Paulson RHC Relabel to Tournament Set (3 Viewers)

So I'm starting the process of doing a companion cash set to the tournament set. It won't be specifically labelled with the HIP but will call inspiration from their lyrics (75% on where I am going).

So far I think I have the line-up nailed.
View attachment 471297

$0.25 - Cleveland $500 primary
$1 - SY $2
$5 - SY $5
$20 - Isle $100

Honestly I dont think I'll need to go to any higher denoms. I may do a 43 white $100 one day, but no rush as it would likely never be in play.

Leaning towards textured labels ATM.

More info to come...
There's something pleasing about seeing murdered Paulsons like this. Just looks so pure. Very nice lineup! How hard were the ysabel $2s to kill comparatively speaking?

There's something pleasing about seeing murdered Paulsons like this. Just looks so pure. Very nice lineup! How hard were the ysabel $2s to kill comparatively speaking?
Not bad at all. Don't peal off like some chips, but pretty standard removal using nail polish remover.

Very true on the murdered chips. I've been murdering chips that i have or are attainable when I have more than one sample so I can evaluate combos of chips.
20200605_152927.jpg

I don’t know what’s been more captivating about this thread...
The topic, as I’m about to dive into that stage of the chipping hobby.
The hard work and dedication that I’m sure has taken an incredible amount of hours.
The beautiful set you’ve created! I am in complete aw! Truly remarkable job on all fronts from chip selection, inlay design and execution.
Well done friend :tup: :cool

Have you thought about flipping the $1 and $5? The Chocolate is very dark next to the Black.
That is one of the reasons I gave up on trying to make these chips work in a 5-6 chip tournament set. I'm not that concerned as most of the chips in play will be the $5 and under. Not a lot of $20s will be in play. I think I would rather replace the $20 with another chip down the road if it became an issue.

Anyone selling barrels of the YS $25? Love the colours on that chip, but then again I usually try to not use too many chips from one set when doing customs and I already have 2 YS chips.

So I'm starting the process of doing a companion cash set to the tournament set. It won't be specifically labelled with the HIP but will call inspiration from their lyrics (75% on where I am going).

So far I think I have the line-up nailed.
View attachment 471297

$0.25 - Cleveland $500 primary
$1 - SY $2
$5 - SY $5
$20 - Isle $100

Honestly I dont think I'll need to go to any higher denoms. I may do a 43 white $100 one day, but no rush as it would likely never be in play.

Leaning towards textured labels ATM.

More info to come...
Inlay design is making progress, I have 620 chips that require inlay removal, so that is likely the heavy lift.

I'm not sure why I didnt think of this before, but I think the AS $100 work well as a $20 for this set.
20200811_101506.jpg

Very true on the murdered chips. I've been murdering chips that i have or are attainable when I have more than one sample so I can evaluate combos of chips.
View attachment 471332

This is a great way to evaluate how well chips fit together in a relabel set. You get a different perspective when the label is not there, even if you are trying to ignore its design/color.

Every time I see that Horseshoe Cleveland $500 without its inlay, I think what a crime it is to put an inlay on that edge-spot pattern. I mean that just cries out to be a hotstamped chip, to show off the cool and unusual spots... cover it up with an inlay? just criminal.
Yeah, it seems strangle 90% of the purple is covered.

Another alternative. I was planning on using the BTP $100 as the $100, I'm not sure how crazy that would be considering the shared edge spot design and colours in the AS $100 - although I think the silver to gold progression is kind of neat.

20200811_102521.jpg

Every time I see that Horseshoe Cleveland $500 without its inlay, I think what a crime it is to put an inlay on that edge-spot pattern. I mean that just cries out to be a hotstamped chip, to show off the cool and unusual spots... cover it up with an inlay? just criminal.

Can you do a faux hot stamp with a clear base sticker and a metallic print?

What is up with that secondary $500??? I've never seen the design go under the inlay like that before. Doesn't match any of their other chips.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom