Paulson RHC Relabel to Tournament Set (2 Viewers)

Is the Canadian dollar really that devalued?!
1567749312586.gif

I'll try to bring a friend Grant...

I'm pumped to play tomorrow. See you there. I don't have to work this weekend ...so I'll be gamble gamble all night ..

Re-establishing my T100M as I have a bunch more T25M and only a few of my current T100M.

Looking for opinions (am going to label both but thought I'd ask now)

Orange or black?
20191106_101751.jpg
20191106_101914.jpg

Pros for orange:
- blaze orange
- no other use of black (although black T100k likely out of play by then)

Cons:
- inlay match will be off

Pros for black:
- T25M blue and the black compliment each other

Re-establishing my T100M as I have a bunch more T25M and only a few of my current T100M.

Orange or black?
View attachment 362993View attachment 362994

Pros for orange:
- blaze orange

Cons:

Pros for black:
I like the Orange, if it will be the top chip. It's very eye-catching and there are no repeating/similar colors with the Blue 25M.

Orange or black?
View attachment 362993View attachment 362994

Pros for orange:
- blaze orange

Cons:

Pros for black:

Does that mean you can sell me your old T1M chips? DIBS!

Sure. I will add pics later, am done for the night. Worked wonders on the Para-A-Dice too! I am stoked.

Disclaimer - I do not know if there are any long term issues with this process. I am only starting with 4 chips to see how it goes.

1. Cut down the middle of the inlay with a sharp knife at a 90 degree angle to cut into the plastic covering of the inlay. (I used a box cutter) Peal up an edge of the plastic

2. Cut a smaller cut in the middle to make another edge.

3. Pull up on the plastic, but do it slowly so that it pulls up on the paper underneath as it comes up (to help loosen it).

4. The plastic comes off pretty easily.

5. Put 3 drops of non-acetone nail polish remover on the paper, you will see it darken as it gets wet. This is the step I am not sure of. I used this to remove cancellation stamps from chips and it seemed to work ok. It does dry the chip out, I washed the chip with soap and water after. I will oil after I put new labels on.

6. Pull the paper label off in one peice, it slides right off.

Walla!
Good morning,

I scrolled through most of the thread, but might have missed an update. Has there been any problems with this process? Did you get any discoloration of the chips by using the non-acetone nail polish remover?

Thanks!
Kevin

Good morning,

I scrolled through most of the thread, but might have missed an update. Has there been any problems with this process? Did you get any discoloration of the chips by using the non-acetone nail polish remover?

Thanks!
Kevin

Some colours do react, which is why I restrict the NPR to the inlay area. Some purple, pink, and arc yellow have had the biggest reaction do far.

*edited for autocorrect spelling

Last edited:
So I'm starting the process of doing a companion cash set to the tournament set. It won't be specifically labelled with the HIP but will call inspiration from their lyrics (75% on where I am going).

So far I think I have the line-up nailed.
20200604_154525.jpg

$0.25 - Cleveland $500 primary
$1 - SY $2
$5 - SY $5
$20 - Isle $100

Honestly I dont think I'll need to go to any higher denoms. I may do a 43 white $100 one day, but no rush as it would likely never be in play.

Leaning towards textured labels ATM.

More info to come...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom