 Duetto in pale yellow. Loved that car so much that I sold my red Fiat Dino and brought the Alfa back to the US in 1968 instead -- a dumb move I regret to this day. :confused

I started racing at Hockenheim, running a Renault sedan in a local class. In '67 and early '68, I was able to attend all the European F1 races. Couldn't figure out a way to get to South Africa or the US, though. :cool

I did get to run in a small sedan class at the big 'Ring, and drove Zandvoort (not in a race), but never got to drive at Spa, although it was my favorite F1 track of all.

The only down side of all that was being in the stands at Hockenheim the day my hero, Jim Clark, died, in '68. I didn't have a lot of German, but I will never forget the voice of the track announcer, at the end of the second F2 race that day, telling the crowd that "Clark ist mort."

It was exhilarating, and I've never gotten tired of speed. I kept racing SCCA (Sports Car Club of America, amateur racing) until about 1993, then my new wife convinced me to sell my two Formula Fords, the Group 44 prepared TR8, and the racecar trailer. I've stuck to motorcycles and autocrossing since then for the speed fix. Now I've sold my Aprilia, and there's no autocrossing to speak of down here in Florida. :(

This getting old sucks, but like they say: consider the alternative. :cool

Last edited:
If you can find one at all....

I'm looking at a replacement for my Alfa now, since the lease is up in June. Tremendous suspension, but as good as the ZF 8-speed automatic is, I'm bored to tears driving it.

The pickings are slim. No new manual Alfas, Corvettes, etc. Even manual Miata Clubs with the suspension goodies and no driver aids are very hard to locate.

I'd hate to find the perfect car except for its' being white -- couldn't stand that.

I might actually be forced to buy something porky like a Mustang GT (4000+ pounds for the lightest, really?)

Any suggestions? Light weight, great handling, manual, moderate power (250-300HP is plenty), two excellent seats ( I've had the Alfa for 30 months already, and no one has ever sat in the rear seats yet)?
I think the new Z car coming out sometime this year is supposed to still be available with a manual. And the proto-types look absolutely gorgeous! One hundred times better looking than that monstrosity Toyota calls the new Supra.

https___cdn.cnn.com_cnnnext_dam_assets_200915142641-03-nissan-z-proto.jpg

I think the new Z car coming out sometime this year is supposed to still be available with a manual. And the proto-types look absolutely gorgeous! One hundred times better looking than that monstrosity Toyota calls the new Supra.

View attachment 610790
That looks great but to be fair the Supra prototype was so much better than the final version. Let’s hope the Z comes out like that.

It's hard to replace a car that has taken you through all that, eh?

I lived about 5km north of Hockenheim in 1967-68, in a town named Schwetzingen. I had my first Alfa then, a 1967 1600 Duetto in pale yellow. Loved that car so much that I sold my red Fiat Dino and brought the Alfa back to the US in 1968 instead -- a dumb move I regret to this day. :confused

I started racing at Hockenheim, running a Renault sedan in a local class. In '67 and early '68, I was able to attend all the European F1 races. Couldn't figure out a way to get to South Africa or the US, though. :cool

I did get to run in a small sedan class at the big 'Ring, and drove Zandvoort (not in a race), but never got to drive at Spa, although it was my favorite F1 track of all.

The only down side of all that was being in the stands at Hockenheim the day my hero, Jim Clark, died, in '68. I didn't have a lot of German, but I will never forget the voice of the track announcer, at the end of the second F2 race that day, telling the crowd that "Clark ist mort."

It was exhilarating, and I've never gotten tired of speed. I kept racing SCCA (Sports Car Club of America, amateur racing) until about 1993, then my new wife convinced me to sell my two Formula Fords, the Group 44 prepared TR8, and the racecar trailer. I've stuck to motorcycles and autocrossing since then for the speed fix. Now I've sold my Aprilia, and there's no autocrossing to speak of down here in Florida. :(

This getting old sucks, but like they say: consider the alternative. :cool

Impressive achievements list!:tup: :hearts:

Indeed, I don't even have a car now. Makes me sick to spend even a single penny on some lame crap that claims to belong to the same meaning ("car") as a Porsche.
I used my feet and the subway till the pandemic hit; now I borrowed a really ancient BMW from a good friend who works basically abroad and doesn't need her regularly.

Getting a little older and poorer each year, I decided to switch hobbies, from motorsport and cars to poker and chips.
Not sure it's been a huge improvement either financially or health-wise:LOL: :laugh:

Chris "Monkey" Harris in his 997 GT3 RS just before hibernation (you can't drive that car in winter, unless you live in the Tropics, where is no winter; but no suitable roads or racetracks either, in most cases).

That looks great but to be fair the Supra prototype was so much better than the final version. Let’s hope the Z comes out like that.
Yeah the Supra concept was sooooo good! Although they did a good job on the production release. Similar to the new Z concept, they are OK stock, but need a few mods thrown at them.

I saw this on FaceAche recently - seriously cool! Aerotop Supra's always were the best, and this sits very well.

1610230355814.png

Impressive achievements list!:tup: :hearts:

Thanks, but no achievements at all -- just great experiences.

That's what's so frustrating about the whole COVID thing -- no one is having any great new experiences, except in hospitals -- and it's hard to consider those great. :(

Yes, experiences. That's what life is about.:)

Let's pray to end our lives outside a fuckin hospital.
My poor mother ended there; my dad was lucky to pass away fast.
Interestinglly, a friend of mine, married to a Persian wife, informed me that the word for "hospital" in Farsi is "Bimoristan", meaning "Moribund's place".:LOL: :laugh:
Let's get killed in a Porsche, a-la James Dean:hearts:

Saying goodbye to the Alfa Romeo today, after almost three years -- decided to not buy it. Great engine and handling, just bored to tears without a manual transmission.

Replacement choices are limited, and Boxsters (718 or GTS) are a dime-a-dozen in our neighborhood. My new knee won't let me climb into an MX-5 yet, and can't find a BMW M2 manual in an acceptable color, so the default choice for a while is my first ever VW -- a GTI Autobahn dressed in (surprise!) black.

I put a Borla "S" cat-back on it a few days ago, and it drives pretty sweet now...

20210401_175010.jpg

20210401_174847.jpg

Saying goodbye to the Alfa Romeo today, after almost three years -- decided to not buy it. Great engine and handling, just bored to tears without a manual transmission.

Replacement choices are limited, and Boxsters (718 or GTS) are a dime-a-dozen in our neighborhood. My new knee won't let me climb into an MX-5 yet, and can't find a BMW M2 manual in an acceptable color, so the default choice for a while is my first ever VW -- a GTI Autobahn dressed in (surprise!) black.

I put a Borla "S" cat-back on it a few days ago, and it drives pretty sweet now...

View attachment 682561
View attachment 682562
Can’t blame you Larry, I miss driving a sporty manual myself many days. The VW looks sweet! The Alfa is a great looking car, it’s too bad they don’t have the manual option.

Congrats Larry! :)

We 're getting an 1.5lt "mild Hybrid" 150hp Golf with a 7-gear double-clutch box, as all-around mule, for both everyday and week-end use.
Certainly not going to be posted here, as there 's nothing exceptional about it (other than the very nice sports seats and back-massaging driver's seat). Just a sensible choice for people getting older and, more importantly, poorer. Remember gas costs here around $7 per gallon.
I chose it over the Mercedes A200 1.3lt (also 7-DCG) for handling reasons, despite the extra 13hp of the Benz (total 163) and the latter's more impessive looks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom