Paulson RHC Relabel to Tournament Set (2 Viewers)

Hiya, Grant. Does your general method for removing regular inlays from THC and RHC chips also apply to chips with giant inlays? Is there a different process you would use, and are the results similar? There seem to be a lot of decent giant inlay chips out there at extremely good prices but few are buying (e.g. Garden City $2, $3, $5).
Somewhere in this site I have a thread where I removed a giant inlay.

A) you can do it

B) not a viable option as the inlay creates a double crease and it would look strange with a label (@Gear said it wasnt possible I think).

After image:
20171014_143316-1.jpg

Removing a giant inlay is certainly possible (as Grant's photo demonstrates!) but putting a giant-inlay-sized label back on the chip is never going to look good. Getting the label to cleanly fill in the hat-and-cane mold impressions isn't going to happen. Technically you could put a regular-size label into the middle area and leave the outer rim empty but that would just look weird.

I don't like to speak in absolutes because when I do, inevitably* someone or something comes along and proves me wrong, but in this case I think it's a non-starter.

* I really really wanted to write "almost inevitably"

Chris, we previously discussed milling a standard inlay chip recess so that the entire recess was flat-bottomed, and a slightly larger-than-standard label would then fit, filling in the entire recess area.

Along those lines, a giant-inlay-removed chip could be milled, so that the entire recess area was flat/flush, and it might accept a giant label with better-looking results. Or maybe not. :)

Any progress on that approach?

Chris, we previously discussed milling a standard inlay chip recess so that the entire recess was flat-bottomed, and a slightly larger-than-standard label would then fit, filling in the entire recess area.

Along those lines, a giant-inlay-removed chip could be milled, so that the entire recess area was flat/flush, and it might accept a giant label with better-looking results. Or maybe not. :)

Very interesting idea. Half of the hat/cane would be missing though.

Grant

And people already don't like RHC's.......

Removing a giant inlay is certainly possible (as Grant's photo demonstrates!) but putting a giant-inlay-sized label back on the chip is never going to look good. Getting the label to cleanly fill in the hat-and-cane mold impressions isn't going to happen. Technically you could put a regular-size label into the middle area and leave the outer rim empty but that would just look weird.

I don't like to speak in absolutes because when I do, inevitably* someone or something comes along and proves me wrong, but in this case I think it's a non-starter.

* I really really wanted to write "almost inevitably"

Well, I wouldn't have replaced the giant inlay with another giant inlay. I would rather leave the bisected hat and canes alone and place a small label inside. I don't think it would look too weird.

Anyway, these ideas of mine are really distractions. I've got the chip numbers I need for my roulette set, so I better get on to milling. And, of course, designing my Gear label graphics!

So I have decided to go with an alternate T1M chip using the AS $20 as it is much more affordable to acquire. I will post them up when completed.

Thanks
Grant

Latest batch waiting for labels.

20180811_234252.jpg

Since I prep chips less frequently I forget the effort involved. The whites, red and black took a over 2 hours alone.

Grant

Last edited:
New pelican case my friend gave me. I just had to buy some foam.

Holds 1500 (chip boxes stacked 3 high). It has wheels which I badly need with 1500 chips.
20180815_174121.jpg

Played around with some white plastidip (it peels off). My stencil skills need work! :S

20180815_174139.jpg

Grant

I'm thinking of relabelling the old 500k and 1M chips for OFC 1 and 20. Perfect amount of chips (60x1 and 12x20) for 3 players.

20180815_215845.jpg

Thanks
Grant

Successfully ran a 30 person 4 table tournament with the new set. Went with T2M starting stack with one T2M rebuy/add-on per person (so effectively a T4M per person stack). The set is currently at about 1400 chips.

Starting stack:
- 10 x 1k
- 8 x 5k
- 6 x 25k
- 8 x 100k
- 2 x 500k

The tournament went very well and everyone loved the chips.

I think I'll need to slowly add to the T1M and T5M chips for optimal amounts on final table/heads-up. Possible another barrel of T1M and 12 more T5M (to finish a barrel). Then I'll be done (lol). My fear is that once I get more of these chips I'll add another denom (I do have 12 of the old T1M after all).....

Thanks,
Grant

On the topic of RHC labeling, if I wanted to have a sticker cover an inlay (i.e., no routing out, just stuck on top), what diameter would I need?

On the topic of RHC labeling, if I wanted to have a sticker cover an inlay (i.e., no routing out, just stuck on top), what diameter would I need?

I'm not sure of sizes. I am pretty sure there can be some differences between chips. I have purchased all my labels from @Gear and he knows the appropriate sizes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom