PCF Car Pr0n - Cool cars you have / had / want! (2 Viewers)

Can’t do it, buddy, bit too private to post things like that! Just here for chips. But love some of the posts on here. Beautiful cars.
Totally understand. I'm a car guy at heart and also love poker chips. I read your post about collecting cars and was hoping to get a look at the collection, but completely understand your desire for privacy. Definitely some amazing cars on here though!

Haven't posted the car that inspired my chip set, a 2009 Stryker Blue Pontic G8 GT. I've had her for 11 years now and has about 32k miles on it. Since then I added another one, Liquid Red, to the garage, which has 75k miles on it and is my DD. Love having massive HP/TQ, but still am able to fit the whole family.

View attachment 543567View attachment 543566View attachment 543565View attachment 543564View attachment 543568

View attachment 543569
Nice collection you have there. It reminds of the Holden VXR8, which I also like. Is that an LS motor up front? :cool

Nice collection you have there. It reminds of the Holden VXR8, which I also like. Is that an LS motor up front? :cool

Yeah, both have the L76 (similar to the LS2) on them. The blue one is modified cam, exhaust, intake, brakes, suspension so it moves faster than the stock LS3s that came with the GXP and cost less $. The red one is pretty much stock minus an exhaust change.

*not mine*
"When you're 60 but you only live once"

20201203_122255.jpg

I think I meant to post a picture in here a long time ago but never could because the file was too big but finally got a chance to lower the size and remembered about this thread. We got some good cars in here that's for sure! Here's my 2005 Procharged GTO, family has had it since 2005 when my dad bought it stock and new for my mom's birthday. She didn't like fast cars so it was basically a gift for himself haha. Now a days I drive it around and enjoy it. Super fun car overall and a rare one, don't see too many of these around anymore.

DSC06772.jpg

Why are there white cars? Does somebody at the factory forget to paint them? :tdown:
In sunny and dusty (non humid) countries, white, shades of silver and cream / beige are the only viable colors, unless the car is an ultra-precious garage Queen, never sleeping outside her own garage (so no out-of-town trips) and always meticulously washed after having been ridden. :)

Israelis, being very practical people, only buy white or cream cars, 4-door sedans, with automatic gearboxes.
A friend of mine was posted there as an expat, bringing with him a black, 2- door coupe, manual BMW (not an extreme version, not even "M"). She was considered there more exotic than a lunar vehicle.

Now a days a manual transmission is a pretty decent theft deterrent.
If you can find one at all....

I'm looking at a replacement for my Alfa now, since the lease is up in June. Tremendous suspension, but as good as the ZF 8-speed automatic is, I'm bored to tears driving it.

The pickings are slim. No new manual Alfas, Corvettes, etc. Even manual Miata Clubs with the suspension goodies and no driver aids are very hard to locate.

I'd hate to find the perfect car except for its' being white -- couldn't stand that.

I might actually be forced to buy something porky like a Mustang GT (4000+ pounds for the lightest, really?)

Any suggestions? Light weight, great handling, manual, moderate power (250-300HP is plenty), two excellent seats ( I've had the Alfa for 30 months already, and no one has ever sat in the rear seats yet)?

Normally I prefer a dark color, but the body lines of a Porsche look so good in white to me. Black hides them on a Porsche too much

I 've driven a Cayman S where it makes sense to do so; on a racetrack.
Having the engine in the centre of the vehicle is clearly more reasonable and "correct" architecture than the "outboard" architecture of the 911.
If Porsche were offering equally powerful engines in the Cayman, the latter would kill the 911, and nobody wants the icon humiliated.
Still, driving a 911 and adapting to its twists and vices is very rewarding. Only vehicle on Earth in which you continue braking (degressively) into a corner.

I 've driven a Cayman S where it makes sense to do so; on a racetrack.
Having the engine in the centre of the vehicle is clearly more reasonable and "correct" architecture than the "outboard" architecture of the 911.
If Porsche were offering equally powerful engines in the Cayman, the latter would kill the 911, and nobody wants the icon humiliated.
Still, driving a 911 and adapting to its twists and vices is very rewarding. Only vehicle on Earth in which you continue braking (degressively) into a corner.
Ya this wouldn’t be a daily driver. Weekend warrior. Been too long since I’ve owned a car. Maybe this will be the year I get back into something fun.

Any Cayman/S and Carrera/S/GTS can be a daily driver (provided you can afford an extra set of wheels and winter tyres for cold climates).
NOT GT3s / GT3RS though.

Any Cayman/S and Carrera/S/GTS can be a daily driver (provided you can afford an extra set of wheels and winter tyres for cold climates).
NOT GT3s / GT3RS though.
GT3rs I wish lol

I don’t think I could dump my jeep or truck. Most likely scenario would probably be to try to find a well kept low mileage 997

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom