Paulson RHC Relabel to Tournament Set (1 Viewer)

Briefly had a nice stack Wednesday before I donked it off.

20180126_200743.jpg

My T5M chip mockup because.... well... ok, I have a problem. I've actually run a two table tournament with T4M stacks per player (T2M to start with a T2M rebuy/add-on) and I end up using all my T5K - T1M chips.

Thinking of an alternative T1M chip as well as the current one is too expensive to expand in volume. Also need another stack of the secondary T500K.

gc_5m1a.png

I hate the chip-to-chip variability of inlay diameters :(

At least I got the color right.

I hate the chip-to-chip variability of inlay diameters :(

At least I got the color right.
Funny enough, it isn't a chip-to-chip variability. Of the 3 $25 AS that I have relabeled each has a larger inlay diameter on one side (so one side fits snug, the other side has some gap (not as pronounced as the 48mm chips but the same idea).

Thanks,
Grant

T5,000,000. Don't run into too many of those, I wager.

Likely needed rarely when I do my 20 person T2M starting stacks, I just have a chip problem. I used these high denoms as the colours are from cash sets and don't fit the traditional 25, 100, 500, etc. denoms and I didn't want to start at 1, & 5.

My players seem to like the high denoms although they joke that I'll eventually have them starting at 1B.

Grant

I've been following from the beginning, and honestly, this whole process seems to have "broken the mold" as far as relabeling chips (removing labels), which I understood to be impossible without destroying the chip (inexperience and ignorance admitted). All that to say, this is awesome, and I think opens the door for people who are willing to invest the time and effort to remove labels without milling and create some truly unique and wonderful semi-custom sets. Inspirational to me anyways... (y) :thumbsup:

Hello,

I am looking for suggestions as to what denominations to use for relabeling standard Paulson RHC cash chips for a tournament set.

Currently I have the following chips and was thinking of the following high denominations but appreciate any feedback (updated counts and chips):

HS Cincinnati $1, 200 chips (plus 20 for later labeling for special events etc) - T1000
Native Lights $5, 200 chips (plus 20 for later labeling for special events etc) - T5000
Paradice $25, 200 chips -(plus 20 for later labeling for special events etc) - T25000
Native Lights $100, 100 chips - T100,000
HS Cleveland Secondary $500, 20 chips - T500,000
HS Cincinnati $1000, 7 chips - T1000000

I picked this ordering as the spot progression made the most sense to me. As I get more chips I may swap out or add different denoms. I would really like to add a blue at the high end.

Thanks,
Grant
New totals, I have a problem!

HS Cincinnati $1, 260 chips - T1000
Native Lights $5, 250 chips (plus 150 for later labeling for special events etc) - T5000
Paradice $25, 230 chips -(plus 20 for later labeling for special events etc) - T25000
Native Lights $100, 160 chips - T100,000
HS Cleveland Primary $500, 100 chips - T500,000
HS Cincinnati $1000, 12 chips - T1000000
AS $25, 8 chips -T5000000

HS 36mm pink Buyin chip, 20 chips - buyin
Winners Circle 48mm no mold 10k, 10 chips - buyin

Week night game has a T500k starting stack. Weekend long game is T2M.

Grant

So did you have to remove all the inlays on the original chips, or were you able to put the new stickers right over the top?

So did you have to remove all the inlays on the original chips, or were you able to put the new stickers right over the top?

I did a full inlay removal. A ton of work but worth it from my perspective (more chip visible and then you can use laminated labels).

My methods are earlier in this thread. From start to finish (receiving chip to cleaned labeled chip) I estimate an average of 3.5 minutes per chips.

Grant

Always been interested in trying to do something similar and this has given me even more inspiration to do so.
Thanks for sharing the process !!!

Hey grant is those scratches/gouges in center from removing the inlay?
If I may :)

In a word, no. They are of course revealed by removing the inlay, but pretty much every Paulson chip I've ever seen without its inlay has a similar squiqqle. I think it's from a little squirt of glue or something, probably used to hold the inlay in place during pressing.

I'm new here. Nice to meet you all. Do you know where is the best place to relabel your chips and how much does it usually cost. Thanks.

I'm new here. Nice to meet you all. Do you know where is the best place to relabel your chips and how much does it usually cost. Thanks.
Welcome to the site.

The best place to start is to PM @Gear.
He is the go to person for labels and offers inlay removal/replacement services too.

Grant

Hiya, Grant. Does your general method for removing regular inlays from THC and RHC chips also apply to chips with giant inlays? Is there a different process you would use, and are the results similar? There seem to be a lot of decent giant inlay chips out there at extremely good prices but few are buying (e.g. Garden City $2, $3, $5).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom