PCF Car Pr0n - Cool cars you have / had / want! (3 Viewers)

Just took delivery of this cream puff last week. It’s been 18 years since I sold my Cobra and I had regretted it for a long time.
This baby is a ROCKET and an absolute blast to drive! Took a little cruise down the Mother Road today. View attachment 871133
View attachment 871131View attachment 871132View attachment 871134View attachment 871139View attachment 871140View attachment 871141View attachment 871142View attachment 871144View attachment 871143
The Texas panhandle is a pretty rough stretch to drive. I've made the drive from San Diego to Illinois (and back) several times and that stretch is always brutal. Nothing to look at and its depressing when you go past towns and businesses that have withered away after being bypassed. I-70 across Kansas is also a monotonous trip.

428 1970 Cobrajet, bought for 10K back in 1977,
View attachment 871234
Rainy thursday night the last time i heard it purr n gurgle :(
Ahh... the good ole days. 77 was the year I wrecked my firebird. Shopping for cars was fun! The two best cars I test drove were a metallic green (darker than yours if my memory is right) 70 GT500 and a stunning all black 69 Z/28. The camaro only had 10K miles on it and was pristine. Both were well out of my price range as I was planning on going back to school after taking a year off. Ended up settling for a 69 Mercury Cougar with a strong 351W. Automatic unfortunately, but a steal at $1200!

The Texas panhandle is a pretty rough stretch to drive. I've made the drive from San Diego to Illinois (and back) several times and that stretch is always brutal. Nothing to look at and its depressing when you go past towns and businesses that have withered away after being bypassed. I-70 across Kansas is also a monotonous trip.
It is a long drive across the panhandle for sure, about 176 miles on I40 from the Oklahoma border to the New Mexico border.
I’ve also driven the stretch of I70 you mention through Kansas, you never feel like you’ll actually get to Colorado traveling westbound.

I spent all of my life till last year living in Virginia and traveling the over congested and densely populated I95 corridor. When the opportunity to relieve myself of that HELL presented itself last year, I jumped at it and have absolutely no regrets of doing so.

I drive for a living and I’ve always enjoyed getting paid to do something I like doing. Out here in the Panhandle, the views are long and the elbow room is wide. While a lot of it is desolate as you mention, it’s been more like escaping from a box and waking up in heaven for me. I literally can’t imagine myself ever choosing to live as I did or where I did ever again.

Out here, no one tells you what color your front door has to be and they actually great you with a hello and a smile when you walk into the grocery store.
I can drop from 6th gear down to 4th gear at 80mph and be at 120mph in about 4 seconds in that Shelby. Plenty of room to do it and not catch too much heat over it.
I absolutely love it here!
Next time you might be coming through, send me a message and we’ll get together to splash some pots and take the Shelby for a spin.
0D50BD3D-69EC-4DDE-BF32-10E4142966FB.jpeg

It is a long drive across the panhandle for sure, about 176 miles on I40 from the Oklahoma border to the New Mexico border.
I’ve also driven the stretch of I70 you mention through Kansas, you never feel like you’ll actually get to Colorado traveling westbound.

I spent all of my life till last year living in Virginia and traveling the over congested and densely populated I95 corridor. When the opportunity to relieve myself of that HELL presented itself last year, I jumped at it and have absolutely no regrets of doing so.

I drive for a living and I’ve always enjoyed getting paid to do something I like doing. Out here in the Panhandle, the views are long and the elbow room is wide. While a lot of it is desolate as you mention, it’s been more like escaping from a box and waking up in heaven for me. I literally can’t imagine myself ever choosing to live as I did or where I did ever again.

Out here, no one tells you what color your front door has to be and they actually great you with a hello and a smile when you walk into the grocery store.
I can drop from 6th gear down to 4th gear at 80mph and be at 120mph in about 4 seconds in that Shelby. Plenty of room to do it and not catch too much heat over it.
Next time you might be coming through, send me a message and we’ll get together to splash some pots and take the Shelby for a spin. View attachment 871575
Washington south of Hollywood (like out towards Palo Duro) is my favorite

Next time you might be coming through, send me a message and we’ll get together to splash some pots and take the Shelby for a spin.
Having been stationed in both the DC area and Southern California, I can confidently state that there is no worse hell than I-95 corridor traffic.

Ahh... the good ole days. 77 was the year I wrecked my firebird. Shopping for cars was fun! The two best cars I test drove were a metallic green (darker than yours if my memory is right) 70 GT500 and a stunning all black 69 Z/28. The camaro only had 10K miles on it and was pristine. Both were well out of my price range as I was planning on going back to school after taking a year off. Ended up settling for a 69 Mercury Cougar with a strong 351W. Automatic unfortunately, but a steal at $1200!
Man i miss the mid to late 70's (guess we all miss our early 20's) Had the only 428CJ in the state, 3-4 in all of Aus. Had lost my drivers licence for 27 months (thats another story and another reason i sold it ). It was 3 speed auto (would've loved a manual), be doing 35 mph, flatten it next to some punter, thing would light up the right back tyre.
Only sold it because got an offer i couldn't refuse (well i could've):( and needed deposit for house cause marriage was on the horizon.
1646101692296.jpeg

American muscle rules

Last edited:
Stumbled across a few old pictures while I was cleaning out my desk last night.
1980 L82 Corvette. This is the only car I ever sold for more money than I paid for it.
96ECA3B7-BBBB-4D2D-8ADF-6C9F91E770BC.jpeg

My brother and I bought 93 5.0 LX mustangs on the same day from the same dealership back in the day.
$16800 brand new for one of the hottest rides on the road at that time.
9262DAC1-35B6-448E-8C6E-E9A563A42983.jpeg

And yes the white one is mine! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

1980 L82 Corvette. This is the only car I ever sold for more money than I paid for it.
View attachment 877513
My brother and I bought 93 5.0 LX mustangs on the same day from the same dealership back in the day.
$16800 brand new for one of the hottest rides on the road at that time. View attachment 877514
Love the late 70s/early 80s vettes.

Nice! I have fond memories of sneaking my Dad's 81 vette out while he was at work. One of my chores was washing the cars, so i knew where he left the keys.

View attachment 877513
$16800 brand new for one of the hottest rides on the road at that time. View attachment 877514
Awesome cars, but Dude! You need to get some COLOR in your life!

Awesome cars, but Dude! You need to get some COLOR in your life!
I saved all the color for my chippy’s! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: When I was a kid, one of the neighbors purchased an 84 Corvette. It was the first year of the C4 and it was all white.
As a kid I just always thought that car looked so good and it’s looks had a profound impact on my flavor for car color.
I’ve owned many vehicles since those days but when it’s come to the vehicles of the more sporty nature, all but a couple have been white. :cool

I saved all the color for my chippy’s! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: When I was a kid, one of the neighbors purchased an 84 Corvette. It was the first year of the C4 and it was all white.
As a kid I just always thought that car looked so good and it’s looks had a profound impact on my flavor for car color.
I’ve owned many vehicles since those days but when it’s come to the vehicles of the more sporty nature, all but a couple have been white. :cool
caddyshack-put-some-weight-on.gif

M seats anytime. At 53, I judge cars by their seats.
True Sports seats are actually more comfortabe and healthy than "comfort" seats for people with back issues.
My friend (and BM lover) said...WTF, they corrected the error you made while ordering and gave you 10K on top :)

I'll post pron once the chips euh car is in the house

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom